sunday 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday 24th

mornin all..for all those currently in the path of the snow and bad weather Lav,Sam etc ...stay safe.....kinda puts our puddles of rain to shame! not going detecting today,so here we are at a reasonable time of day...hope all is well..got to go and get my haggis for tomorrow,25h of Jan ..Burns night...Haggis tatties and neeps...fortunately Ive got a friend in Scotland who breeds haggis,free range ones,so its being shipped down today....
    without further ado....brew time

hiya kuya.....swimming..love it...in fact I am going today...not in the sun hasten to add but just to the pool and gym...Glad things have got better on the staff/work front...also you and daughter seem to be gettin on great...just as well really ..its a loooong time in a plane sittin with someone you dont get on with!!have a good one...

hiya ppqp...hows things with you today then?see yesterday was a doss day...more of the same today?are you in snow the noo too?have a peaceful Sunday

hi ya pie..well what a particularly perfect piece of perfect poetic prose you produced yesterday..always admired articles of alliteration....any way ..hows you then?no more about the wee dogs that guy tried to dump?hope the condo showing went good....

Pauly ,pauly hows you then ?hope you are feeling better ...after your dramatic weight loss programme!!seriously tho...hope you are ok today..do you have to work today?have a duvet day!!

hiya ns...you ok?

hi Lizann...nice to see you ...hope you are ok...looked at your avatar...thought ..why has she got a pic of Blackpool tower as an avatar.......put me readin specs on to find La Tour Eiffel!! someone should have patented chicken soup years ago ..what a winner

hiya Lav....wow...saw your pics on fb with the snow...that is seriously deep there...who is the snowblower clearing the path?listenin to the forecast..says it is there for today too then on the move hope so...one large brew to you ...

hiya bear ...hows things with you then?think you are makin the right choice to sit and think about the future in the cold light of day without the anger or angst...any plans for today then?

Sam the man ..hows you in snowland today...?how are the cattle faring?stay safe my friend..

det hows you today..

right peeps offski I go..so fare thee well....for those snowbound ..stay warm and safe...but if you do get bored here you go.....

snowman kit.jpg

Saudi Arabia's rulers have said chess was the work of 'Satan' and is banned from Islam.

I wonder if its because it has a Queen who can out manoeuvre the King.

Today I spent most of my day off trying to repair the leaking tap in my kitchen.

Now my neighbours think I have Tourette's Syndrome.

Andy Murray's father in law has been rushed to hospital after collapsing. Doctors have now pinpointed the cause.

Boredom

BBC News reports that by the time the massive blizzard raging across the US passes, the nation's capital, Washington, could lie under a record 30 inches of snow.

That's nothing compared to the amount of sh.t it's going to be in when Trump gets elected.

I went for an audition for a small part in a horror film.
    The casting director said she has a role available for a cannibal zombie and would I be interested.
    I bit Her hand off

My mate did a twenty kilometre swim this morning which is pretty amazing.I'd struggle to do that on a bike.

Bikes aren't made for water.

Donald Trump says he could shoot someone and his fans would still love him.

That's true,especially if he shot his hair stylist.

Q: Why was six scared of seven?
    A: Because seven "ate" nine.

Q: What is the difference between snowmen and snowwomen?
    A: Snowballs

I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker. But when I got home, all the signs were there.

A teacher asked her students to use the word "beans" in a sentence. "My father grows beans," said one girl. "My mother cooks beans," said a boy. A third student spoke up, "We are all human beans."

A lady comes home from her doctor's appointment grinning from ear to ear. Her husband asks, "Why are you so happy?" The wife says, "The doctor told me that for a forty-five year old woman, I have the breasts of a eighteen year old." "Oh yeah?" quipped her husband, "What did he say about your forty-five year old ass?" She said, "Your name never came up in the conversation."

Q: How do you count cows?
    A: With a cowculator.

Instead of "the John," I call my toilet "the Jim." That way it sounds better when I say I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

1504546_10152833281868548_3884182422418562852_n.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; January 24, 2016, 06:58 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick, You awesome alliterator, you! No further sign of the pup dumper, though I did drive down my road looking several times that day. Hoping he came up with a better plan.

How fun your snowman kit looks! I just brought one of these, cause I'm really helpful that way.

Looking forward to hearing from both our snowbird, and sunkissed friends. Pauly, hope you're feeling better.

Comment

Good morning Abbers on this beautiful & sunny day after the blizzard

Happy to report we never lost power for a change ~ nice!
      Having heat, lights, running water & flushing toilets makes all this nonsense easier to deal with, ha ha!!!
      Mick, that was the actual YB using the snow blower yesterday. I just use a good old fashioned shovel, ha ha!! There is at least 24 inches out there, hard to tell because of the drifts. Love the snowman kit. I will need a lot of coffee to get thru all this today!
      Free range haggis Mick? REALLY???

Pie, come on over & bring that cute shovel
      You are welcome to break it in over here.

Sam, hope everything is OK with you!
      I am hearing about roof collapses on barns, houses & even a church - geez.

bear, keep holding yourself together & trust that everything is going to be OK.
      I am a much happier camper since I gave up trying to control my life, honestly.

Hello to the rets of the crowd. I will check in later after some shoveling exercise!!!!
      Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all
        the big snow event is over, no loss of power, which as you say Lav, really makes life a lot easier, though we're generatored up. Cows didn't calf yesterday, at least last I checked, saw no signs of eminent calving (yet).

P.Q., these darn things were suppose to calve late fall but 3 out of 5 are still due. Glad the wind stop blowing. Loved getting out in it and playing but the wind kinda cuts into you. I am sure for you, this would be more a routine occurrence. How was it keeping livestock up there in the winter??

Mick, had to look up the haggis . "Old hag" is a term of endearment to my wife but I see this is not related. Found this little sport related to it as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis_hurling. You ever try it? We had breakfast last night of home food: sweet tater fries from the garden, bacon from the pigs, and eggs from the chickens, that are for some reason laying right along through all this cold and dark. (Lav, never put the lights on this year.) Now I need a rotor rooter for my veins.

Pie, the story of the pup dumper is really sad. I can't imagine doing that to an animal. My son brought one those shovel contraptions the other day, never had one but I like it. Needless to say, it works!! Runs on coffee!

well, off to my second cup then out the door for more fun.

be well good friends
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,well stomach is better but my head feels like I have water on the brain,very heavy and disconnected feeling, tried to exercise and got 1,000 warm up steps then said sod this head too heavy, and poor Louie has an ear infection, Kell took him to the doc yesterday cuz he was up crying all night before and she got in trouble with work by taking the day off,screw them,Lou's more important than that job she hates anyways, I'm watching him today,that is if she still has a job another girl was fired for the same reason,had a doc note and everything! I hate being sick,feels like a hangover and I am uncomfortable with that feeling, they were showing pics of the snow on the news and I swear I've seen worse storms? Lav,what do you think? Pie,cute shovel but where's our Sunday lattes and pastry could use one but don't want my guts to go haywire again,Det,wish you'd check in man,SF too,PPQP,how's your guyses weather? Sam,did your power stay on? Bear,you'll get your job situation sorted eventually, when's Rollerblade starting again? Off to find a blandbbreakfast, yippee,I'd rather have a fast food biscuit,egg,bacon and cheese sandwich: ( but don't dare,was gonna make chilli for dinner,ugh no,hope we all have a satisfying, sober Sunday,much love to all
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Sam,glad your power stayed on,now that's the kind of breakfast I'm talkin bout! was gonna chastize you for calling your wife "old hag" but I call hubs "Baldo" so were both evil Hahahaha

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Heard a little Byrdie mention that NS is celebrating 3 AF years today. Snacks for everyone!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Glad to see you're giving that knee a break today. Yup, another day of putzzing and I am getting lots accomplished. We've been having a heat wave, 48F yesterday and only a skiff of snow overnight. Next winter will be brutal though as we transition out of El Nino and into La Nino. Quit teasing Sam about Haggis.

Pi...don't show of that shovel too much you will be overwhelmed with requests!

Lav...thought you said hello to the rats of the crowd. LOL Glad you didn't loose power just adds to the hassle. Stay safe.

Sam...are they Heifers? I finally put my foot down and said no more heifers if you're not going to be around come calving time. We were lucky with lots of shelter but thawing the well water when the heater got unplugged was a pain. You also stay safe.

Pauly...you're sounding better today. Thankfully not having to deal with bad weather this winter. Does make me think that we'll get a major snow storm in May though. That's usually how it goes. Hope Louie isn't too fussy for you while your head clears. Have a restful day if you can.

Another cuppa and reading the jokes before putzzing commences. Have a Super Sunday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

NS....CONGRATS ON 3 YEARS
                  Thanks for the heads up Pi and pass the snacks. Mmmmm.

Comment

PQ,I still remember when you guys had snow in Aug or early Sept that one year! Glad its mild so far,treats look good I can defo eat those

Comment

NS - 3 years that's amazing - great stuff
                      one day at a time

Comment

Thanks, friends :hug:. I will take those delicious looking treats any day, Pie :smile:. And, Mick, I really appreciated the poem you wrote for me. You're good at getting to the heart of the matter in rhyme. Anyway, I highly recommend 3 AF years - it feels really good.

Keep the Trump jokes coming, Mick - PLEASE! I'm starting to lose my sense of humor about the guy, despite what a clown he is.

I'm so glad to see you back posting, PPQP, and hope work and health concerns all even out soon. And the same for your job stresses, Bear.

Glad the snow storm didn't cause big problems for you, Sam and Lav - Enjoy the beauty!

Pauly, it doesn't seem fair you're dealing with all these illnesses when you're treating your body right by not drinking. Have you ever considered doing something like a Whole30? It might help you identify some things that could be causing these problems. I hope you're feeling good about yourself about being AF - I know I'm really happy for you!

Det, I second Kuya's suggestion about Gulf Breeze. Heck, I'd like to go now!

Take care, NS

Comment

Hey NS
                          A well done to you!!!!
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                          X