Monday 25th Burns night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 25th Burns night

hiya folks happy Burns Day to youse all....Haggis been caught ,sent down from the glens,and will be on the plate tonight with tatties n neeps..and a glass o Irn Bru!!So how is everyone in Snowsville? whats todays sitrep?is it starting to go?take a while to thaw some of that..we have had warning of storm Jonah coming through this week..hopefully get a little more done in the garden...but first ..da da...brew time..we are looking at booking a holiday..well Julie is..for my birfday in July..15 days touring Italy top to toe ..includes Pompei Rome Monte Cassino Naples Sorrento ,Capri and Sicilly so that should be good...anyways movin on...

hiya pie hows you today then?all good ? hopefully that will turn into a spare snow shovelling scoop and wont be needed!!!yep hope the pooch dumper found a better plan!!cabinet is not far off finished now...2 or 3 more coats of varnish..job done...

hiya Lav....hows you today then?all good?has the snow stopped yet?or are you still making good use of your snow blower?here you go anyway...large brew here for you..you wont need curves you will get all the exercise with the shovel....

hiya Sam...well glad that the snow job is over for you...is it all stsrting to thaw?wow..bet the cattle are pretty chuffed too..there is nothing to beat home grown ..yes I know you can but it as cheap in some cases but you can def taste the difference.....as for haggi throwing...nope not into that at all Im quite surprised this cruel animal sport is still allowed to go on!!

pauly..wowee that was some fred!!there were about a million things in it....how are you feeling today?and how is Louie too? youre rightLouie comes first...hope yuo are better today :hug: you need plants!!!!!!!

ppqp...whats going on here then?good weather?whats that about then?should you not have lots of snow there?so was yesterday another eazee day?when do all the job changes start at work?

hiya ns..how are you today then? ok I hope..glad the poem worked...yep will seem what I can come up with for Trump...

hiya bear hows you then?keep thinking..keep smiling

hiya kuya ...how are you then?hows work...do you get specific times being busy or is it as and when?

hi det what happening with you?

right peeps....as I said ..I split the garden...and this is what happened....

20160123_121759 (1).jpg

20160123_121746.jpg

20160123_121826.jpg

and now where we are up to!!

20160124_120044 (2).jpg

Jeb Bush worked for the now bankrupt Lehman Brothers in 2007 ($1.3 million salary) and helped cause the Great Recession. Carly Fiorina, as CEO of HP, completed a disastrous merger with Compaq (High Revenue low margin PC maker). After the Kindle & iPad were introduced (cannibalizing PC sales) a few years later, HP was removed from the DOW Jones average. Donald Trump built a 10 billion dollar net worth through savvy deal-making and successful branding. Now you tell me who's better for the US Economy.

How do you make Halloween great again? By carving a Trumpkin.

Dear El Chapo, if you mess with Donald Trump, there will be hell toupee.

What is Donald Trumps biggest dilemma if he is elected president? Finding a cabinet position for the thing on his head!

What does Melania see in Donald Trump? "Ten billion dollars and high cholesterol!"

How is Donald Trump going to create middle class jobs? By paying them to cheer for him during campaign events.

How do you know the economy is only getting worse? On the latest episode of "Celebrity Apprentice", Donald Trump fired himself!

I built an electric fence around my house last night.

My neighbour is dead against it.

I was walking through an arts and crafts shop when I saw a sign saying, "Glue Sticks."

I thought, "No shit."

I've raised quite a lot of money through crowdfunding.

I'm a pickpocket.

How lazy is my wife..

I was in the bath last night with the hot water tap running, I had to shout her 3 times to turn the tap off.

I was reading that Russia want to be first to build a base on the moon where astronauts will live permanently.

One astronaut got asked if he really wanted to spend the rest of his life in a barren, lifeless landscape.

He replied, "No, that's why I want to go to the moon."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

MAE Abbers....

Beautiful day today, another scorcher. Spent 3 hours in the pool this evening with son and DIL.. Was magic.

My business is very unpredictable Mick, it used to be busy in the summer, quiet in the winter when I was in the UK but here I have rural clients and they are busy during summer so it is very little seasonal difference.

The recession has eased off so people are more comfortable spending is all, but can still get very quiet weeks when I have fixed everything. Be very concerned if your doctor or vet is always busy....it means they are either rushed, rubbish or ripping you off! lol

Comment

morning all
      a brisk 16ยบ F out today. Thanks for the brew Mick, ready for another! Morning to you Kuya, still going to the UK soon?

looks like it might be another expensive day: I was clearing a neighbors drive with my tractor and the hydraulics stopped working, hope it something simple but my gut feeling is the pump. Off to the dealer after finishing this. Thank goodness I put plenty of hay out before the storm so that should be ok for another day or two. If it ain't one thang it be annuder, as they say round chere. Well off to it. hope evreyone is doing well.

Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Looks like today will be another day of digging out, goodness!
        I haven't even begun to address trying to get my chickens out into their yard for some fresh air & exercise. The storm knocked down the big tarp over their yard so I have to try to drag that thing out of the way, ugh.
        Schools are closed around here so the kids get an extra day to have some fun.

Mick, enjoy your haggis, haha!!
        I am going to see if Curves manages to open today despite all the exercise shoveling snow.

kuya, I've been using the same vet since I moved to this area 13 years ago. She is wonderful & kind & has a pretty big following. I hope your folks are faithful to you as well.

Sam, it's only 12 degrees here so you are lucky, ha ha!
        I hope you can get your tractor fixed quickly, that's a shame.

Hello to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF day for all. I will check in later.

Lav
        Last edited by Lavande; January 25, 2016, 08:30 AM.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,I want to extend my"garden" too,the problem is the bougie is at the very end of it and we'd hafta move it ,not sure if it would survive or if it is still alive as it is, last year the one we had froze but this one doesn't seem as dead as last years,we shall see,I'd like to plant more than just tomatoes and see if by some miracle something grows, the toms were a complete surprise NS,thanks for the suggestion on the "whole 30" but no way in hell! I wouldn't last 30 minutes on that diet Hahahaha, its pretty extreme and I understand the reason of it but I could see myself getting resentful doing that,I'm already trying to stop smoking, gave up soda(who'd have thought) exercise 7 days a week,see a therapist here recently (not a alcohol, just regular) reconnecting with hubs,I'm working on myself,just some kinks here and there Sam,lovely pic of you two in the snow I seen on the news people playing in it,looked fun but glad its not me,well off to find socks my feet are freezing cuz I just polished my toes,hate naked toenails! Much love to all,no Mondayitis for anyone!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

If you drink a lot of soda, Pauly, just getting rid of that might help you enormously! I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
              Mae everybody, Mick,I want to extend my"garden" too,the problem is the bougie is at the very end of it and we'd hafta move it ,not sure if it would survive or if it is still alive as it is, last year the one we had froze but this one doesn't seem as dead as last years,we shall see,I'd like to plant more than just tomatoes and see if by some miracle something grows, the toms were a complete surprise NS,thanks for the suggestion on the "whole 30" but no way in hell! I wouldn't last 30 minutes on that diet Hahahaha, its pretty extreme and I understand the reason of it but I could see myself getting resentful doing that,I'm already trying to stop smoking, gave up soda(who'd have thought) exercise 7 days a week,see a therapist here recently (not a alcohol, just regular) reconnecting with hubs,I'm working on myself,just some kinks here and there Sam,lovely pic of you two in the snow I seen on the news people playing in it,looked fun but glad its not me,well off to find socks my feet are freezing cuz I just polished my toes,hate naked toenails! Much love to all,no Mondayitis for anyone!
              pauly...before you move the bougie..give it some water...than dig the whole lot out as a rootball...should fingers xd be ok...
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

NS,I was drinking 3 20 oz bottles of diet coke a day,everyday, I haven't been drinking it for nearly 2 weeks,its been easy but not sure how easy it will be when it his 100+ this summerMick,sounds like a plan,the hard part is getting hubs to dig a new hole and resoil, that ground is hard for me to dig too deep,its almost like concrete
                Last edited by paulywogg; January 25, 2016, 10:17 AM.
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                  NS,I was drinking 3 20 oz bottles of diet coke a day,everyday, I haven't been drinking it for nearly 2 weeks,its been easy but not sure how easy it will be when it his 100+ this summerMick,sounds like a plan,the hard part is getting hubs to dig a new hole and resoil, that ground is hard for me to dig too deep,its almost like concrete
                  heres a dead easy way......if its that rock hard..firstly absolutely soak it..then get a hammer and a stake ..no..not steak!!!and knock holes into where you want the hole to bed ..it will come out a lot easier..even louie will be made up playing in da mud!!failing that Ill send Zeuss over he will dig it for fun!!!

Comment

Just a quick whizz in,achieved very little today but have sent a few e-mails,spoke to work counselling line and tried to order my thoughts a bit more about what I want.

They talked about going with the waves of emotion ,and that whatever I decide is the right decision and that a break would be great,as would continuing to work for a good organisation.

Really tired,plan to have a snooze,bubble bath then go out with rollergirl friends for sushi - squeezing in the nice stuff too.
                    one day at a time

Comment

MAE all, And Happy Burns Day, Mick! Why did the haggis cross the road? I've been pondering this question all day. Maybe Stella would know?

Comment

MAE ALL....

Late check in for me. Was going to post when I got to work but we didn't have internet all day!! Boss and I spent the day running around getting Development Permits and purchasing another laptop. Couldn't get the permit, requires more work and the laptop was a hassle, very poor customer service. Frustrating day all around. Time for soup and putting the day out of my mind. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Burns day all.

Sounds like chillin is the go there PPQP!

Some Mr. Burns - Address to a Haggis by Robert Burns

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Those of us in the 'new world' really don't understand the worshipping of rodents you guys, ha ha!!!
                            Enjoy your haggis anyway. What do you stuff them with? I heard it's oatmeal

Well, road conditions are still pretty shitty around here so the schools & colleges are closed again tomorrow. Such a hassle for working parents, I remember.

Have a peaceful night everyone!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Whoa, G, what a great link! Address to a Haggis poem is warm-reekin, rich! And the photo of a mama hagg and her two-day old hagglets is brilliant! Tried to bring the pic over here, but it wouldn't copy for me. Very strange, just like the haggii!

Comment

Working...
                              X