friday da 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday da 5th

mae all...and yes its finally here ...unless you live in upside down land and its nearly over..its the one and only friday feeling..just seems like a week since it was last here but there you go ..the weekend starts now...Im out at a leaving do tonight ,so it will be good to catch up on some of the gossip from the pokey..strangley enough its raining here..Im gonna get wellies for the rabbits!!up and on deer watch now!!

brew time tho...

hiya Sam ....glad all is good and that you are jugglin jobs...seems a pity to rip that old house down....but thats progress for you ...yeah right!!hows the moosik side of life going?

hiya bear hows you ?all ok?

hiya pie ...tempus fugit........life is like a toilet roll...the nearer the end you get the quicker it seems to go!!!hows the canine clan doing?

good morning ns ..hows life with you today then?all good?

hey det ...you out and about or home at the moment?

hiya kuya..how are you doing then?any news on the car situ ?or is it off to the big scrappy in the sky?

hey ppqp...mia..hows you today then?all good ...too busy watching people park up?

mornin Lav,how are you then?sounds like youve got some real fun with the mud there..get the grandkids round ..they will love playing in it!! meanwhile heres a brew to go with Curious george.....whatever happened to Wile e coyote, dick dastardly ,muttley and all the real cartoons..instead of all this kid stuff??

hiya pauly ..how are you?hope all is well.as for the co-worker..down to her ..please herself your life aint dependant on her ,but it could just be that she is on a downer ..so just in case....this is for you :happy2: have a good one...

right folks ..have a super smashing weekend .....

On a recent trip to China, I bought some incredibly rare dragon scales and brought them home for my wife.

"Ooh, they're beautiful!" she cooed in wonder. "What are they?"

"They're dragon scales," I replied. "They're very rare."

"What are they for?" she asked, staring at them with interest.

"Weighing dragons," I answered.

At least there will be one benefit from rising sea levels.

Fewer whale strandings.

I went to the cinema to see Will Smith's new film, Concussion.

I recommend it.

Immediately before you see it.

I decided to visit a prostitute last night. For fifty pounds she said she would wear sexy lingerie and give me the treatment or for one hundred pounds i could get the "full wife experience"
    I went for the latter.
    She nipped into the bedroom and came out two minutes later with a dressing gown covered in dog hairs on and a fag in her mouth then sat on the settee eating crisps and moaned at me until i fixed the shelf in the corner.

Officer Paddy stops two priests on a motorcycle.

Paddy: "No helmets? What if you have an accident?"

Priests: "Don't worry, my son. God is with us."

Paddy: "In that case, I have to book you. Three people are not allowed on a motorcycle."

We used to have 4 different remote controls.

Then we got a Universal Remote.

Now we have 5 different remote controls.

I work as a postman.

The pay isn't great, but anything addressed to 'Cash 4 Gold' is a good bonus.

My mate's opened up a new chain of coffee shops in Russia.

It's called Tsarbucks.

I did some DIY with my step-ladder the other night.

I never really got along with my real ladder.
    Last edited by Mick; February 5, 2016, 11:18 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

MAE Abbers,

Internet still playing up, one minute I have phone, then no phone, then Internet, then no internet.

Anyway I am having a fun week.( I really mean that btw) I have no idea why it feels fun but it does..... I keep feeling like great stuff is about to happen every day.

My middle son lost his job today through no fault of his ..... He has held it for nearly a year which is a big thing for him. He is trying to be the victim over it but I reckon we can 'love' him out of it.

Pauly racism is not about what colour YOU are or what colour your work mate is.

If YOU think, deep down inside, that the colour/nationality of a person makes them superior or inferior to you as a human being .... That is racist.

You may be black, white, Italian, British ....whatever.

What you were saying about your friend at work does not constitute racism. You didn't share enough for it to be discussed on that level.

What you shared was two workmates disagreeing about whether an actor is being childish and having a tantrum. You or she MAY have said racist statements but your story was empty nonsense.

Whether you are white or not is irrelevant. I have met MANY racist, nonwhite people....stupidity is not restricted to white or non white skin.

I will look see what suggestions there are from other threads you post on. This is such a complex issue Pauly, we really should gather input from many sources.
    Last edited by kuya; February 5, 2016, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
      good to see you Glassy,as far as that thread goes just ignore it,they both love controversy in different ways and I'm over it,have been for some time,I used to love the gratitude thread but I refuse to post there anymore cuz I don't care for the behavior of its originator around the boards
      I did not respond to this when I saw it over a week ago Pauly,........you were responding to my meltdown on the issue of racism I felt was expressed in the thread created by Ne in the meds section.

I concluded by referring to the USA as an extremely racist country.

I responded to what I read..

Exactly why you would reignite this issue here, on my home thread, I will leave to the intelligent conclusion of it's members.
      Last edited by kuya; February 5, 2016, 06:30 AM.

Comment

morning all
        thanks for the brew Mick. Muzac's been on the back burner a bit. Did play some Wednesday. Trying to give my writs and other arm aches a bit of a rest. Lesson coming up this Wednesday. Wabbit Wellies , we need pics!!!

Kuya, well put on the racists aspect. Still going to holly in Jolly 'Ol England?

leaving early this am to get new tires on my truck. got to have them but I always feel it is one of those expensive evil necessities.

be well good friends.
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Kuya I don't understand your post? My coworker is married to a black man and I think that she was offended by what I said about the Oscars,I have no idea if that actor was excluded from being nominated cuz of race or if he just wasn't worthy but neither does he,I don't see color,maybe at first when I meet someone of course but I see people as people,as for my post on the steppers thread,that guy loves attention and you seem to like to stir things up I remember last time a thread on a posters belief in god and you kept on with her,I don't know why you couldn't just let her have her beliefs and be done with it? I don't know if people around the world hate the USA but I'm glad I live here,anyways enough on that,Ihope eeveryone has a great Friday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Friday to all

Waiting for the sun to arrive after this light snow moves out. Who the hell ordered more snow anyway?? I am sure it wasn't me, ha ha!!!

Mick, 'life is like a roll of toilet paper.....'
            I will have to remember that one, LOL
            It really is a true statement & scares me just a little
            I hope your rain lets up soon because I know rabbits don't swim well (neither do chickens). Enjoy your gathering later.

Sam, truck tires are kind of important, yes they are! Do you belong to Costco or Sam's Club? My son has been getting his car tires at Costco lately & claims they have great prices - just a thought!

kuya, the US is full of hateful people & it can be discouraging. The crazy state of our politics has really brought out the whackos over the past year too.
            I prefer to remain positive & grateful & treat everyone with respect, regardless.

Hello to everyone dropping by today. I will check in later.
            Have a fabulous AF day all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cross post Pauly!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                mae all...and yes its finally here ...unless you live in upside down load and its nearly over..its the one and only friday feeling..just seems like a week since it was last here but there you go ..the weekend starts now...Im out at a leaving do tonight ,so it will be good to catch up on some of the gossip from the pokey...
                OK, I've read this 6 times and here is my stab at the translation, Mick, please correct me if I'm wrong! "I will be attending a Retirement Dinner for a former coworker of mine at the prison and looking forward to catching up on what has been going on." How'd I DO?????? xoxoxoxo, a southerner translating a Scot's slang!!!! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                  OK, I've read this 6 times and here is my stab at the translation, Mick, please correct me if I'm wrong! "I will be attending a Retirement Dinner for a former coworker of mine at the prison and looking forward to catching up on what has been going on." How'd I DO?????? xoxoxoxo, a southerner translating a Scot's slang!!!! B
                  Bang on the money .....kerching .....give the lady a coconut!!!!!!!!!..yes like you I had a hair appt at 11.30 this morn...unlike you I wiz done ...and dusted..literally by 11.34!
                  Last edited by Mick; February 5, 2016, 11:27 AM.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                    Mae everybody,Kuya I don't understand your post.

you seem to like to stir things up

I remember last time a thread on a posters belief in god and you kept on with her,I don't know why you couldn't just let her have her beliefs and be done with it?
                    Bringing up racism ONLY on this thread is YOU stirring things up Pauly.....and I am sure every one can see that.

I would not have brought this discussion to steppers, even though your comment was mildly irritating.

You don't like my views on religion/race/ the US....fine.

But don't act all innocent about your motives please.

Originally posted by Lavande View Post

kuya, the US is full of hateful people & it can be discouraging. The crazy state of our politics has really brought out the whackos over the past year too.
                    I prefer to remain positive & grateful & treat everyone with respect, regardless.

Lav
                    My comments were about a particular article and how it reflected how institutionalised the problem is in the US.

This was not about individuals. Racism exists in every country sadly, often as a result of religion.....which is why I have issues with both I expect.

I have no desire to extend this discussion on this forum and particularly on this thread.

Nuff said already.
                    Last edited by kuya; February 5, 2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Kuya ,it was only brought up on this thread cuz Mick asked the other day how I was getting along with a couple of girls I don't really get on with, I was just updating the situation, that's all I have to say about this anymore too

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....
                        Sorry for being MIA yesterday. Busy day with lots of computer work, just wanted to come home and veg.
                        Checking in to stay accountable, waiting for a client to come view one of the halls.
                        Good job on the translation Birdie and shout out to everyone else.
                        Working tomorrow getting workstations ready for phase II.
                        Will pop in tomorrow morning if I'm up early enough.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Pauly.....empty your mailbox!

Comment

PPQP,I think I did? I didn't realize it stored sent messages too,had a great day then got hit with a wave of the blues wonder why,dang hormones probably, I went to a therapy session up at the reservation and seen a flyer that they were selling Indian tacos,which is basically a taco made out of frybread so I came home and grabbed Kell and Louie,it was a fun day til just a bit ago,grrr

Comment

Pauly, get me the recipe for those tacos....I'll veganize them for myself, ha ha!!!!
                              Keep your head in the positive zone, no matter what's going on OK? :hug:

PQ, working on Saturday & Sundays is something I did for 30 years. It's never fun. Hope your day is a good one!

Peace to all tonight!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X