sun 21..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sun 21..

morn all ...how are we today then?all good ..well over here its lovely and sunny ...skies are clear,birds singing,children playing merrily out in the gentle breeze...............CUT!!!!!!..its blowin a hooley ,hissing it down and the only mug out is me!! anyways brew time it is....going out in a minute ,so will be as brief as I can....

hiya Pauly...hope all is good with yuo today....that was quite some impressive post you put up yesterday...thank you for sharing......

hiya Sam...did you get he scales verified? you are the 2nd person thats mentioned its like spring to me ...my mate did earlier...month out exactly....you up to much today ...seein its sunday?

hiya ky...hows things with you today then?your avatar and job just warrant this!!!!well put to pauly ...victorious survivors

hiya ppqp...hope you are feeling better today.....your health is far more important than any of that...ye at times it wont feel like that ..but it is...

hi NS...how are you? where are you at the mo ?home?

hiya det..wow ...thats put a bomb up their butt!!any irons in the fire jobwise or is it too early..?main thing is you sound a whole lot better for it...

hiya lav ...and hows things with you then?all good in Lavland is it?weekend brew ...here you go....doing anything today?

hiya pie...hows you today?feeling any better /positive /cheerier /happier?....(pick at least one of them!!)Ive got 5 flagstones to lay and hardcore to put down but the weather has kind of done me this weekend.....trouble is..not feeling great I just mope about like a big kid ..so madam says!!
    hope you are ok..

right folks short and sweet....so is this post by the way......

A fleeing Taliban fighter desperate for water was trudging through the Afghan desert when he saw something far off in the distance. Hoping to find water he hurried towards it only to find a little old Jewish man at a small stand selling ties.
    The Taliban asked, “Do you have water?”
    The Jewish man replied, “I have no water. Would you like to buy a tie? They are only $5.”
    The Taliban shouted, “Infidel! I do not need an over-priced tie! I need water! I should kill you, but I must find water first!”
    “OK, OK” said the old Jewish man, “It does not matter that you do not want to buy a tie and that you hate me. I will show you that I am bigger than that. If you continue over that hill to the east for about two miles, you will find a lovely restaurant. It has all the ice cold water you need. Shalom.” Muttering, the Taliban fighter staggered away over the hill. Several hours later he staggered back, almost dead… “Your fcking brother won’t let me in without a tie!”

Q: What do you get when you play country music backwards?
    A: You get back your wife, your dog and your truck.

Two brunettes and a blonde are attempting to fix a roof. While they are on the roof, a herd of cattle run by and knock down the ladder and leave a big pile of poop behind.
    The two brunettes decide to make the blonde check how deep the poop is so they can jump down. So the blonde jumps down and yells, "It's only ankle deep."
    So the two brunettes jump down and scream, "What are you talking about?! It's up to our heads!"
    And the blonde replies, "Well, I jumped in head first."

What's the last thing a redneck says before he dies?

Hey! Watch this...

My mother always told me, 'Boy, if somebody asks you a stupid question, you give them a stupid answer.' The cops walked up to my car, 'Would you like to step out of the car?' I said, 'Hell no, it's hot! I got the air conditioner on. How about you hop your ass in here with me?'

Three guys are convicted of a very serious crime, and they're all sentenced to twenty years in solitary confinement.
    They're each allowed one thing to bring into the cell with them. The first guy asks for a big stack of books. The second guy asks for his wife. And the third guy asks for two hundred cartons of cigarettes.
    At the end of the twenty years, they open up the first guy's cell. He comes out and says, "I studied so hard. I'm so bright now, I could be a lawyer. It was terrific."
    They open up the second guy's door. He comes out with his wife, and they've got five new kids. He says. "It was the greatest thing of my life. My wife and I have never been so close. I have a beautiful new family. I love it."
    They open up the third guy's door, and he's slapping at his pockets, going "Anybody got a match?"

There was a guy on the beach with about 25 gorgeous chicks swarming all around him.
    Seeing this, a second guy strolls on up to him and asks, "What's your secret?"
    The guy whispers, "All you gotta do is stick a pickle in your pants."
    In a fluorish, the second guy runs off and stuffs a pickle in his pants. But when he returns to the shore, he soon discovers that every single girl that looks his way, runs off screaming in bloody terror. Confused, he hurries over to the first guyand desperately asks, "Why are all the girls running away from me?" The first guy looks up and replies, "The pickle's on the wrong side."

A hound dog lays in the yard and an old man in overalls sits on the porch.

"Excuse me, sir, but does your dog bite?" a jogger asks.

The old man looks over his newspaper and replies, "Nope."

As soon as the jogger enters the yard, the dog begins snarling and growling, and then attacks the jogger's legs. As the jogger flails around in the yard, he yells, "I thought you said your dog didn't bite!"

The old man mutters, "Ain't my dog."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Sunday morning Abbers!

Not so sunny here but the air is mild & that's OK with me.
    Thanks for the startup Mick. I hope you have a wonderful & productive treasure hunt today

Pauly, it's so hard ridding ourselves of childhood abuse memories. We deserve warm & happy memories just like everyone else. I am certain that there is a special place in hell for child abusers.

Sam, just heard we're in for 5 days of rain & a month of mud I suppose!!!

kuya, Pie, PQ & Det, thinking of you & hope you are all OK today :hug:

Hi there NS & anyone else dropping by today.
    Not totally sure yet what I am doing today but I will figure it out.
    Guess I'll start with another cup of coffee & feeding these dogs so they stop staring at me, haha!

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

OMG, Mick! The country music backwards joke has me howling! I think in addition to getting wife, dog, and truck back, you also get out of jail! Is it the ongoing mouth pain that has you mopey?

Morning, Lav. Five days of rain and a month of mud? Trying to find the silver lining in that forecast.

PQ, how're things looking this morning? Would a printing press to make your own money help? I'll split one with you, as long as it prints both Canadian and US dollars.

I've put pen to paper to create a plan for Dad. Will present to him and brother later. May be a Marmite type proposition. Thanks for the vocab lesson, Kuya.

Greetings to all yet to stop by.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Thanks for the support and PM's. Managed to get a good sleep and am feeling better this morning. What a thread yesterday, so glad to have you all in my life....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,I liked the pickle joke haha PQ,I would have pm'd you but for some reason they're not going through, glad you're feeling better, hubs is acting so weird,accusing me of cheating,wants to quit his job,doesn't want to file taxes cuz he owes,wtf?? Think he's losing it,so last night was an anxiety ridden piece of junk for me,in the past I'd have driven to the gas station andbought tons o beers but iI figured I won't destroy myself just cuz he's being an ass nugget!! Just hope today's peaceful, I just don't understand why people can't be happy with what they have?the grass is usually never greener on the other side,trust me I've seen it,its ok to dream but dreams destroy reality sometimes Det,I'm soooo happy you are getting rid of that damn job,you'll find something, much love to all,have a sweet Sunday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
            Mae everybody,Mick,I liked the pickle joke haha PQ,I would have pm'd you but for some reason they're not going through, glad you're feeling better, hubs is acting so weird,accusing me of cheating,wants to quit his job,doesn't want to file taxes cuz he owes,wtf?? Think he's losing it,so last night was an anxiety ridden piece of junk for me,in the past I'd have driven to the gas station andbought tons o beers but iI figured I won't destroy myself just cuz he's being an ass nugget!! Just hope today's peaceful, I just don't understand why people can't be happy with what they have?the grass is usually never greener on the other side,trust me I've seen it,its ok to dream but dreams destroy reality sometimes Det,I'm soooo happy you are getting rid of that damn job,you'll find something, much love to all,have a sweet Sunday
            pauly keep your smile goin ...and yep no matter what....beer aint the answer..you are doing fantastic
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
              OMG, Mick! The country music backwards joke has me howling! I think in addition to getting wife, dog, and truck back, you also get out of jail! Is it the ongoing mouth pain that has you mopey?

Morning, Lav. Five days of rain and a month of mud? Trying to find the silver lining in that forecast.

PQ, how're things looking this morning? Would a printing press to make your own money help? I'll split one with you, as long as it prints both Canadian and US dollars.

I've put pen to paper to create a plan for Dad. Will present to him and brother later. May be a Marmite type proposition. Thanks for the vocab lesson, Kuya.

Greetings to all yet to stop by.
              hiya pie...yep mouth is killin me..but reckon Im makin a drama out of a crisis!!glad you are feeling better..what do you mean no silver lining in the weather for lav?
              no sunburn,
              no need to water the garden
              house wont get covered in dust
              cant clean the windows
              cant go out much ..ergo saving money,
              mud ?instant playpark for grandkids and dogs
              can get all those just jobs done

just been out and bought animal chocolate drops and berries for my rabbits because they cant get out!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the continued pain, Mick. I don't know what might relieve it for you. I've been given Hydrocodone before, but it did nothing to help the dental pain, and made me nauseous to boot. There's a product called Orajel that contains benzocaine and is applied to the gums. Maybe your pharmacist could suggest something?

Comment

Hey Pauly, how's hubs doing this evening? Any better?

Comment

He's a bit better Pie,still weird but better,thanks for asking
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Sunday ABsteronimoes!

Mick, thanks for boot up. Dental pain is the pits, feeling for you.

no specific job lined up yet but a good many leads. After I get things wrapped up Dx and I are going camping for a few days in the high mountains and just stare at a campfire.

Pauly, great job jot following the stress to an AL attack.

well, better do some laundry. taking off tomorrow for what is hopefully my last trip to the bay for this job. yay!

be well everyone
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey guys....MAE to all.

Today has been frustrating and tonight I must try and tackle the nursing home, the solicitor, the coroner and the funeral homes. (Thanks for the link Mick)

The time difference is exhausting....10pm here is start of business in the UK. Going for a short nap before tackling that.

Pauly one thing I have learned with 3Ps is that there is no value revisiting old memories. I used to strongly advise counselling etc but now I really believe that the past is dead....as far as is possible leave it alone. Don't pick the scab!

Hubby is starting to see you are becoming a different person now you are sober, it is making him insecure and he feels/fears he may lose you. Reassure him, but mostly go and do something fun with him. He is simply scared.

Comment

Working...
                        X