Killer headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer headache

I'm on day 26 AF, and got a killer headache two days ago that won't go away. I have tried pain relievers, and even the very strong prescription one (tramadol) that I save as a last resort for intense pain hardly took the edge off it. I've done AF before for a few weeks and neve had anything like this. Any ideas of what it could be and what to do about it would be greatly appreciated.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Killer headache

Are you drinking TONS of water to flush out toxins??
    Hugs,
    imatree

Comment

Killer headache

Well, I am drinking a lot of water and liquids, but come to think of it, I have been drinking a little less recently, especially in the evenings (so tired of getting up 3 times a night to visit the loo)-- do you think that could be the cause?
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Killer headache

When your body (organs, blood, tissues, everything) is throwing off toxins - as is sure to happen after quitting the booze - and you don't get enough water, those toxins get concentrated in your system and aren't flushed out as they should be. So then you get detox symptoms, heading being a major one.
        (This is based on my knowledge and experience with doing general body detoxes - but pretty much the same, getting garbage out of the body.)

Might as well try it - drink excess water (herbal teas okay, stay away from too much juice due to sugar content) for the next 24 hours and see if it makes a difference.
        Let me know!
        Hugs,
        imatree

Comment

Killer headache

There was some good info about this posted on one of the newbies threads. AS I remember, someone suggested allergies could cause headaches. Try searching threads for allergies or headaches.

This poster had headaches for weeks!!!

I think maybe she found a solution.

Comment

Killer headache

Beatle, a number of us had headaches a while back. I think one person figured out it might be milk thistle.The rest of us finally figured out we had allergies going on and it was only partly the withdrawal and mostly that. I think for several people claritin worked. Others of us had sinus infections and had to resort to the dr. You might try the claritin and if it doesn't work go to the dr if you think it might be sinus or allergies. Good luck

Comment

Killer headache

Everytime, I go AF, I get killer headachs too.
              Meow-Meow
              MonaKitty

Comment

Killer headache

Thanks for the advice. Actually I DO have bad pollen allergies but I'm already taking medicine for it so not much hope to be had there. Meanwhile I'll try more liquids and hope for relief soon.

Comment

Working...
                X