Marvellous March 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvellous March 2016

When you become detached mentally from yourself and concentrate on helping other people with their difficulties, you will be able to cope with your own more effectively. Somehow, the act of self-giving is a personal power-releasing factor.
    ~Norman Vincent Peale

Welcome to March!

It's sunny, bright and beautiful here this morning with birds at the feeder and spring bulbs coming up thru the soil. I think (hope) we are going to have an early Spring!

Cyn, Lav, Star, Pauly and readers, let's have a marvellous, af March.
    Last edited by dill; March 1, 2016, 07:44 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Good Tuesday morning friends!

Thanks for the startup in the brand new month of March Dill
    I am with you in hoping Spring gets here sooner rather than later.

I have a special day coming up on the 26th, my 7 year AF anniversary.
    So much has transpired in that time, good & bad & I am grateful for all of it, honestly! Mostly I am grateful to be living without the crippling fear & anxiety that had taken over my life years ago.

Hello to Star!
    I am sorry about your heating system emergency
    I sure hope the temporary fix holds up for you. Yes, home ownership almost guarantees unexpected & expensive repairs. The big ticket items just do not hold up very long, it's sad.

Greetings to Cyn & Pauly!
    I hope you both have a truly fantastic month of March

Have a wonderful AF day everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning friends,thanks for the kick off Dill 81 degrees yesterday and today,I guess Vegas is one of the top allergy places in the US,makes sense,its dry,dusty,windy,grrr,keep promising Louie that we'll work on the garden but its always"tomorrow" I find it odd that I cannot tolerate allergy meds,I would never get the "D" ones anyways but even the regular stuff makes me shaky and nervous, I'm so odd,keep looking into natural remedies and acv comes up a lot,I'll try it again,I really hope this month is a positive, happy one,let's do our best to make it that way,hello Cyn,Lav,Star let's have a great Tuesday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi ya Pauly, sorry you are dealing with allergies, but be glad you don't live here! My city, Dayton, was ranked No. 1 in the Midwest region by the Allergy and Asthma Foundation of America in 2015! LOL Not something to brag about, that's for sure!

Wowzers Lav! Seven years!!! Watch out for the 'seven year itch'!:exclaim: .........Just kidding of course. I know you are rock solid. :thumbsup:
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Evening all -

Dill, thanks for getting us started. I'm hoping for an early spring as well - even though we didn't crack 40 today, I was out with the dogs and we all had spring fever - even here there are bulbs pushing up, bless them. That's courage. Your city ranked that high in allergies? Wow, I would never have guessed. That air pollution is hard on us all. Since I've found out that I'm a poor 'methylator' (?Sp?) I know that I really must stay out of air pollution. HB did me a great favor by agreeing to live out of a city environment.

Pauly - good luck with allergies and the meds. Sometimes cutting out some foods in the spring can help - I know that you're doing all the reading - good luck.

Lav - How exciting. 7 years. Since I've had a few identities on this site, I don't have a sense of when I started, but it must have been in the summer or fall the year you made your quit. Remember Lil' Me? I remember her kitty picture. She reached out to me early on in a PM - that was such a kind thing to do, it made me feel so welcome. We'll have to toast you with some ACV on the 26th!

Star - so sorry about your heating issue. Seems like there really is always something, right? But it is nice to have your own home... how is the piano playing coming along? Thanks for the encouragement with the meditation; I'm keeping at it.

Take care all - wishing you a great AF evening and restful sleep.

Comment

Good morning...

Sorry I posted on the February thread yesterday. I am just really tired and slept nine hours last night, so hopefully well rested today. Alot on my plate, and trying to deal with a busy time at work on top of it.

Dill, thanks for starting us out. I have some daffodils poking up through the ground, it is cold again, but only for a few days. I hope we have an early spring too!

Lav, wow 7 years, that is great. A way of life by now. You continue to help so many, a big thanks is due you! Thank you!!!!!

Cyn, last week I could not get to my piano due to the painters having my house torn up, I have been super busy since, but have played one song I am trying to learn. I ordered a few more piano books from my childhood, so excited to get them this week. Thanks for asking.

Busy day at work again, all good. Wishing you all a great hump day!

Comment

Good Hump day morning friends

Sunny but super windy here today. The trash truck came early & now the big empty can is blowing around the end of my driveway, ha ha! I'll retrieve it on my way out to Curves.

Star, I hope you have a good day after a decent night's sleep! I am incredibly stupid when I am sleep deprived. Sleep deprivation played a major part in that serious fall I had 15 years ago. We can be a danger to ourselves.

Cyn, the only air pollution we have to deal with here comes when the farmers work their fields in the Spring. I end up with burning eyes & a lot of coughing for a week or so, oh boy! I am keeping my fingers crossed for an early Spring arrival!

Dill, no 7 year itch for me, LOL
              Every once in a while the thought of a bottle of wine goes thru my head. That thought is immediately followed up with 'how stupid would that be now?' Proud to say that I have finally learned my lesson

Pauly, I hope you are finding some allergy relief! I know how exhausting it can be dealing with symptoms day after day. OTC allergy medicines don't do much for me either.

Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends, another warm day on the horizon,hope its not windy, did the most lazy workout today I wonder if I should have even bothered haha, I also need to stop watching the news while I do it,between politics and all the crime here in Vegas it sets my mood in a yucky place first thing in the morning who needs that? Last night Louie kept jumping on me and it was irritating me, usually it doesn't but I felt guilty for being irritated, I don't want to be crabby Nan,probably just him excited for his birthday this weekend, ugh,that's gonna be a hard one to get through, they're having his party at other grammas and I know there will be booze,I don't feel like drinking of course,just hoping my nerves gives me a break that day,hello Lav,Cyn,Dill,Star hope we have an easy Wednesday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings All,

Lav, ahh yes! The wind has been ridiculous! I am just going to ignore this weather and wait for the next warm spell. 26 degrees this morning! The nerve of Mother Nature! LOL

Star, I think it’s great you can find the lesson books from your youth on the internet! I still remember some of the tunes from those books. Are you getting John Thompson books? Mark Nevin? What books did you have? Even tho I gave my piano away, we still have a really nice electronic keyboard so I can still dabble. I actually still have some of my lesson books, too!

Cyn, yes we were 8th out of 100 cities nation wide! Yikes! You are lucky that Mr. Tree agreed to living away from the pollution of the city. Bless him. I am going to have to google ‘methylator’. I surely do remember Lil Mea. She was a fave of mine. I stayed in touch with her a bit after she left the thread but we have since lost contact. I wonder if I still have her info.

Pauly, how are you doing?

Boy, this zika virus thing is getting REALLY scary! I wonder how far north it will go. I suppose there is no reason to think we will be spared just because we live in a northern climate. What about you Pauly? Any cases in your state? I think there have been 3 in Ohio but as a result of travel.

Happy af Hump Day!
                  Last edited by dill; March 2, 2016, 10:21 AM.
                  Dill

Comment

x post, Pauly! I don't envy you the birthday party scene. I've had to attend a few awkward ones because of the family split. Our families don't exactly blend well...go figure! But I will say, everyone does put forth a good effort, so that's at least something. Well, anyway, good you won't be drinking and you can keep your wits about you!
                    Dill

Comment

Dill,I've decided to throw a little Paw Patrol themed party here on Friday for Lou so I'll only hafta stay over there for an hour or so,see planning ahead no Zika here so far,very scary stuff those poor babies and parents

Comment

One case of Zika so far in Philly. I heard today that Massachusetts has a few cases - likely all travel related. It's too freaking cold for mosquitos to be alive here!

Pauly, have fun with your Paw Patrol party - fun stuff
                        Ignore the AL at the other party, it no longer concerns you, right?

Now I hear that 'touch' of snow predicted for Friday morning is going to be more like 2 or 3 inches. Not happy about that.

Have a peaceful night everyone. I'll be in touch from my granddaughter's tomorrow
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning all...

Dill, I bought the piano book, "Czerny," I remember it, but have not yet receive it in the mail. I need things to get back to normal here so I have time to play. Now our furnace won't be repaired for 7-10 days, but is currently rigged/working on a temporary basis. So, we are OK. I have just been incredibly busy at work, so when I come home, tired. I have been eating dinner and collapsing, then early to bed. I hope to get a chance tonight to play, my husband works late, so I will be on my own. I am babysitting Saturday and spending the night, then an appointment in the city in the afternoon, so will again be pretty busy this weekend. It is a lovely piece of furniture, and I am so happy with my piano. We are supposed to be getting a bit of snow, an inch or so, then really warming up over the weekend and into next week. Yay!!!

Lav, I received the book about detachment, and love the way it is set up. A meditation a day. I am focusing on self-care and getting through this challenging time. Focusing on positives makes a difference, remembering to be grateful for all the good aspects in my life, this is an ongoing process. Does everybody have stuff going on all the time? I guess they do.

Pauly, have fun at the birthday party, never understand booze at a kid party. I am focusing on bringing my own drink of choice to social activities. Not going to be tempted, it is not worth it. Hope you have a good time.

Hi Cyn, have a good one.

Comment

Good morning friends,

Lav, hope you are having a good day with your granddaughter. How is she doing? Does she like her new daycare? I was wrong about the number of cases of zika in Ohio. It's up to 6, all travel related. I am shocked at the numbers of childrn born with microcephaly. So incredibly sad.

Star, yes I think "everybody has stuff going on all the time"! LOL! Remember Roseanne Roseanna Danna (Gilda Ratner) from Saturday Night Live? Her famous line, "it's always something!" LOL! So true. But I guess it is life and we have to take the good with the bad. You are so right to remind us to focus on the positive. We cannot be reminded of that enough as far as I'm concerned because it is so easy to get pulled down by the negative.
                            Does the book have a meditation for everyday for a whole year?

Pauly, Paw Patrol party is a great idea! My granddaughter is a huge PP fan. She loves her stuffed animal Marshal. I do too! Our family had a dalmation when I was a little girl. But I do hate how these shows push all these toys and things that are so ridiculously expensive to buy. Marshal is the only thing she will get. Santa brought it to her. As far as the party goes, "Keep your head up and power through!". (I love that quote.)

Hello Miss Cyn, I still haven't looked up that term you used the other day and now I have forgotten it so will go back and find it and google it right now. I have a doctors appointment first thing today so since I'm focusing on the medical, it will be the perfect time for me to learn a new term.

Let's all have a cheerful af Thursday. Ignore the snow. That's my motto!:happy2:
                            Dill

Comment

Good Thursday morning friends

Sunny but cold around here. Snow due to arrive overnight, hopefully the last of the season.

Star, I hope you get a chance to catch up with your piano at some point this weekend. Busy is good but I do like a little quiet personal time too. I hope you enjoy the book. I have the Kindle version on my ipad so I can always reread parts when I feel the need for a little tuneup

Dill, good luck with your medical appointment. I am a big believer in being proactive & doing what we can to take care of ourselves. Why shouldn't we do what we can to prevent big health problems, right?
                              My granddaughter is just fine, happy with her preschool but it's still just three days. So I cover Thursday & her Dad covers Friday (working from home). My daughter is dealing with midterms this week & next week so she is kind of stressed. I've been trying to gently remind her that this stuff is just temporary, it will be over soon enough. Adult students have the advantage of maturity but also the baggage of a family, ha ha!

Greetings Pauly & Cyn.

Let's all have a fabulous AF Thursday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X