mon 21st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mon 21st

morning all ...how are we today then?all good ?bit foggy here this mornin,but still nice weather which is supposed to change the end of the week back to winter wevva...got on here no probs today ..really strange ..even Julie had probs with her laptop/tablet etc wabbitz out playing at the mo,..

brew time..oh and in case you are interested.........................

537 – Siege of Rome: King Vitiges attempts to assault the northern and eastern city walls, but is repulsed at the Praenestine Gate, known as the Vivarium, by the defenders under the Byzantine generals Bessas and Peranius.
    630 – Emperor Heraclius returns the True Cross, one of the holiest Christian relics, to Jerusalem.
    717 – Battle of Vincy between Charles Martel and Ragenfrid.
    1152 – Annulment of the marriage of King Louis VII of France and Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine.
    1188 – Emperor Antoku accedes to the throne of Japan.
    1413 – Henry V becomes King of England.
    1556 – In Oxford, Archbishop of Canterbury Thomas Cranmer is burned at the stake.
    1788 – A fire in New Orleans leaves most of the town in ruins.
    1800 – With the church leadership driven out of Rome during an armed conflict, Pius VII is crowned Pope in Venice with a temporary papal tiara made of papier-mâché.
    1801 – The Battle of Alexandria is fought between British and French forces near the ruins of Nicopolis in Egypt.
    1804 – Code Napoléon is adopted as French civil law.
    1814 – Napoleonic Wars: Austrian forces repel French troops in the Battle of Arcis-sur-Aube.
    1821 – Greek War of Independence: First revolutionary act in the monastery of Agia Lavra, Kalavryta.
    1844 – The Bahá'í calendar begins. This is the first day of the first year of the Bahá'í calendar. It is annually celebrated by members of the Bahá'í Faith as the Bahá'í New Year or Náw-Rúz.
    1861 – Alexander Stephens gives the Cornerstone Speech.
    1871 – Otto von Bismarck is appointed Chancellor of the German Empire.
    1871 – Journalist Henry Morton Stanley begins his trek to find the missionary and explorer David Livingstone.
    1913 – Over 360 are killed and 20,000 homes destroyed in the Great Dayton Flood in Dayton, Ohio.
    1918 – World War I: The first phase of the German Spring Offensive, Operation Michael, begins.
    1919 – The Hungarian Soviet Republic is established becoming the first Communist government to be formed in Europe after the October Revolution in Russia.
    1921 – The New Economic Policy is implemented by the Bolshevik Party in response to the economic failure as a result of war communism.
    1925 – The Butler Act prohibits the teaching of human evolution in Tennessee.
    1925 – Syngman Rhee is removed from office after being impeached as the President of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
    1928 – Charles Lindbergh is presented with the Medal of Honor for the first solo trans-Atlantic flight.
    1933 – Construction of Dachau, the first Nazi concentration camp, is completed.
    1935 – Shah of Iran Reza Shah Pahlavi formally asks the international community to call Persia by its native name, Iran.
    1937 – Ponce massacre: Nineteen people in Ponce, Puerto Rico, are gunned down by a police squad acting under orders of US-appointed Governor, Blanton C. Winship.
    1943 – Wehrmacht officer Rudolf von Gersdorff plots to assassinate Adolf Hitler by using a suicide bomb, but the plan falls through. Von Gersdorff is able to defuse the bomb in time and avoid suspicion.
    1945 – World War II: British troops liberate Mandalay, Burma.
    1945 – World War II: Operation Carthage: Royal Air Force planes bomb Gestapo headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. They also hit a school and 125 civilians are killed.
    1945 – World War II: Bulgaria and the Soviet Union successfully complete their defense of the north bank of the Drava River as the Battle of the Transdanubian Hills concludes.
    1946 – The Los Angeles Rams sign Kenny Washington, making him the first African American player in the American football since 1933.
    1952 – Alan Freed presents the Moondog Coronation Ball, the first rock and roll concert, in Cleveland, Ohio.
    1960 – Apartheid: Sharpeville massacre, South Africa: Police open fire on a group of unarmed black South African demonstrators, killing 69 and wounding 180.
    1963 – Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary, on an island in San Francisco Bay, closes.
    1965 – Ranger program: NASA launches Ranger 9, the last in a series of unmanned lunar space probes.
    1965 – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. leads 3,200 people on the start of the third and finally successful civil rights march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama.
    1968 – Battle of Karameh in Jordan between the Israel Defense Forces and the combined forces of the Jordanian Armed Forces and PLO.
    1970 – The first Earth Day proclamation is issued by Mayor of San Francisco Joseph Alioto.
    1980 – US President Jimmy Carter announces a United States boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow to protest the Soviet war in Afghanistan.
    1980 – Dallas airs its "A House Divided" episode, which leads to eight months of international speculation regarding Who shot J.R.?
    1983 – The first cases of the 1983 West Bank fainting epidemic begin; Israelis and Palestinians accuse each other of poison gas, but the cause is later determined mostly to be psychosomatic.
    1986 – Debi Thomas became the first African American to win the World Figure Skating Championships
    1989 – Sports Illustrated reports allegations tying baseball player Pete Rose to baseball gambling.
    1990 – Namibia becomes independent after 75 years of South African rule.
    1999 – Bertrand Piccard and Brian Jones become the first to circumnavigate the Earth in a hot air balloon.
    2000 – Pope John Paul II makes his first ever pontifical visit to Israel.
    2006 – The social media site Twitter is founded.
    2009 – Four police officers are shot and killed and a fifth is wounded in two shootings at Oakland, California.

now lets have that brew now that you have soaked up all that ever so useful knowledge!!

mornin Lav ..hows you this morning?all good ?heres a brew to go with your free pass..Ive taken a couple of pics but they havent down loaded yet...so what have you got planned for today then?anything?Ive got a bitsan pieces day today...Im looking at buying some soil warming cable to make a couple of hot boxes to brig seedlings on..

hiya everybuddy else...think we are up to speed now.....hey pauly ..Im going looking for a bougie today..not sure if I will be successful tho...

hiya ppqp..hope all worked out......

pics still havent downloaded properly....

but heres the front of the coin I found yesterday...

20160321_065947.jpg

its Henry the 2nd at its youngest ..it is 827 years old

heres a pic if you can make it out of dusk in me garden with all the lights that change colour,

20160319_184531.jpg

“I went to a restaurant the other day called ‘Taste of the Raj.’ The waiter hit me with a stick and got me to build a complicated railway system.”

“I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn’t looking good either.”

“Doctor, Doctor, my arm is broken in three places.”
    “Well stay out of those places.”

“Behind every great man is a woman with a hostage.”

“Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. And monkey’s do too – if they have a gun.”

Police arrested two kids yesterday: one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other off.

“‘Employee of the month’ is a good example of how somebody can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.”

“I hate my supervisor. Behind her desk it says. ‘You don’t have to be mad to work her, but it helps. ‘Mind you, she’s written it in her own excrement.”

An ice cream seller was today found on the floor of his van covered in hundreds and thousands. Police said he topped himself.

“Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxis and cutting hair.”

How do you call a prison inmate? – Use a cell phone.

Why do seagulls live near the sea? Because if they lived near the bay, they’d be called bagels.

What is small, red and whispers? – A hoarse radish.

“On a train, why do I always end up sitting next to the woman who’s eating the individual fruit pie by sucking the filling out through the hole in the middle?”

I admire the Pope. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can tour without an album.

“I won’t say ours was a tough school, but we had our own coroner.”

“I went to a general store. They wouldn’t let me buy anything specifically.”

“What’s black and white and eats like a horse? – A Zebra.

“An overweight guy went to the doctor who advised him to try a keep fit DVD. But the guy said he couldn’t be bothered. “Well” suggested the doctor, “try something that leaves you a little short of breath.” So the guy took up smoking.”

“I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own.

Why are robots never afraid? – Because they have nerves of steel.

. “I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.”

. “Today’s a good day for going to a bookstore and ask where the self help section is.”

What’s Green and sings? Elvis Parsley.

“I’m 63 now. But that’s just 17 Celsius.”

. Two silkworms had a race – it ended in a tie.

“I love the way garages leave black buckets outside for your dead flowers.”

“I love flying. I’ve been to almost as many places as my luggage.”

“Airline hostesses show you how to use a seat belt in case you haven’t been in a car since 1956.”
    -
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Mick, you are on a roll today, ha ha!!!
    That's a very cool looking coin you have there, nice
    You have a real mini Longwood Garden look going there with lighted pathways & all.
    Not sure what I am doing yet except for heading out to Curves shortly. It's 32 degrees outside with a light covering of snow so definitely no gardening.

Wishing everyone a great AF day, I'll check in later!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,good luck on the bougie search,I'm gonna try and get one this weekend, I hate seeing the dead one everyday,depressing,bought Kell a fitbit for her birthday, big mistake cuz she's smoking me and beating all my records!! Maybe cuz she's taller? I walked everywhere yesterday, even strolled Lou to the vitamin shoppe and still only 12,000 steps,Kell got 20,000 bitch!haha sleep was yuck again last night,not bad bad but just not great,hello to all,hope we all have a great Monday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
        Good Monday morning Abbers!

Mick, you are on a roll today, ha ha!!!
        That's a very cool looking coin you have there, nice
        You have a real mini Longwood Garden look going there with lighted pathways & all.
        Not sure what I am doing yet except for heading out to Curves shortly. It's 32 degrees outside with a light covering of snow so definitely no gardening.

Wishing everyone a great AF day, I'll check in later!

Lav
        hiya Lav other pics downloaded...back of coin...its all in oldy worldy english but it shows who minted the coin and where..in this case gefrei (Geoffrey)on Nor...so he minted it in Norwich...the other thing is a flint scraper...it has been napped (edged)now whether it was broken before use or during ..is anyones guess..but that was probably made some 2000 years ago...at least look at the edge and the axe sort of shape..Julies take on history like this?obviously someone like me..bored out of their skull decided to make something!!

20160321_070023.jpg

20160321_123725.jpg

20160321_123950.jpg

20160321_123811.jpg
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

afternoon/evening all
          Enjoyed the timeline Mick and the finds you have are amazing. How did you find the flint piece?
          In digging for something else? Detectors don't find rock materials, do they??

Lav, it did turn a little chilly today, not much price for us at all. We have a broody hen setting, maybe we'll have baby chicks??

Pauly, how was your day, stepping around?

Whatever happened to Bear? can't remember if she mentioned she was not going to post for awhile. just wondering, I can't ever remember nuffin.

how do to all yet to come
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Just checking in to stay accountable.....feeling really down today.
            Spent most of Sunday going through my lawyer records and when the anger and frustration got to me I put it away.
            Went out and enjoyed what was left of a sunny warm day then made quite a nice dinner.
            Woke this morning with the lawyer on my mind and haven't been able to shake it all day.
            Planning on an early night, hopefully will sleep, and like my Dad used to say "things will look better in the morning".
            Hope everyone else has a peaceful evening......:moody:PPQP

Comment

Hey Sam, I take it you have a rooster? Ha ha! I banned all of them years ago. Good luck with your egg hatching.
              Bear did say goodbye a while ago, was interested in another sobriety website.

Mick, I don't know how you find all that stuff - amazing, really!

Pauly, the moon looks full or nearly full tonight & that always messes with my sleep. Maybe it's messing with you as well.

I somehow forgot that YB is on vacation this week, LOL
              Maybe I can get him to fix a few things around here & construct a new raised bed for my baby strawberry plants - at least I hope so.

Peace to all tonight!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X