Raw Food Diet/Detox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raw Food Diet/Detox?

I remember reading that someone had done a several month raw food diet to detox. if anyone has experience with that, could you please let me know what you think? I would really be interested in giving that a try. Thanks
    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Raw Food Diet/Detox?

Hi - I had posted that (maybe someone else did too?)
    Anyway, it was a few years ago and I felt SO FANTASTIC I thought I'd never go back to cooked foods. Raw food diets, over the past few years, as you may know, have had quite a following. I read a ton about it - I think there are better books now....
    Nature's First Law was my first book - and was quite popular among raw fooders then. These guys are quite radical, but it got me motivated for sure! A favorite is Enzyme Nutrition by Dr. Edward Howell. He explains the vital role of enzymes in keeping us young and vigorous. The biggest health benefit of raw is that the enzymes in food are not killed off - they are dead once heated about like 105 degrees or so.

I'm sure there are tons of links online. I'd love to write more now about my experience (these conversations are motivating me to go back to it for awhile!!) but alas, I have to get some work done today.... Anyway, read, learn, be inspired. I highly recommend it!!

I jsut remembered - when I did this way of eating I was working in a grocery store, natural/bulk food section. I made such a dramatic transformation - in body size, vigor, glow, spirit, etc - that many customers and coworkers begged me to tell them all I'd done. I loved sharing the info as it was surely the best thing I'd ever done for my health. It's pretty basic - just eat raw foods! The few of those who were inspired by my metamorphosis (no exaggeration, it was a metamorphosis) and tried it for themselves also were very very pleased with the results.
    It's not exactly easy, but build your motivation with knowledge and get excited about what it can do for you as you research - and that motivation will carry you through!!!
    (Jeez, I think I'm going to take my own advice!!)
    This is a fantastic time of year to do raw foods - especially if you have a local farmers market where you can get the best of everything.
    Lots of literature will tell you to get a juicer (I do recommend that) and start growing sprouts and wheatgrass, get a dehydrator, etc etc etc. But it really does not have to be that big a deal (that's mostly if you determine you want to be a raw fooder for life).

Gosh - ok, better close and get back to work... almost time for a salad!
    Hugs,
    imatree

Comment

Working...
    X