wednesday 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wednesday 17th

mornin good people ..how are we all?goodly I hope ...big hi to ppqp and pauly..nice to "see "you both.....this is going to be a shock I know,but its raining here today,spring is defo on the way ...the rain is getting warmer..tis brew time so on we go...

hiya det hows you then?all good ?8pm ...forget the company ?...hmmm try 8 am!! I dont read scifi...but I guess it has got its good points ...pre 60s..scifi was going into space ,on the moon etc and now its actually history..its when it all starts gettin wrapped up in 1 legged 3 eyed monsters etc that does my nut....as for the potof gold ..I aint even got a pot!!..have a great day my friend..

ppqp...hey and welcome back in to conversation land ..glad all is ok with you ...so they are fixing internet etc ..not moving sometimes helps well done you ..Yep greenhouse ordered yesterday ..so now got to take old one down ,relay and extend base blah blah.....and its raining!!Ive already got plans in my head how the inside is going to be...so it will probably turn out nowt like it!!!you have a good day

hiya pauly ..hows you today ?all good I hope so hows fingz been since youve been orf the fred?hows work ..and plants done anything with them yet? you look after yourself you dont need them allergy things!!!!

well Sam ...did the sun make an appearance?should have cos it certai nly isnt here ...our Amy was mad on Harry Potter ...both her and Julie have read all the books ..and seen on the films...they took me once but I started snoring so strangely enough never again... The American Civil war has always interested me,both that and the Romans..dont know why really as in all wars (well generally) its just men on both sides being used as pawns in the aspirations of politicians ..and greed....did your mushroom blocks get there ok?

hiya Lav...hows you then?did the roads thaw out enough to get your grand daughter back...or is the writing on the wall for another day????ha ha...the banana flavoured minions taste luvverly ..def the best flavour yet..apart from this brew....mouth is a bit sore today ..not painful ..just sore..take it easy on them thar roads...

hi 3.142(recurring) hows you today then with your shiny new avatar?hopefully all is well with you...whats the k9 care ..you got more dogs coming in?you any projects on the go?Ive got 2 or 3 ,but the greenhouse is top..unless I can squeeze one in.......the list stands at...

take old greenhouse down and extend base with either concrete or flags
    reduce side bed length by 18"to extend base..that will still give me room for potato barrels etc behind greenhouse
    order and lay golden chippings in back garden where it "ponds "up
    reseal windows at the back of the house...(sun..ha ha has dried the sealant)
    bathroom ..on the wall where that cabinet is that I made..slate tile that wall
    make and fit new bath panels
    toilet ..chip off old tiles ,replaster and re box in pipework

and in my spare time......fancy coming over give us a lift?

hiya ky and ns how r u...this is great its like a code!!!serious tho ..hope you are ok....

right peeps time to go...I saw this article on sugar in coffee ...apologies for it being in the daily mail ..but its pretty interesting....

Action on Sugar compared Starbucks, Coca Cola, Costa and Caffè Nero | Daily Mail Online

have a great day

A cowboy was taken prisoner by a bunch of angry Indians. They were all prepared to kill him but their Chief declared that since they were celebrating the Great Spirit, they would grant the cowboy three wishes before he killing him. The cowboy can do nothing, but obey them.

The Chief comes up to him and asks:
    - What do you want for your first wish?
    - I want talk to my horse, - replies the cowboy.

The Chief allows him to talk to the horse. The cowboy whispers in its ear. The horse neighs, rears back, and takes off at full speed. About an hour later, the horse comes back with a naked lady on its back. Well, the Indians are very impressed, so they let the cowboy use one of their teepees. A little while later, the cowboy stumbles out of the teepee, tucking in his shirt.

The Chief asks him once again:
    - What do you want for your second wish?
    - I want to talk to my horse, - once again replies the cowboy.

Again, the cowboy whispers in the horse’s ear. The horse neighs, rears back, and takes off at full speed. About an hour later, the horse comes back with another naked lady on its back. Well, the Indians are very impressed indeed. So, once again, they let the cowboy use one of their teepees. The cowboy stumbles out a little while later.

The chief comes up to the cowboy and asks:
    - So, what do you want for your last third wish?
    - I want to talk to my horse, - for the third time replies the cowboy.

He grabs the horse by the ears and yells @ it:
    - You stupid animal, I said POSSE,!!!!!!

Question: Who can defeat a spiderman?
    Answer: A slipperman.

Broken pencils are pointless.

It's very difficult to be dumb these days. The competition is simply too big

A lady tells to the nurse at the maternity hospital:
    - I think I will call my little newborn Anna.
    Doctor:
    - Sorry, that name is already taken, but you can name her Anna532 or Anna_153.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick and All. Yep, been playing around with avatars, which tells you I've got some time on my hands. Up early this morning to the sound of dog barfing, a mighty effective alarm signal. You've surely had your share of rain lately, guess you'll be tackling an indoor project today? I'm interested to see your wood panels in the bathroom. Putting a fresh coat of paint on the patio furniture is a project that makes sense for me right now. We'll see.

Comment

quick pop in this morning.

Mick, enjoyed the cowboy and Indian joke. Shroom blocks got there ok, we met the guy at the state road and unloaded reloaded there. Books are much better than the movies.

Morning Pi, warm enough to paint, eh? have fun!

Lav, yep, I knew that's where the shrooms came from. Snow's all but gone here. Icy this AM

later all
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. And I thought I had a long list of to do's! Keep dry today.
        Pi...I think I'll pass on your effective alarm system. Hope it's nothing serious and over quickly.
        Sam...must of missed a bit. Looks like you're venturing into the mushroom growing business. Good luck with that.
        Det...8pm is when I packed it in and started reading.

Been up for hours as it was an early night for me. At least I don't have to deal with the internet this morning. Except with the new setup I'll be able to request more bandwidth. Doc has called me in today to go over my latest pulmonary test. I believe it will be positive as the 2nd test went much better than the first. Hope everyone's Hump Day is a productive and happy one......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,you do sound better I loooved the cowboy joke haha,no plants but I'm transffering aloe vera plants that have gone overgrown in their pots,must say it feels good to post here,I felt sort of"lost" without my daily thread,I do have other threads that I love and follow but this is part of my sobriety plan,so its best not to screw around with routine coworkers still suck! There's one of the cherubs who as much as I try I just can't overlook her annoyingness,now she's developed an arrogant attitude about taking walk-ins,she'd rather do 2 colors throughout the day and screw around on her phone (at the front desk btw while people are waiting!)just makes more work for us,I did 23 haircuts in 5 hours yesterday, I was zonked,then come home and watch a 2 year old and try to be a fun Nanny,be a good wife,mother,clean house,cook dinner,grrrr,are you sorry you asked yet? Hahahaha! Plus now Kell has Friday off so I don't get my "personal" day just to slob,read,do nothing, but its ok cuz keeping busy is obviously keeping me out of trouble sorry for the ramble,just venting,much love to all and remember you'll only get this day once,make it special (sounds lame haha)
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all! Hoping everybody has a good one!

Click it! SMGmC0r.gif Click it!
            The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
            Friedrich Nietzsch

Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
            Benjamin Franklin

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy hump day!

No sun here but starting to warm up a bit so that's nice. The roads were cleared yesterday by a big rain but there's still plenty sitting on the grass. It should disappear pretty quickly now. I hope that's it as for as snowstorms this winter. Getting sick of looking at the stuff!

Mick, yes I did hand my granddaughter back to her mother yesterday afternoon. We had a nice visit, tiring but nice.
              Your 'to do' list sounds pretty intense, good luck

Aw Pie, I know that feeling of waking to the sound of a dog barfing. Not my favorite way to wake up
              I hope your day improves!!!

Sam, glad you got your mushroom delivery OK!!
              I have a 3 pound box sitting in my fridge waiting to be turned into a pot of dairy-free soup, yum!! I hope the ice melts quickly for you.

Hello to Det, Pauly, PQ, NS & anyone dropping by today.
              I'm heading to Curves now, haven't been there since last Friday.
              Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks for the link, Mick. Is the Daily Mail not a great newspaper? At least this story has some relevant information.

All the talk about mushrooms here made me notice this recipe in the NYT today: Mushroom-Spinach Soup With Middle Eastern Spices Recipe - NYT Cooking
                I think I'll give it a try this week.

Have a great day, Abbers!

Comment

That soup looks great, NS! Easy recipe, except for the blender part, which I'll likely skip. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I totally believe that article, on the rare occasion that I buy a Starbucks or any other coffee joint I always have black coffee to "cut it" one day I treated myself to one around the holidays,ugh,undrinkable sugar sludge! Waste of 6 bucks too
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE Abbers,

Still, yes STILL, got phone and Internet issues..... So quick check in guys.

Mum back in nursing home....not going to panic over it if she goes downhill again. This can happen periodically for years and I am not going to jump every time.

Be good ...laters

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                        All the talk about mushrooms here made me notice this recipe in the NYT today: Mushroom-Spinach Soup With Middle Eastern Spices Recipe - NYT Cooking
                        I think I'll give it a try this week.
                        DO give it a try, NS! Made it tonight, and love it. These spices are unusual for me, thyme, coriander, allspice, etc., but what a wonderful and fragrant combination. I used the butter option, over oil to cook the mushrooms which also added to the flavor. The only thing I can think of that might make this soup more enjoyable, is cold weather! Thanks a bunch for posting the link.
                        soup.jpg

PQ & Lav, none of my dogs are sick. Apparently the wake up call was just a ploy to get me to serve their breakfast earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                          PQ & Lav, none of my dogs are sick. Apparently the wake up call was just a ploy to get me to serve their breakfast earlier
                          Haha...good to hear Pi, was thinking of you.

Comment

Thanks for trying it first, Pie! Those are some of my favorite spices. I'll be sure to add the butter and chilly weather :wink:!

Comment

Pie, I use a stick blender for soups & other hot stuff I don't want to pour into a blender

That soup recipe looks good, thanks NS. I will be making it too!

I ended up making vegan mushroom stroganoff with my mushrooms today - very good!
                              Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe | One Ingredient Chef

So the dogs were FAKE barfing Pie? LOL
                              I wouldn't be too happy with that behavior either!!!

PQ, I hope your doc appointment goes well. Is your eye doing OK?

kuya, sorry about the ongoing internet problems - very annoying.
                              Good that your Mom has stabilized for the time being. Save your energy for yourself, OK?

Wishing everyone a peaceful night. I will check in from my granddaughter's tomorrow.

Lav

PS: Pauly, I can always use a trim
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X