tuesday 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesday 26th

morning all..how are we today then?hope the snow is giving you folks a bit of a break now......we have got the rain here plus the pretty strong gales.....

so snuggle up and get a brew..

Folks...dont think I will be posting so much for the next few days,...still be here but methinks I need a bit of a break......will still be jotting about ..but heres a coupla jokes to keep you going....stay safe and sober....

The Swordfish has few predators to worry about in the wild,

Except the seldom seen Penfish which is said to be even mightier.

I always found the fishmonger at our local market to be pretty unfriendly.

In fact I'd describe him as a little standoffish.

The inventor of the world's first organic coffins made entirely out of vegetables has died

May he rest in peas

I was having an induction at the gym.

"This is a state of the art cycling machine" said the instructor. "It's just like the real thing. Hop on".

10 minutes later he came back. "Mr Smith, you appear to have burnt zero calories. Why aren't you pedalling?".

"I know" I replied. "I was going downhill".

There were some great speakers at the bank robbing seminar I went to last month offering a lot of good advice

I should have taken notes

"...98... 99... 100. Phew! How was that?" asked my wife.

"Very impressive, Sarah," I replied. "However, there is a theory behind why it's known as a three-point turn."

After coming out of my final quantum physics exam today my friends asked me how I found the paper.

They couldn't believe it when I said that it was easy.

It was just sitting on the desk when I got there.

How many Royal Mail postmen does it take to change a light bulb?

178. On double overtime and time off in lieu. And the bulb's at the depot. You were out. Collect it yourself, tomorrow. We're shut. We're off home. Feck off.

I went to a fortune teller last week and he told me a lot of money was coming my way.

I walked out really excited, then I got hit by a Securicor van.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick, weather's supposed to be clearing here after today. Will send some sunshine your way to enjoy while you take a break. Look forward to seeing cabinet pics when you get back. :hug:

Lots on the to-do list for Tuesday, none of it stressful. Greetings to Pauly, PQ, Lav, Sam, Bear, NS, Kuya, Det, and all others who may drop by.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Can definitely relate to a break and appreciate the heads up. :hug:

Pi...going to tackle my to-do-list from yesterday, internet Gods willing! You're sounding great these days. :thumbsup:

Will be interesting to see what today brings. Light at the end of the tunnel shows dinner with friends tonight, looking forward to that. Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all
        Mick, thanks for the brew and letting us know of your sabbatical. I get that feeling as well, and take a day off here and there. I always look in, though. please feel free to PM if anything's up.

Morning Pi, how's everything going? glad your to do's are of the non stress nature.

Hello PQ, not sure I answer your question from the other day, yes the cows to calf are heifers. I had to pull the last one. That was back in Nov when they should have calved!

looking like rain today, haven't looked the forecast yet. got my tractor fixed yesterday SANS pump!! That thing was $1500.00 so I'm glad I didn't need. Off to do a little work, hard to get out in the field and do anything with all this white stuff.

Be well good friends
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick is everything ok? Did someone upset you?let me know if they did and I'll kick their arse! I officially caught Lou and Bradys cold,grrr,went from tummy sick to cough,sore throat,runny nose and I never take meds for these things so I'll just plow through, some acv,Vicks vaporub and these Hall's cough drops I love,they're so hot they break up any congestion, getting through work will be fun,yesterday I had to cough in a towel all day,today's worse! Oh well enough of my bitchin gonna go drink my acv(bleh) much love to all,especially you Mick
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Abbers!

Looking at sunshine for the moment but we are getting warnings of freezing rain to move in around noon ~ swell!

Mick, I liked the 'rest in peas' line
            I hope you are OK & we didn't piss you off or anything. Take care of yourself, please.

Hello to Pauly, Sam, Pie, PQ & everyone.
            I guess I should try to get out for a bit before the next weather assault arrives.
            Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick I certainly understand breaks. Although you will be missed.

Pauly hope your feeling better. I caught a nasty flu....although its not as bad as day 1----day 3 and I'm still down.

Lav that freezing rain is about all we get here most of the time. It is so dangerous. I love it when someone tells me they grew up in New York and have 4 wheel drive----and how does any of that help you on ice??? At least the southerners that grew up here are smart enough to stay off the roads.

Sam---so glad you didn't have to spend that $$.

Det....I was reading back and hope that everything is ok with you.

Pie and PQ...things seem to be well with you.

I've been working a lot....which is probably how I ended up with the flu. I have to be more careful now that I am with the general public. I had to call off Sunday which totally sucked....I hate doing that. Somehow I never cared about calling off at my corporate job with a hangover I knew they were going to be short staffed at the store because of the weather.....but, I could barely make it from the bed to the bathroom. And the stomach pains....I swore I was giving birth. And how did I ever manage all those hundreds of hangovers....I hope to never know again.

Since I've been working and then getting sick---I've been missing my Refuge meetings. So I ended up getting the book "The 30 Sobriety Solution". I'm always interested in anything that is not 12-Step. I think so many people end up continuing to drink when 12-Step just isn't for them. Anyways....I'm really enjoying the book and the exercises. They had also said it was a good reboot if you were already sober. Has a site that goes with it....the site has meditations, message board....I like how it really walks you throught the 30 days by each day. Its still in its baby stages (the site). I also think I was starting to get into a bit of a slump on life.....and its already inspired me to get back into action on things that I am passionate about. And get more disciplined on things I need to do---to keep myself in check. Pretty cheap therapy at $14 for the cost of the book

Hoping to be able to be more productive tomorrow and get out of the house. I barely made it to the drug store and back today.....BUT I had to get toliet paper!
              Last edited by TheSunFlower97; January 27, 2016, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Awwww Mick, hope all is ok with you.

Hi Abbers, another long day for me. More problems with the car on top of the minor ones last week and still have a PC down at work but hopefully both being fixed by eldest son tomorrow then that will be car sorted for a while.

Getting a new batch of 3 P training videos this week so that is exciting, it has been so helpful.

Comment

Working...
                X