friday 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday 15

hiya folks Friday the weekend starts here...so lets go then ...its paaaaaaaaaarty time..yeh ok that got off to a great start!!anyways how are are we all then?good ? weather is slightly cold and frosty ..oh and this stuff too

20160114_141253.jpg

this was yesterday afternoon up the road from me about a mile....

so lets have a brew afore the cold sets in ...

hiya Lav..how are you today then brew time? glad you enjoyed that ...despite being very young,I have vivid memories of the 60s and always have strange isnt it?I was only 14 when we went into the 70s.I guess I am pretty much like your hubby...I dont /cant/wont sit still!!always a project or an invention on the go..so what are your plans for the weekend?

hiya ppqp ...how are you today then?there as never any doubt you would make the right decision...as for isolating yourself...hey everyone needs a break ...but when you are hacked orf it isnt the best thing to do....you might not be here but yer still in the gang!!!!!!

hiya 3.142 hows you today then? that you off to skool today then?forgot to shut the front room door ...and here he is ...the furniture destroyer!!!!!

20160115_092918.jpg

20160115_092911.jpg

now he is out..you have a great weekend...

Pauly ...signature changed ...thanx ..have you had a look at some more plants yet? any ideas ...nice stones btw..you up for anything over the weekend? have a good one

hiya kuya..hows things with you ?you ok down there?
    hi det ..you at home or travelling? likewise with you ns?
    best of luck with todays meeting bear..
    hi Sam the soiler you doin ok?

for anyone Ive forgotten,,,have a great weekend...

The waiter came up to my table and said, "Can I take your order?"

I said, "Sure."

"Thanks, I'm just really hungry." he added

Apparently Justin Bieber's mum dropped an E when he was a baby

She should of left it Justine Bieber

I was walking down a street in New York today with the world's largest chocolate cake when this bum asked me for a quarter.

I thought, "That's a bit greedy."

Urology, where taking the pee is all in a days work.

My son's feeling miserable. His drama group are doing a play about vegetables and he's been given the role of a carrot.

He's not a pea

Dear Tabloid Agony Aunt,

I keep seeking out advice for serious issues from dangerously under-qualified people. What do you suggest I do?
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Abbers, happy Friday to all!

Just cold & sunny here Mick. I see you had a touch of snow!!
    We will get snow eventually but it can wait as far as I'm concerned, ha ha!
    Nothing special on my plan book for the weekend, will see what develops
    Heading out to Curves shortly then.....who knows??

Hello to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF day for all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all
      nice frosty morning, daughter gone to Vermont so had to get over to stoke the wood furnace. Dang that thing can hold some wood! Long day yesterday... revise plat early in morning, to the lawyer, off veying on another large farm (very pretty place), home to chores, fixed tractor, and to bed!! More of a relaxed day today. Mick, start getting soiled some today. By the way, great snow pic. We're suppose to be getting some precip tonight, rain, then snow but no accumulation. Same your way, Lav?

be well good friends

off to the races...
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,we are all aware that you can't sit still haha!didn't see any plants that float my boat yet,will be on the lookout cuz I want something different than the usual,ones i see,slept good last night but now I'm groggy,can't win,hubs is a damn grouch! He wants to switch jobs but I know how he is with thinking the grass is always greener,that kind of thinking of his has caused us problems in the past,feck it,I can't let him but me,its really hard though to nuture a marriage and nurture sobriety at the same time,I feel selfish and only care about myself right now,did you guys have this problem? Of course I live him and want him in my life,its just different, grrrr,hope we all have a wonderful AF day
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I hate autocorrect! I hope you get what Iwrote,too lazy too edit

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Damn guys....been MIA due to lost Internet .....every time it rains really heavily my phone dies. The network is old but because I am rural the telco isn't going to replace equipment any time soon. It buggers up business as clients can't book appointments.

Haven't had time to catch up...hope all are well
            Last edited by kuya; January 15, 2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL.....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. So you finally got the snow. It's been snowing for 2 days now. The light fluffy stuff so that's ok. Took the afternoon off to start the weekend early. Planning on spending the day indoors tomorrow as temps are dropping to -30F with the windchill. Going to make a big pot of spaghetti sauce and spend the day eating. LOL

Lav....hope you found something interesting to do after curves.

Sam...I'm exhausted just reading your post. LOL Enjoy your relaxing day today.

Pauly...too lazy to edit. That's funny. Was able to read the post just fine. I think I was lucky when I decided to quit drinking as it was only me and could be as selfish as I wanted. I do think it must be hard to nurture your marriage at the same time but it sounds like you're able to talk to your hubs about it. You're doing a great job, hang in there, it will get easier. :hug:

Ky...the exact thing happens to our phones at work when we get a good downpour. And we're in the city!! Doesn't bother me too much as the boss just says, let's pack it in. LOL The phone co is in the process of upgrading their lines but we are not a priority.

Well, guess I have time to do the breakfast dishes now. Have a Fab Friday all.......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Thanks PQ,yeah this would be easier if I were alone,however then I'd probably isolate myself more,I think cuz for 10 years of our marriage we were both slaves to boozing and its hard to find out who we are again,I need to be a better wife though,last night I was watching a show about this guy who wanted to lose weight the old fashioned way, diet and exercise and his fiancé wouldn't jump on board and get with the program, she whined,was lazy,bleh,they ended up breaking up cuz he wanted to focus on his goals,I don't want something like that to happen,I do tend to ignore him like he's a piece of furniture sometimes, not always but too much

Comment

Pauly...yup and that isolation can be deadly! If I remember from past posts he's well aware that you are giving up alcohol and that he supports that. I think you said one time that you wanted to stop for a 6 pack on the way home from somewhere and everyone just looked at you. It wasn't beer but soda. Sounds to me that he and your family are behind you. I think the only personal advice I can give is to talk. When you feel like you're treating him like a piece of furniture maybe tell him that you love him but need to love yourself right now. Hope that makes sense. Just a suggestion....PPQP

Comment

Pauly there is a great relationship book by George Pransky "The relationship handbook" and it says that the reason relationships and relationship counselling fail is that people focus on the problems.

He advises couples only discuss the positive and when in a positive mood. He says communication is not valuable if the only thing flowing between them is bad feelings.

I am still reading but it really makes sense so far.

Comment

Supposedly just rain on our radar tonight Sam. It hit 51 degrees this afternoon - woo hoo!!!

Pauly, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about........
                      If you remember YB picked up & left 15 months after I stopped drinking. 37 years of marriage down the tubes? At that point I was sure it was because I had stopped focusing on him & turned my attention to myself. I had to do that & I am not sorry. It took him 4 YEARS to pull his head out of his a$$ & return. He's back but everything has changed - oh well. It's just the way it is.
                      There was never any balance in our lives & I don't expect there ever will be either. I am fine, I am happy enough & I am healthy. My killer anxiety is gone, my depression is gone. I find happiness in small things, despite him. Did I ever expect my life to work out like this? No, but I am OK. You will be OK too, keep the faith. Keep working on improving yourself & he just may follow your lead.

PQ, I feel like I should send you a blanket to stay warm, BRRRRR!!

kuya, I hope you get your internet fixed soon, that sucks especially when it messes with your business. I totally depend on the internet too.

Have a peaceful night everyone!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                      X