sat 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat 16th

morning all to a frosty Jan morning ....first thing I do is nip out and make sure the wabbitz are ok...and they are both happily munching away with their little selves...its sunny and dry ..yup had a lie in this morning..its now 0830!!

so large cup of hot coffee to get me on the move ...anyone else?

hiya Lav..here you go first out of the pot.....impressed with my new pic?:congratulatory:
    hows maxie?hope she is doing ok.....is it a house full today for you?I had plans to go on the treadmill this morning but knee is a bit sore so need to rethink that one....

hey Sam hows you mate ....sounds like a busy day you had and yet one of those days that could be a mañana if you wanted it to be..any gigs lined up?

hiya Pauly,sounds like you are going thru a bit of a drama at the mo...Im probably the last person to advise on relationships but here we go ...my pennies worth...Firstly you say you argued about it before.......so that knocks the booze choice on the head cos you would do it whether you were drinking or not..secondly as for being selfish...are you???I would say not...thru this you are improving/changing your quality of life,relationship,health,atitude and finance....thirdly whats he contributing to it all?its ok to say fk this Ive had enough I want another job....fine no problem with that...go find one that you like,that you will enjoy doing and will improve maintain our quality of life then come back and lets talk about it all..no sense of just sayin I want a job..thats kid an a sweetshop crap..next is oyuve quit drinkin and bloody well too..maybe if you had another avenue to focus on ?give you an example..I do a lot of diy ,playing about with wood, and various other things...now before when I was working and drinking,I didnt have the time and certainly not the self confidence,interest,all that sorta thing..jeez sometimes full of vodka and strong lager ...power tools????you will be surprised at what you can actually do...I can think of someone who creates fantastic cakes,someones else who helps people with drug addiction,so really the world is your oyster..and then its what you want too.....you say you are happy with hubby and you love him...assuming that is reciprocated then you have a solid foundation to build on...dont forget though its a 2 way street...if you are makn the effort shouldnt he be.. just sayin.....:hug: oh and get some plantz!!!

hiya kuya...hey you dont have to go to nz to get crap internet connections....where I am is a pretty good copy of yours!!hope all is well with you....

hiya ppqp....how are you? I thnk our eyes get usd to readin and recognsing crtain word pattrns kinda lke an inbuilt shrt hand......Hey bet you njoy whn its raining,,just hikn you will be able to write that into job specs soon..If its raining dont come in...line 2 ..if it rains ..go home!!how are the eyes doing?

hiya everyone else...where are yizall...yoohoo det,bear ..(what happened at the meeting)pie ,ns ..hope you are all good...

right peeps goodly bye Im out tomorrow early doors....

I was at a job interview today, and the interviewer said, "It says on your CV that you are quick at mental arithmetic. What's seventeen times nineteen?"

I immediately said, "Thirty-six."

He said, "That's not even close."

I said, "But it was quick."

News: Trump accuses opponent of having Canadian passport.

He doesn't, but like many people, he will if Trump is elected.

think about it...

Chelsea footballer Eden Hazard's brother, Thorgan, is currently having an impressive season in Germany with Borussia Monchengladbach.

Unfortunately the same can't be said about his other brother, Dukesof, who has just been sacked by his club for trying to get onto the team bus by climbing through the window.

The geriatric crew who carried out the Hatton Garden robbery only got caught because they didn't have enough charge in their getaway mobility scooters.

What the Russians ACTUALLY requested to take to the ISS was a box set of "Twin Peaks" Sorry about the mix up lads.

Finding one of her students making faces at others on the playground, Ms. Smith stopped to gently reprimand the child. Smiling sweetly, the Sunday school teacher said, "Johnny, when I was a little girl, I was told if that I made ugly faces, it would freeze and I would stay like that." Little Johnny looked up and replied, "Well, Ms Smith, you can't say you weren't warned."

A guy was arrested for groping a hotel receptionist. In court, his defence was: "When I arrived there, I drove through a gate marked ENTER, walked through a door saying PUSH, came to a desk with a bell that said PRESS and met a woman wearing a badge that said PAT."

I make £1,000,000 a month cleaning Windows.

I invented Norton Anti-virus.

A Zulu walking through the jungle comes across a pygmy standing over a dead lion.
    "Did you kill that lion?" asks the Zulu.
    "Yeah, I beat it to death with my club," the pygmy replies.
    "Feck, you must have a big club," says the Zulu.
    "yup, there's about thirty of us."

A young man at this construction site was bragging that he could outdo anyone based on his strength. He especially made fun of one of the older workman. After several minutes, the older worker had enough.

"Why don't you put your money where you mouth is?" he said. "I'll bet a week's wages that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow over to the other building that you won't be able to wheel back."

"You're on, old man," the young man replied. "Let's see what you've got."

The old man reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles. Then, nodding to the young man, he said with a smile, "alright. Get in."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hiya Abbers,

Internet all good now....as is the weather, at last. This has been the worst summer since I emigrated but I actually got a really nice swim in today. So here's hoping I can start shedding some of the smoke quit weight.

Another thought I had Pauly is just to sit tight. When I quit my moods were all over the place for two years....maybe just put everything down to PAWS and revisit it later.

BTW I have never congratulated you on your sobriety Pauly, when I was last here regularly you really struggled to stay quit so fantastic job and good on you for sticking at it!

Comment

Morning All, Yesterday's weather was a marvel! 72 degrees, blue skies, low humidity, as nice a day as we ever have, and so unexpected for January. Change is on the way though, so will enjoy as long as it lasts. Logged onto the school system to see 40 jobs, about 10 times more than normal. Took a high school science assignment and had an easy day.

Mick, your Zeuss looks so healthy and happy! New avatar, eh? Maybe time for a new one meself.

PQ, I made a pot of meatballs and sauce as well. Hope yours help see you through the frigid temps.

Off to Dad's today. Seems he's got an ankle injury that bodes poorly for his already limited mobility.

Comment

Good Saturday morning Abbers!

Is that a minion wearing plaid Mick?? Ha ha!!!
        Thanks for the coffee, it's helping
        We had heavy rain overnight but the sun is out now, nice. Maxie is in a holding pattern it seems. I am managing her pain level pretty well so she can get up & out when necessary. She's still happy & still eating well & loves the kids. I am waiting to see how the weekend is shaping up, I never know until the last minute. We found out last night that our son has received his promotion to Lieutenant in the DC fire department so we may have a little celebration. He's worked very hard!

Pie, I hope your Dad is OK. Geez, mobility problems with the elderly can have devastating effects. Sounds like a lot of teachers wanted a 4 day weekend, huh? Nice for you

Kuya, glad your internet is back in full service. My internet company has just starting acting up this month & has been sending us daily messages about bandwith usage - whatever. It's their way of charging us an extra $10/month.

Greetings to all & sending wishes for a fabulous AF day. I'm off to the Amish farm now to pick up this week's mystery box of organic veggies!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off and the coffee. Was hoping for a lay in this morning too but nope up at silly o'clock. At least I don't have to get out of my PJ's.
          Eye is about the same, still on drops twice a day. I've had 4 injections now so maybe something will start happening. Will find out on the 25th after my eye appt.

Ky...evening to you, glad your internet is back. Good idea about PAWS for Pauly.

Pi...wow, 72 degrees, heaven. Mmmm, meatballs! Hope your Dad is ok and recovers quickly. Good job on the job Friday. LOL

Lav...Congrats for your son. I'm sure there'll be a party at your place this weekend. I take it Maxie is your dog. She's definitely in good hands.

Off to get another cuppa and read Mick's jokes. Have a Super Sober Saturday all......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,your new avatar threw me for a bit,as for hubs and his job I'm just thankful he has one!now this is the boss who got him a lawyer when he got that drunk driving charge a couple years back,I'd be kissing his ass for the rest of my life if it were.me!! But no he has to whine and piss and moan he's not making as much as when he did plumbing blah,blah,he seems to forget it was 11 years ago and there was a housing boom then,those days are OVER do I just ignore his moping,ignore him and that's not good but we talked about it a bit last night, Kuya,thank you Pie,I'm moving to TX! I want 70 degree weather too! Lav,let us know what's in the mystery box,our other friends need to check in,much love to all,let's have a great SaturdayX-post hi PPQP,hope your day goes well, hows your son doing btw?
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

aargh its just startin to snow.......yep Lav tis a jockanese minion ...pauly...no you dont ignore him...why am I telling you ...a woman how to do this??? summat not right here!!no arguments ..lotsa noddin and agreein ..smile sweetly and the answer is ..I fully support you...yes if you arent happy then move on and see what there is,once you find another one, then lets sit down and work it out.....whilst actually in your head you are sayin why the feck dont you shurrup whinin
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
              X