Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday twenty-knife

Good morning all
    the sun is out, been a crisp cold evening and a bright morning. Snow is going away from here at a perfect rate.

Went to see my brother yesterday, he is truly is fading away. We barely talked and what came out was all gibberish. Dementia is such shocking disease (if that is what it is). Between the meds and the dementia it is a strange existence. Seeing him makes me realize to appreciate the day, each day.

off to feed the animules. Be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Morning Sam, and thanks for the kick off. Sounds like a very sad situation with your brother. I agree with the value of appreciating what we have. When I'm mindful of what I have, especially sobriety, happiness flows.

Showing a condo at noon, and I may just give that front door a fresh coat of paint, because I can, and it's needed. Let's see if the temps warm adequately.

Happy Friday all!

Comment

Mae everybody, I'm at Kells doctors office waiting while she gets her pain injections, thought I'd just do a quick hello,much love to all,have a happy Friday and hugs((Sam))
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

heya ABerooos!!

I wanted to wait until I got out of my funk and had some AF time behind me before posting.
        things are finally looking up and DX and I have sorted things out thankfully. It's been a really rough
        time but I'm feeling strong again mentally and physically. whew!
        Got a new therapist lined up as my last one kept doing the 'no show' routine which was really unprofessional.

Sam, that's very sad news about your brother. dementia is a big fear of mine. I have trouble watching movies about it.

bracing ourselves for another snow storm this weekend so I should be near the confuser a bit more.

wishing you all a glorious AF weekend

be well
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

You sound good Det let's keep it that way hopefully the new therapist won't be a flake

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good to see you, Det! I agree with what Pauly says.

Comment

MAE ALL....late check in for me. Out early and work was constant all day but did manage to pack it in 2hrs early.

Sam....thanks for starting the thread this morning. Thought maybe Mick had when I read the title. LOL Sorry to hear about your brother, it is a tough one. When my Dad got dementia and started going downhill his brother wouldn't look at any pics we sent to him and his wife. He just found it too hard. Glad to hear it's a slow melt, easier to deal with it.

PI...so did the temps warm adequately enough for that fresh paint on the door? You definitely have the happiness flowing, your posts are sounding so positive.

Pauly...hope your wait wasn't too long and that you had a great Friday.

Det...you know you didn't have to wait and like Pauly said you do sound good. Glad things are good with DX again and what a positive attitude getting a new therapist. You are back on the right track. :hug:

Lav...not like you not to post, hope it's because you're having a blast somewhere!

Mick...shout out if you're poking around. Hope you're having a great break.

Saw a good video for salmon, roast potatoes and asparagus on FB so off to experiment. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PQP

Comment

PPQP,this weekend I'm trying a new recipe Iseen in a magazine,its got chicken,red potatoes,little carrots etc,baked in the oven,the hardest part will be finding/buying stuff like thyme?parsnips?these are foreign to me,if they're too pricey I'm omitting them,its called 'honey mustard glazed chicken bake' I'm embarrassingly excited to make it,hope mine and yours both turn out good

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Couldhave sworn I posted here this morning - oh well.

Thanks for the startup up Sam!
                  Very sorry about your brother, it is sad to watch someone deteriorate right in front of you. Does he otherwise look well cared for & calm? That's about the best you can hope for at this stage. He very well may be more alert next time you visit.

Pie, how did the condo showing go? Success?

Det, that's great news, glad to hear things are looking up for you & DX. I truly hope the new therapist is more helpful.
                  Stay with us now!

Pauly, thyme is in the produce department with the parsley & cilantro. Parsnips are a little more obscure but they are usually near the carrots & other root veggies. Hope you found them & enjoyed your recipe

Mick, how are you buddy?

I have had a full day, got lots done.
                  My grandson dropped off his new cub scout uniform for me to sew on patches & numbers, yay me
                  The snow is melting, sort of, ha ha!

PQ, how did your dinner turn out? I reheated a pot of chicken noodle soup I made a few days ago & made a pizza from scratch - yum.

Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X