sunday 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday 24th

and a good morning on e and all...thats us back now in sunny Shaw,..only it isnt too sunny and its freezing ..got home ok,..first thing I did was go and pick Sandy up ...second thing ...pick some dandelion leaves on the way home for her ...it is now 7.30 and already Ive started to put up the dividing fence in the garden ready for the new one coming....Mr Jeeves...
    well must say had a great time in Dublin,weather was good...food was grand ..long time since I had white pudding,but it was lovely...and of course,it was even better that we met up with Trish and her hubby ,and also Daisy,we all got on really well..somehow Im pretty sure it isnt the last time we will meet ...
    what is also interesting is ..and I dont know how many people can relate to this..when I first came to this site,it was to sort myself out and quit booze..I never told anyone I was doing it,and in my mind I thought get clean,exit stage left no one any the wiser...didnt quite work out like that,and over time I guess I have said bitz and pieces to people including Julie who actually knows most of the names on here now...what I do is my business as far as that goes but she really took an interest in it all... and in fact she drinks..but when we were there ..she didnt have one drink..not through any obligation or anything like that ,but simply didint want one ...I found that interesting..We were also in a pub ...yep in Dublin the home of Guinness drinkin coke..and she thanked Byrdie for helping me...we simply had a ball...it just shows you tho...you can turn dreams into reality ..so dont forget that one folks...just dig deep and go for it...

sooo with me got a brew and the wabbit on dandelions ..here you go a sunday slurp...coffees on...

hia Daisy...hows you then today? hows your daughter all still ok?yep Ill put some jokes up after..day 17 or 18 for you isnt it??good on you ..

hi Eloise ..how are you today then?where in the world are you now?as for +ve ...it certainly was ...its also a thing I would recommend considering if anyone lives close enough to each other..yes people want to have private lives ,and keep them separate etc,but if I lived close enough to someone I def would ..obviously the human chemistry plays a big part too...any comments folks?

hiya Lav...hows you then?all good ...man that dog of yours is some size ..was looking at the pic ..and its paws are hoooge!!here you go first brew .....my plants over here have done pretty well so need to get them in the garden proper....

hiya pauly how are you ?that puppy looks so sweet ...hows the plantz doing?

hiya Det how are you mate?whats the fight you were talking about?speaking of which Obama seems to be doing a wonderful job with his speeches over here...with his veiled threats etc about trade...all he has really done is got peoples backs up big time!!!Im sure there is as we speak people here thinking who else can we deal with re Trident and F35 projects!!I think that political..and I use that word in its proper sense not between folks like us ..is disappearing pretty rapido ..there are some clues in there..firstly he takes the bust of Winston Churchill outta the White House..secondly tells us what a mes we made in Libya..and then threatens that he will deal trade wise with Europe before us..hmmm...interesting times ..we had this sorted in Half an hour on a couch in Dublin!!!

hiya Sam ...hows you matey?all ok in the Blue Ridge Mtns?

yo Mr G hows Oz today mate ?

hiya Kuya ..how are you then?still doing good ?hows the diet doing ?also hows your son doing on it too?is it still helping ...?hope so ...

ppqp...where are you ?sent you a couple of pms ..but no reply was the answer ...you ok?

hiya pie hows the projects doing?what are you up to now?

hi ns ...you ok?

hia tt hope all is well with you ...

right folks for the offski ...have a good one....

So a foreign exchange student asks me:

"Is the word "ee-ther" or "eye-ther?"

I told them it was either.

So a naked woman walks into a bar and asks for a beer.

The bartender stares at her body from head to toe then serves her a beer. She drinks it and asks for another beer. The bartender stares at her for longer and serves her a second beer. The woman again drinks it and asks for a third beer.

Then the bartender starts to look at her with an amused expression, until the woman says:

— What, have you never seen a naked woman before?
    — That I have, miss. I'm wondering where you're keeping the money to pay for the beers.

Words can't describe how beautiful you are...

But numbers can.

2/10.

Many years ago during my married days, I accidentally overturned my golf cart.

Elizabeth, a very attractive and keen golfer, who lived in a villa on the golf course, heard the noise and called out: "Are you okay? What's your name?"

"It's John, and I'm okay, thanks," I replied as I pulled myself out of the twisted cart.

"John," she said, (firm loose breasts undulating beneath her white silky robe) "forget your troubles. Come to my villa, rest a while and I'll help you get the cart up later."

"That's mighty nice of you," I answered, "but I don't think my wife would like it."

"Oh, come on now," Elizabeth insisted.

She was so very pretty, very very sexy and very persuasive ... I was weak. "Well okay," I finally agreed but thought to myself, "my wife won't like it."

After a couple of restorative Scotch and waters, I thanked Elizabeth. "I feel a lot better now, but I know my wife is going to be really upset. So I'd best go now."

"Don't be silly!" Elizabeth said with a smile, letting her robe fall open slightly. "She won't know anything. By the way, where is she?"

"Still under the cart, I guess."

We used to have empires ruled by emperors. We used to have kingdoms ruled by kings.

Now we have countries.

What do you call a veterinarian that can only work on one animal?

A doctor.

When ever it rains my girlfriend just stands at the window looking sad.

Sometimes I even let her in.

A woman noticed her husband standing on the bathroom scale, sucking in his stomach. “Ha**! That’s not going to help,” she said.

“Sure, it does,” he said. “It’s the only way I can see the numbers.”

Instagram is just Twitter for people who go outside.

A priest decides one day to visit one of his elderly parishoners, Mrs. Smith. He rings the door bell and Mrs. Smith appears. "Good day, Mrs. Smith. I just thought I would drop by and see how you are doing."

"Oh just fine Father, come on in, and we'll have some tea."

While sitting a the coffee table, the priest notices a bowl of almonds on the table. "Mind if I have one?" the priest says.

"Not at all, have as many as you like."

After a few hours, the priest looks at his watch and alarmed at how long he has been visting, says to Mrs. Smith, "Oh my goodness, look at the time. I must be going. Oh, but dear me, I have eaten all your alomonds. I'll have to replace them the next time I visit."

Mrs. Smith replied, "Oh don't bother Father. Ever since I lost all my teeth, it's all I can do just to lick the chocolate off them."

While preaching about forgiving ones enemies, the preacher asked for a show of hands of those who were willing to forgive their enemies. About half of the congregation raised their hands. The minister continued his lection and again asked for a show of hands. This time, 80 percent of his congregation raised their hands. Not giving up, the minister continued for fifteen more minutes. When he again asked for a show of hands, all members—except one—raised their hands.
    "Mr. Jones,” asked the minster, “are you not willing to forgive your enemies?”
    "I don't have any.”
    Mr. Jones, that is very unusual. I know you are 86-years-old. Would you please come down to the front and explain to all of us how you have lived so long without making a single enemy in the world?”
    Mr. Jones teetered to the front and briefly explained, “Its easy. Ive outlived every one of them.”

According to a news report, a certain private school in Washington recently was faced with a unique problem. A number of 12-year-old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the bathroom. That was fine, but after they put on their lipstick they would press their lips to the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints. Every night,the maintenance man would remove them and the next day, the girls would put them back. Finally the principal decided that something had to be done. She called all the girls to the bathroom and met them there with the maintenance man.... She explained that all these lip prints were causinga major problem for the custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night. To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, she asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required. He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it. Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror. There are teachers, and then there are educators...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Sunday morning Abbers

Welcome back Mick, so glad you had a good trip!
    I would love to meet up with some friends here at some point but it would have to be on my own. I absolutely would not introduce YB into the mix, he's too miserable. He knows that I found an 'online support group' 7+ years ago but I never talk about it with him, he would find some way to wreck it for me, honestly.
    I bet Sandy was happy to see you
    My big dog does have big paws - big enough to break my left foot two years ago, ha ha! She is 13 1/2 years old now & still looks good but is having big problems with arthritis & a fair amount of dementia, LOL

My plan is to get outside as much as possible today for more gardening. I did get my 15 strawberry plants planted in their new raised bed yesterday - yum!
    Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Mick....back in action I see....gonna steal a couple of these so people will think I'm funny...day 16 and counting!
      Hi Lav!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Sunday Greetings, All. Not much of interest to share today, just want to say hello.

Comment

Mae everybody,I obviously need a different plan cuz I keep giving into the drinking pull,its not even fun anymore so why? Feel yucky today but its what I get,sounds like everyone is well
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X