t00sd1 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

t00sd1 23

mornin all...how are we today then?all good today I hope...got quite a bit done yesterday,weather was nice up till about 3 pm so laid the greenhouse foundations ,cut the slabs and slabbed it up...and burnt my grinder out!!as you can see in the pic,got one inset to cut and fit...need to do that with a chisel..and yep...dropped a slab on my finger ..it was a dead cert to happen!!!today finish base ,take clothes pole out..I set that in a massive block of concrete...and generally tidy up...Ive got to lay armoured cable at at some stage to give me outside power..mouth is sore,but nowhere near as bad as it was..

20160222_164453.jpg

brew time.........here we go...

mornin ky,hows you then today?did you manage to get things on the move yesterday over this part of the world?I agree funerals are a chance to say goodbye,literally,as a lot is dependant on your individual beliefs

hiya Pauly ..hows you today then?good I hope...again eaxch and every person and relationship is different ..and Im pretty sure that you will sort it all out between you...why does he think you are boring?just cos you dont act like an a$$hole because you are full of drink?..sorry mistah thats heestory....Im sure you will sort it out ..your sober has done you proud..well done...

hiya pie...hows you then?I can see why you were hacked off the other night!!cant really say a lot except hope that things work out ok for you...need some work doing???

hiya Lav hows you today then?all ok?did you get pressy buying?bit early really,but thanks...its July 5th..fifty ten..and in return ...a mean brew for you maam

hiya Sam...hows you doing mate ?all good I hope...yep nuffing like a break to recharge...what are you up to..anything good?

hiya ppqp...how are you today?that guy me have a senior position to you in the firm...but he aint a boss..in fact I think he is an ignorant tosser,and to be truthful with you i would not be stressing in the slightest about him..clown..I think the next time you talk about whats going on,you reel all this crap out..and actually put some of your thoughts /ideas on the table..he aint after helping you . .he is after an easy life...I hate the word boss anyway...the only people that ever called me that were prisoners ..either boss or guv...none of my staff ever did...it is taken from the Dutch word base..and then the Dutch decided like everyone else ,they wanted part of America...it was then bastardised by the slaves,so base became boss...because they did not want to call the plantation owners and their underlings by the title master..

there you go...history lesson over...prolly more interesting than listening to him rabbit on!!

hiya det ...yuo ok mate?same with you ns...?

suns up now..rabbits are a thumping ..make madams brekkie and orf with a brew dans le jardin....be well peeps....

Teacher: "Kids, what does the chicken give you?"
    Student: "Meat!"
    Teacher: "Very good! Now what does the pig give you?"
    Student: "Bacon!"
    Teacher: "Great! And what does the fat cow give you?"
    Student: "Homework!"

In a Catholic school cafeteria, a nun places a note in front of a pile of apples, "Only take one. God is watching." Further down the line is a pile of cookies. A little boy makes his own note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."

A recent worldwide survey showed that out of 2,146,703,436 people, 94% were too lazy to actually read that number.

A blonde and a redhead have a ranch. They have just lost their bull. The women need to buy another, but only have $500. The redhead tells the blonde, "I will go to the market and see if I can find one for under that amount. If I can, I will send you a telegram." She goes to the market and finds one for $499. Having only one dollar left, she goes to the telegraph office and finds out that it costs one dollar per word. She is stumped on how to tell the blonde to bring the truck and trailer. Finally, she tells the telegraph operator to send the word "comfortable." Skeptical, the operator asks, "How will she know to come with the trailer from just that word?" The redhead replies, "She's a blonde so she reads slow: 'Come for ta bull.'"

A proud and confident genius makes a bet with an idiot. The genius says, "Hey idiot, every question I ask you that you don't know the answer, you have to give me $5. And if you ask me a question and I can't answer yours I will give you $5,000." The idiot says, "Okay." The genius then asks, "How many continents are there in the world?" The idiot doesn't know and hands over the $5. The idiot says, "Now me ask: what animal stands with two legs but sleeps with three?" The genius tries and searches very hard for the answer but gives up and hands over the $5000. The genius says, "Dang it, I lost. By the way, what was the answer to your question?" The idiot hands over $5.

A husband and wife were driving through Louisiana. As they approached Natchitoches, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town. They argued back and forth, then they stopped for lunch. At the counter, the husband asked the blonde waitress, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are very slowly?" She leaned over the counter and said, "Burrr-gerrr Kiiing."

Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small tree begins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, "Is that a son of a beech or a son of a birch?" The birch says he cannot tell, but just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling.

The birch says, "Woodpecker, you are a tree expert. Can you tell if that is a son of a beech or a son of a birch?"

The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree and replies, "It is neither a son of a beech nor a son of a birch, It is, however, the best piece of ash I have ever poked my pecker into."

A boy asks his father, "Dad, are bugs good to eat?" "That's disgusting. Don't talk about things like that over dinner," the dad replies. After dinner the father asks, "Now, son, what did you want to ask me?" "Oh, nothing," the boy says. "There was a bug in your soup, but now it’s gone."

During lunch at work, I ate 3 plates of beans (which I know I shouldn't). When I got home, my husband seemed excited to see me and exclaimed delightedly, "Darling I have a surprise for dinner tonight." He then blindfolded me and led me to my chair at the dinner table. I took a seat and just as he was about to remove my blindfold, the telephone rang. He made me promise not to touch the blindfold until he returned and went to answer the call. The beans I had consumed were still affecting me and the pressure was becoming unbearable, so while my husband was out of the room I seized the opportunity, shifted my weight to one leg and let one go. It was not only loud, but it smelled like a fertilizer truck running over a skunk in front of a garbage dump! I took my napkin from my lap and fanned the air around me vigorously. Then, shifting to the other leg, I ripped off three more. The stink was worse than cooked cabbage. Keeping my ears carefully tuned to the conversation in the other room, I went on releasing atomic bombs like this for another few minutes. The pleasure was indescribable! Eventually the telephone farewells signaled the end of my freedom, so I quickly fanned the air a few more times with my napkin, placed it on my lap and folded my hands back on it feeling very relieved and pleased with myself. My face must have been the picture of innocence when my husband returned, apologizing for taking so long. He asked me if I had peaked through the blindfold, and I assured him I had not. At this point, he removed the blindfold, and twelve dinner guests seated around the table, with their hands to their noses, chorused, "Happy Birthday!"

An old man is met by his attorney, and is told he is going to be audited. He rides to the IRS office with his attorney, and when he gets there, he begins to talk with the IRS agent. "I bet $2,000 I can bite my own eye!" The IRS agent agrees to the bet, believing it an impossible task. The old man laughs, pulls out his glass eye, and bites it. The IRS agent is dumbfounded. The old man bets $3,000 he can bite his other eye. The IRS agent knows there's no way possible to do this, so he once more agrees. The old man cackles, pulls out his dentures, and bites his eye. Then the old man finally wagers, "I bet $20,000 I can stand on the far side of your desk, pee over the desk, and get it into your wastebasket, without missing a single drop." The agent knows he won't be able to, so once more he agrees. The old man indeed misses, peeing all over the desk, and on the paperwork. The IRS agent jumps for joy, but then notices the attorney over in the corner moaning. "Are you all right?" asks the agent. "No! On the way over here, he bet me $400,000 he could pee on your desk and you'd be happy about it!"

A man went to his lawyer and told him, "My neighbor owes me $500 and he won’t pay up. What should I do?" "Do you have any proof he owes you the money?" asked the lawyer. "Nope," replied the man. "OK, then write him a letter asking him for the $5,000 he owed you," said the lawyer. "But it's only $500," replied the man. "Precisely. That’s what he will reply and then you’ll have your proof!"

10 Facts About You:
    1. You're reading this now.
    2. You're realizing that this is a stupid fact.
    4. You didn't notice I skipped number 3.
    5. You're checking now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading this even though it is stupid.
    9. You didn't realize I skipped number 8.
    10.You're checking again and smiling because you fell for it again.
    11. You're enjoying this.
    12. You didn't realize I said 10 facts not 12.
    Attached Files
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Tuesday morning Abbers!

It's a rain day here so I guess I will be forced to get this place straightened up a bit, after my trip to Curves of course

Mick, you are on a roll today!!!
    Hope your finger is OK. Moving those slabs around is something I sure wouldn't think of doing. We had a truck come & deliver stones for a foundation for our chicken house/shed. Sometime this spring there is a foundation going in for the greenhouse YB is planning. The plans are all in his head & I stay outta there, ha ha. I'll have to get a picture when it's done. Yes, I did get gifts yesterday for the birthday girl!

PQ, I am sorry you have to deal with such a !@#$% at work
    You just have to wonder what is wrong with some people. Hang in there!

Hello to kuya, Pauly, Det, Sam, Pie & everyone!
    I will check in later tonight to see how everyone is doing.
    Have a terrific AF Tuesday everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,funny jokes today Mick so you've got the greenhouse project and the tub going on at the same time? You never slow down,all this with a sore mouth too I think sobriety would be easier for a single person maybe? Hubs just doesn't understand that 4 mos off the grog is early and there's mental and physical changes that I'm going through, plus maintaining a job,watching Lou,keeping house,being a mom,its hard to maintain a marriage the way he wants it to be,I think he's just got work issues and he's taking it out on me,this too shall pass and if it doesn't yikes,dunno what I'd do,enough of that I'm over it,hope everyone has a decent Tuesday,seems like we all have something going on right now,except Sam and Lav luckies! Just hope today's easy,much love to all
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Geez, Mick! A burnt out grinder, smashed finger, sore mouth, and you're still working? Amazeballs! I'm just going with the flow here today.

Greetings to all.

Comment

Pauly, I think you're right about sobriety being easier for a single person. At least easier than bumping up against a non-supportive spouse while trying to stay clear of alcohol. It's also true for other choices I make, like how to spend money, or how to spend my time. I don't have to negotiate with a partner about any of those things. Surely plenty of things are easier as part of a couple, just responding to this particular point you made.

Much needed rainstorms came through this morning. It's dry now, but blowing a hooley out there! I don't get to use that phrase very often, and didn't want to miss my opportunity.

Lav, did ya get your place tidied up?

PQ, any improvement at work today?

Comment

Too true Pie,go to bed when you want,read when you want,etc,sometimes its hard to be there for another person fully,especially a spouse cuz they want one on one,kids will entertain themselves with t.v or their phones,so yeah it is more difficult
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

evening all
              early morning of work, looking at a farm/stream exclusion project. Raining along for awhile. Suppose to rain even more tomorrow! Mick, enjoyed the jokes today. Sounds like many maladies! Hard to keep a good man down, eh?! Take care of yourself.

Lav, it is down right slop out there, you? Are you to get any ice etc tomorrow? Just rain for us. My feet get tired of rubber muck boots after awhile. Wonder if I should take up the habit that Thos Jefferson had: soaking his feet every night in cold water. Ever been to Monticello? Well worth seeing if you're in the area. Beautiful location.

Pauly, evening to you. I was wondering: so is it that having you drink is what makes the marriage right for your hubs? I'm sure there's more to the whole thing than that. You are right that it is easier to have a situation where you are single or your partner is the sober and is thrilled you're stopping (the latter was my situation). It is tough. Stay with it though, you've come so far.

Pi, how are the doggies doing? any projects going on?

not much happening in Samland other than work, eat, sleep, repeat but enjoying it!
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Got some work done & made a half decent low sodium turkey meatloaf Pie - the house I pretty much left alone, ha ha!! Glad you got some rain, it seems like it never stops around here & it's windy too.

I've been married all my life but have pretty much lived alone most of the because we both worked shift work. Different shifts, days off & all that - no wonder we live like strangers, LOL
                Pauly, after the kids are grown & leave home things just change for all of us I think. It doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Peace!!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Sam, What was the reason for Jefferson's cold water foot soaks? So, Mrs. Sam was as happy about your drinking quit as you are about her smoking quit? How is that going for her, by the way?

Pups are fine, and a major project looms converting my guest bathroom for Dad's wheelchair accessibility. I've just been watching DIY videos to get a feel for what's involved. I think there's a reciprocating saw rental in my near future, as I want to break through an adjoining closet to pick up another 3' by 6' space. I'm going for something like this, but with no tub, and only one sink.
                  ADA bathroom.jpg

Or this, but without the glass partition, so it's a full roll-in, barrier-free shower with a gently sloping floor to the drain.
                  ADA contemporary-bathroom.jpg

Comment

MAE ALL....could have sworn I'd checked in this morning.

Pi...work was better today but still no meeting with the boss. Just as well as I'm dealing with online soccer registration that is getting screwed up because of yet again the provider who's hosting the databases. Not my responsibility this time but it's affecting my work!!! Wow....you've got quite the project ahead of you!

Shout out to all else, pooped and heading to bed. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                    X