Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tuesday the 2nd of FEB/MAR/APR (delete as required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesday the 2nd of FEB/MAR/APR (delete as required)

mornin all how are we today then?all good I hope...well storm henry is doing its best over here to blow everything away,but so far doing not too bad!!so how goes it with you folks?shall we see over a brew then?

hiya kuya ...hows you today then?ok?thats a fair age to have a car...do you get the same probs over there with them rusting up etc?think you are right with the weight thing...I was looking last night and for my height etc I should be 8-11 stone.......at my best when I was younger and pretty fit there was no way in this wureld I was 8 st....I used to box ,run swim blah blah ...and even then I was 11.2!!but I do feel it on my back if I have got extra weight...thats the main reason for losing it..I dont use the gym .I have a treadmill,bike and lots of hills to run /walk up and down...dont need owt else..drink lotsa water too...thats the mistake I made....you have the right idea tho....do it for health mainly not vanity...New series of supervet starts tonight here....

hiya pauly ..I just so luv that phrase...you silly goose!!!!sounds so much better than you feckn numpty!!!! how are you today then?all good I hope...yep weather like that you can defo grow stuff!!thatll stop boredom !hows things with your daughter?

hiya Lav...hows you today then?ok?yes I guess I spoil those 2...but for me thats what its about to give them a better?/different life as opposed to just being in a rescue center......geez Im even spelling that American !! centre!!!!!!brew time madam...so whats today got in store for you?

hiya sam....how are you then today?all good?busy day yesterday?

hiya ppqp...glad to hear things are doing ok....fingers crossed for the eyes getting better.....

bear ...yoo hoo wheres you then?you having a break?

hiya ns...hows you then?read that diet doctor you put up...impressive...tbh cant really say I eat much junk anyway tho,when I do its mainly choice based...holidays etc..my guess with your ns title and all the dietary info you have ..it plays/played a significant part in life for you...either as a professional or on a personal level?it def isnt on a personal weight level for you...you spend too much time zoomin about to allow that!!!!:thumbsup:

hey det ...great to hear from you my friend......you take it easy on the way home...thats great with the meditations etc ...can I ask you ...have you got a box of what ifs to dive into if it looks like its going a bit pear shaped...you do absolutely brilll ...then for some reason it hits you and you fall off the cliff face...now have you got some kind of lifeline strategy that will stop you hittin the bottom?

wow pie ..just like buses ..nothing ..then all at once!!how are you then?doing good I hope....shelf in bathroom should be finished today.....and the next project is..........

right peeps ..its goodly bye from moi...have a good one

My mate Alfred Weeders has bought himself a chicken as a pet

He says it's a good buy, but I say it's Alf Weeder's hen

I thought I had a bargain with the food I got from the pound shop, then I went down the street to the 99p shop and realised I'd been totally ripped off!

"What are you looking at?" asked my wife when I was on my laptop.

"Cheap flights" I replied

"You'r.e so cute! " she said

Anyway she started getting a bit fresh and the next thing I know we made passionate love on the floor. I thought to myself it was all a bit strange as she doesn't usually like darts!

As I woke up it dawned on me.

There's no way I'd recommend buying one of these new driverless cars when they become mainstream.

You'll only come out of the supermarket one time to find it'll have stolen itself.

After just 2 days on the raw food diet I've lost over a stone!

It's kind of put me off sausages for a while though

Religious groups can now text or Whatsapp their Gods using mobile phones.

Only available on pray as you go.

I saw some idiot at the gym put a bottle of water in the hole on the machine where the Pringles go.

In which state does the Mississippi river flow?

Liquid.

What's the difference between USB and USA?

One connects to all your devices and accesses your data. The other is a hardware standard.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!

The famous Pennsylvania rodent Punxsutawney Phil has just predicted an early Spring, :yay:
    I hope the little stinker is actually right this year!

Drinking coffee here & making my game plan for the day Mick.
    I need to get some work done & shipped out, need to get some meals cooked & I need my Curves fix.
    I have plenty to do to keep me out of trouble. The snow is melting fast now & I am thrilled.

Hello to everyone & wishing for a great day for all.
    I will check in latre (is that spelled correctly Mick?)

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

good morning all
      sunny out and MUDDY! thanks for the start up, Mick. Yep, got instantly busy yesterday. I usually try and take the quiet of the morning but seemed like yesterday the quiet unravelled quickly. Showed my wife your pallet cabinet, she loved it, I'll take 2.

Beginning training for Soil & water this week and trying to get back into the field surveying a property today but I may not be able to.... mud. Here's hoping between the two, I can make a little moola!

well off to it.
      be well good friends
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
        HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!

The famous Pennsylvania rodent Punxsutawney Phil has just predicted an early Spring, :yay:
        I hope the little stinker is actually right this year!

Drinking coffee here & making my game plan for the day Mick.
        I need to get some work done & shipped out, need to get some meals cooked & I need my Curves fix.
        I have plenty to do to keep me out of trouble. The snow is melting fast now & I am thrilled.

Hello to everyone & wishing for a great day for all.
        I will check in latre (is that spelled correctly Mick?)

Lav
        yes thats defnitly spelt rite
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I about died laughing at the joke about the water bottle being in the Pringles can slot haha hope work is busyish today,I hate sitting then I start thinking of bills and get anxious, taxes are a mess for both hubs and I this year,miss having small kids as credits hope everyone has a great Tuesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I've to decided to believe in Punxsutawney Phil this year, Lav, because for once I agree with him. We've not had much of a winter here and now it's too late to get excited about snow - even though it is very beautiful for awhile.

Sam, I love a little quiet in the morning, too. In fact, I used to not let my kids get up until 7 so I could be alone from 6 to 7 each day. Even now if I have to be somewhere early or I know someone in my house is going to be getting up early, I'll get up even earlier just to be sure I get that time to myself to have some coffee, stretch, listen to a talk, and generally set up my day.

Great jokes today, Mick. Thank you! You are right that my education and job are in nutrition but they are the sort funded by big industry and government. I've spent the last almost 10 years trying to unlearn my formal education (like... red wind is 'heart healthy' ). The way I eat works for me for overall well-being with easy maintenance of body weight, no food or alcohol cravings, and stable mood and energy level. Plus, I love the food I eat and don't miss what I avoid, including wine.

Hope you have a full, rewarding day, Pauly and Abbers to come!

NS

Comment

Sofa it is for me - woke at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep for ages.
              I've taken the day off,I can't be arsed to do anything,can't decide if I should make myself do lot of house reorganisation - but that feels like pushing myself.I've got a load of washing on and I may swipe worktops and the floor downstairs.

I feel sad and a bit conflicted about what the best thing to do will be for me,apply for my job,or take the redundancy,but it is a nice organisation to work for,I like the line of work.Keep trying to separate out if I didn't like my colleagues so much,if I didn't I may be more inclined to go up against them for the job.Then again how will i feel in a year if I haven't done that and am in a job I don't like.
              I think basically I'm not in a nice situation,and no decision is going to be perfect.
              It's not the end of the world I know,and I would get some redundancy,I am scared and worried about what I may look back and potentially regret.
              I'm kind of beating myself up for taking a day out,even though boss has been supportive and said openly to do this. I know what I'm feeling is normal,and it's also ten days before my period - explaining my crazy chocolate and sugar frenzy Sunday!

I can also see why the booze thoughts are back,it's how I've always dealt with big stuff - and this is big stuff - so even though I know it won't do any good I almost feel back at the beginning in my sobriety.Need to focus on today,my commitment to booze free life feels like it has vanished for a bit and am worrying excessively about upcoming booze related social events - even though I KNOW I can do this sober,and go out and enjoy myself more sober.I don't want to cancel them as that would be isolating myself and avoiding stuff and making my world smaller.The ' maybe I can just have a few' BS voice is back - least I'm not wrestling with it and getting exhausted.I wish it would just go away - but I guess that's what having a drink problem means...
              one day at a time

Comment

bear ..no matter what you do..you will always have a whats if in the back of your head...where would I have been if I stayed..or where would I be if I had gone...its a big leap..possibly into the unknown..mebbes you need to write a plus and minus list?as far as the booze thoughts go....thats where they should stay..as passing thoughts...is it worth giving all that you have done up for what?if it was going to solve your problem that may be a different issue...but it wont it will just prolong,exacerbate,and completely screw up your thinking total...is it worth it ??????you can do it without booze x

Comment

thanks Mick,done plus and minuses - and worked out budget!

pluses - time off,time to recharge,will get few 1000s and with savings easily enough for a year,only break I'll have had for 21 years.could look at retraining/officer role with no management responsibility.

minuses - i like line of work,company,colleagues...
                  one day at a time

Comment

MAE ALL...

Could have sworn I checked in this morning. Apparently not. LOL Not as hectic at work today but still a busy one. We are getting the roof replaced at the community centre and watching people trying to find a place to park was hilarious. Home and need to unwind and figure out dinner. Will post properly in the morning. Hope you all have a peaceful evening.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hidy ho ABerooooos!

Greetings from a hotel in San Ramon CA. I hope the drunken party next door passes out soon

Mick, yes i've got a list of tools i now keep on my phone. if i'm at a restaurant and start feeling squirrly i paw through it. More handy tools is key for me.

Bear, i feel for you as I'm pondering the same questions. I have a number of cottage-industry ideas but I'd be homeless in short order if I quit my job without getting them rolling first. i'ts a crossroads for me indeed.

Mashed Potatoes you out there? (looking for a buddy to pop in and join the AB train).

Lav, thank you for the hedgehog weather report. I'm thumbs up for an early spring. This morning i had to shovel my way out of the house and to the garage. The deadbolt on the garage was frozen and i couldn't open it even after banging on it. ack!

very grateful for another AF day and i'll catch you rascals in the morn

be well
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X