sat 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat 5th

mae all ..how are we today then?all good?sun is shining here today...but certainly not enuff to melt yesterdays performance which turned to ice overnight ,so it is prettty slippy out there ..hope fully by midday it will have melted a fair chunk..not a lot of chance of getting greenhouse frame down today tho...if weather holds then will go detecting tomorrow...but meantime...a brew ...not to many folk here yustaday....

brews all round?here we go then..

hiya Lav ..hows you then today?roads clear ....can you send your road clearing gang over here?we will probably go out next week for Julies birthday...in the meantime big brew....

hiya ppqp...wow looks like you are going to be boss without him even knowing...!how is everything with you ?hopefully you are well..yes would be interesting to find out about the tankard ..but thats the only markings on it..strange.you would think if it was a presentation it would say to and from ...

pie ...85 degs????wots going on here then?guess you were busy then yesterday....would love to just drop my mouth off...in fact pretty sure there are a good few people would like me to do that too!!

hiya Sam..hows you today then?all good I hope...?just watching the cattle in the fields here gingerly making their way across to the food troughs..

hiya pauly...aka the key lime kid:thumbsup: hows you today then?yep fitbit is good ..its amazing how quick the number of steps becomes a challenge!!

big hi to everyone not here ...hope you are all well...

have a look at this pic of stones........but is it?is anyfink else there??

have a good one..

604cabeba00d3d361d2a85ada8585626_rock_1 (1).jpg

These are 100% real, non-photoshopped, top 40 funniest construction mistakes ever made by construction workers all over the world.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mick, those stones look like potential floor "tile" to me. Met with contractor yesterday, and expect a bid from him on Monday. Nice guy. He's worked for others in our condo complex, so knows the common issues. I just have a feeling his pricing may be high. We'll see soon enough.

New pup is here, so we're up early. Think I'll grab some more coffee and return later. Here are some pics from your link, Mick. Website has the stories behind each one. Good stuff!

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Saturday!

Sunny but still quite chilly here
      Next week we will be in the 70's, yay!!

Mick, I have to say they do a good job on the roads around here after a snow storm, even out here in cow country, ha ha!! Good luck on your adventure tomorrow if you do get out!

Pie, I have to say the plumbing work here is just fine & has given us no trouble since we built this house in 2003. The electrician, on the other hand made many goofs including installing light fixtures upside down. He had a serious Budweiser habit, was a friend of my brother-in-law who was the builder.
      We were able to fix everything but what a pain
      Just make sure your contractor doesn't arrive with a cooler full of beer. Have a fun puppy weekend!

Hello to the rest of the group. I hope we all have a fabulous AF day. no special plans for me, will see what happens!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick my donut was DA bomb! How was the raspberry ice cream?also one of my faves Lav,the guy who worked on the salon also "worked for beer" so we have many electrical, plumbing, other issues,Pie,funny pics who the hell are these people Hahahaha!!!! I like the coffee maker one,overcast today may rain tomorrow and all those NASCAR people are gonna get soaked,I doubt it though, much love to all,off to get ready for work
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
          Mae everybody,Mick my donut was DA bomb! How was the raspberry ice cream?also one of my faves Lav,the guy who worked on the salon also "worked for beer" so we have many electrical, plumbing, other issues,Pie,funny pics who the hell are these people Hahahaha!!!! I like the coffee maker one,overcast today may rain tomorrow and all those NASCAR people are gonna get soaked,I doubt it though, much love to all,off to get ready for work
          hiya pauly...ice cream was ace...also found another one coconut n chocolate...and yet Ive still managed to lose a loada weight...since Jan1st....18lbs....mind you did another 12000 steps and the day isnt over ...
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Checking in from my phone. Lav and Pauly, it wasn't too long ago that contractors had to bring the beer to me! True story (shakes head emoti)

Comment

I swear Mick, I would have to start cutting off limbs to lose weight.....it's ridiculous! Good for you though

Pauly, you know darn well that donut was not on the healthy eating list, ha ha!!

Pie, I'm glad you work without beer nowadays. No major mess-ups in your future bathroom remodel

Peace everyone!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Checking in to stay accountable.....

Shirty day today. Rash has migrated up my arms. Thankfully it's not itchy and doesn't hurt.
                Woke up to swollen feet! Very painful to walk on. Been soaking them in Epson Salt and using O'Keefe's foot cream.
                Monday can't get here soon enough to see the Dr.
                Will check in tomorrow hopefully with better news.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Geez, PQ! Sounds like not your first choice of a way to spend the weekend. Hope you get some relief soon. Epsom salts for soaking are a favorite of mine. In fact, just added to my shopping list because I'm out.

Spent 12 hours on my bathroom demo, and not a beer in sight. Though I thought about it a time or two. Had a second contractor here today for a bid, and a third is coming tomorrow. Plumbing is in worse shape than I thought now that I can see it. Here's before and after from today. Pretty happy with what I got done.

Bath Before.jpg

bathroom 3.5.16 8pm.jpg

Comment

late night check in... work and all that sort of thang. "see" you all tomorrow
                    Sam
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                    X