wensdi 2 mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wensdi 2 mar

hiya folks how are we all today then?all good?I m so glad got most of that work done the other day...we are in the middle of storm Jake,fire, drought, floods,snow,pestilence ,locusts etc on the way!!at present just heavee rain....quite a few roads flooded..at the dentist for 10,so need to get a riddle on....

brews all round?

hiya ppqp...I actually have asked the farmer if I could buy some of the land at the back......you sound in fine fettle...its a pity about the shipping charges....I know wher to get those timers..was looking at them the other day...imagine the panic if it went off in a plane tho....

hiya Lav ...brew time lets listen to some Johnny Cash Boxcar Willie or Kristofferson...(me n Bobby McGee..bustin down to Baton Rouge ...) your politics sound like ours...they cant even lie straight in bed!!!

hiya ttq....hows you today then?never heard of cooking pike like that ...

hiya Ky...hows it all workin out?you gettin there?

hi Ns..you ok?your travelling keeps you active!

hiya pauly hope all is well.....

hiya Sam you ok?

hiya pie..hows you?.you got me finking.....on the dumb laws ..heres some more rfom Texas..on a roll with these

sorry such a short post..gotta dash...

It is illegal to sell one’s eye

A program has been created in the state that attempts to control the weather.

One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold public office.
    It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.

Abilene
    It is illegal to idle or loiter anyplace within the corporate limits of the city for the purpose of flirting or mashing.
    Austin
    Wire cutters can not be carried in your pocket.

Beaumont
    Collegiate football is banned at Lamar University.

Borger
    It is against the law to throw confetti, rubber balls, feather dusters, whips or quirts (riding crop), and explosive firecrackers of any kind.

Clarendon
    It is illegal to dust any public building with a feather duster.

Dallas
    It’s illegal to possess realistic dildos.

El Paso
    Urinating on the streets is illegal.

Appearing in public places wearing a “lewd dress” is prohibited.

El Paso
    Churches, hotels, halls of assembly, stores, markets, banking rooms, railroad depots, and saloons are required to provide spittoons “of a kind and number to efficiently contain expectorations into them.

Galveston
    It is illegal to drive a motor car down Broadway before noon on Sundays.

?Offensive gestures? will not be tolerated at any special event.

Bicycles must be operated at a “reasonable speed”.

One needs permission from the director of parks and recreation before getting drunk in any city park.

No person shall throw trash from an airplane.
    Landing an airplane on the beach is illegal.

No person shall inhale fumes from model glue.

Any person who sits on a sidewalk may be fined up to $500.

Harker Heights
    No person may disturb a church service by swearing.
    Drivers of city vehicles must respect all traffic rules just like the rest of us.

Houston
    It is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sunday.
    Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday

Jasper
    Dogs must be on a leash at ALL times.

LeFors
    It is illegal to take more than three swallows of beer while standing.

Lubbock County
    It is illegal to drive within an arm’s length of alcohol – including alcohol in someone else’s blood stream.

Mesquite
    It is illegal for children to have unusual haircuts.

Port Arthur
    Obnoxious odors may not be emitted while in an elevator.

Richardson
    It is illegal to do “U Turns”.

It is now illegal to place a “for sale” sign on a car if it visible from the street.
    Last edited by Mick; March 2, 2016, 02:59 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

happy windsday everyone. Thanks for the start up Mick. A quick my own self here. off to work. A little gimpy today, did something to my hip and not sure what the heck it is. Feel like Chester in Gunsmoke. Oh well, nothing a little time won't heal.

have a jolly one all
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy hump day

Sunny, colder & very windy here today. Supposed to see a tiny bit of snow Friday. It had better be a tiny bit!!! Haha!!

Thanks for the coffee Mick!
      I tried but couldn't get away from the political nonsense last night. I turned the TV off & decided to look at Facebook on my ipad but 'Breaking News' alerts from CNN kept popping up, ugh I hope the trip to the dentist was not too bad for you!

Sam, Chester from Gunsmoke would have greatly benefitted from a total hip replacement - poor guy! I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Pie, I don't actually know the toilet laws in Pennsylvania, ha ha! But we did purposely pick out low flow toilets when we built this place back in 2003. This is the first place we've lived with well water, not municipal. I couldn't see wasting a drop from our freshly dug well. Home Depot & Lowes usually have a pretty good selection of bath fixtures. Good luck

Hello to the rest of the group. I will check in later.
      Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,I'm with you Sam,feel like Islept with my right arm tied behind my back ouch,Mick,interesting Texas laws so dumb,I'm sure every state has some idiotic ones,Pie,you sounded chipper in your posts when hubs was a plumber he always ran into the water saving toilets being a prob and yes most people smuggled them in cuz the water savers don't flush everything the first time anyways so how are they saving water? Helloto all,llet's have a nice Wednesday phones typing weird haha
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the kickstart. I love a great storm as long as I don't have to go out in it. Be safe on your way to the dentist.

Sam...you take it easy with that hip. Chester in Gunsmoke brought back a lot of memories. I've woken up to sore feet!

Lav...we do get into weird conversations don't we! I have no idea about the toilet laws here in Alberta either. LOL Getting a little concerned as the red rash on my hands has now spread up my arms. Monday seems like a long ways off to see the doc. Using lots of Glaxal Base cream.

Pauly...I've done the same thing with my arm over my head. Could hardly move it in the morning.

Here's hoping Hump Day is a little slower. Shout out to everyone else......:smile:PPQP

Comment

MAE Everybody, Thanks for the start up Mick. I'm happy to have inspired this morning's dumb laws humor. Hope you're still laughing after the dentist visit.

Hello to Sam, Pauly, Lav, PQ and others yet to stop by.

Comment

hidy diddly ho ABerooooos!

all smiles here... last work day is this Friday! then my new career begins in pole dancing...er..or something.

Mick, hope the dentist was kind to you today. Great funny laws! no wonder I'm an anarchist.

not sure what the toilet laws in NV say, but I'm pretty sure i violate them all regularly

Very good productive first visit to new therapist yesterday. Finally a therapist that truly 'clicks' with me. Feel
              like I've had quite an emotional workout but very positive.

I better get outside and make use of the sunshine...crap weather is blowing in tomorrow.

be well loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

:sohappyet!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Det....ditto what Pauly said!

Comment

MAE and Hey everyone. Sick as dog here just got home from the doctors office they almost made me go to the ER as my blood pressure was shighhhhh! 180 over sum thin. I got it down. Its white coat syndrome and I was really anxious. So ancho taking some tamiflu and some prescription cough syrup and heading to bed. Have rest-full night or productive day everyone....
                    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                    Friedrich Nietzsch

Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
                    Benjamin Franklin

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Comment

Good for you Det

Hi there Pauly & Pie!!

PQ, rash on your hands creeping up your arms, hmm. What are you thinking? Drug reaction?
                      Is it itchy, raised?? Can you try a little Benadryl? Hope it improves on it's own & you don't have to wait until Monday for relief :hug:
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Time2quit and PPQ both ailing? ruh roh. any relief?
                        in the meantime, here's some toilet law violations to cheer you up:

nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

one more! after seeing these I may be cut out for contractor work after all

nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thought I would pop in. I start reading today's thread and then of course have to scroll back days just to understand the conversation!

Things are good here....almost went full-time.....then realized I like part-time! I get scheduled a few days a week...but, if I want to work more people are always giving up shifts. So one week I'll work 28 hours and the next 35 depending on how if feel. I like the freedom.....and since I'm out of that "you get two weeks vacation" I can take off whenever I want. It works for now...someday I may need to get a grown up job again....but not today

Det-good for you. I know they always say to have your next thing lined up...but, I needed a break. Seemed like even after I left I was still running around like a crazy lady. Busy, busy, busy....it was the only mode I knew. I know it's taken me a full year to slow the fuck down...and I'm still working on it.

Kuya-so sorry to hear about your Mom. I know I don't have the greatest relationship with my parents.....but, I'm not looking forward to their golden years.

Mick you wear me out! Apparently you never did learn how to slow down

Paula, Lav, Sam, NS, Pie, Time and everyone else....glad to see everyone so strong.

Comment

Sunflower, that's great. I'm also looking for part-time work for the first time ever. That way i can work on some personal projects and biz ideas I've been kicking around for yonks.
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X