Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

friday...yep the poets day is here again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday...yep the poets day is here again!!!

morn all ..how are you then today?all good?well the weekend is almost upon us..hard to believe that just a week ago I was over the water in the sunshine......and this morning?snow everywhere....just been out to feed the rabbits.

20160429_072602.jpg
    ...they must be bored stupid...both in separate hutches just sitting looking at each other...not even telly to watch!anyways ...off we go ..da da... real cawfee today...not some muck that has been packed in a shed and jumped into my case anywhere between Moscow and the Liffey..so sit back ,savour the aroma of real coffee beanz as they get a wash in boiling water in a cup..

Morning Det...how are you today then mate?did you get any kip?I really dont know too much..in fact nuffink about meds and al..so I am not really in a position to comment buddy...the whole meds thing tangles my head up ...simply because I dont know ,and didnt need..I do know this ..that you seem to do great and then for some reason crash and burn..so hopefully they will get you through that bit cos otherwise you do great ...oh and dont be sorry for the post..its about the crap as well as the good..not just opening the curtains and the birds are singing in la la land!!as for the pallet...Im going thru a comedy show at the minute...trying to bend wood..first piece snapped,then the rope I was bending it with broke,then I chose a piece of wood that wouldnt fit in the bath to soak it ..then got water everywhere..just as well Julie is at work....

mornin ns ..how are you?addiction makes us do things that defy logic???ha my head does that anyway!!:happy2: hope all is well with you today..

hiya pauly...hows you today then?feeling any better?hope so..are you getting anywhere with your plans? we all want you to succeed...2 pumpkins on the go?I cant get any plants out at the mo...but got a pretty full greenhouse!!Wot is a wet egg????????

hiya Daisy ...hows you today then?rockin??day 21 yeehah ..well done you!!!!see ..you can beat the aul thoughts..hows daughter doing?

mornin Lav...real brew today....genuine beanz straight from the coffee plantation in ermmm.. Manchester!you cant believe we are having snow?likewise jeez...and now the sun is out...needs to change so that I can get the rabbits out..next week will probably re configure the fences..Sandy has a habit of just going behind the hutches or jumping into his ..so she is spending less time actually out in view.....when they are out,he is at the stage now of looking for her...she..just wants food and a kip!!so if I redo the fenceline to isolate the hutches ...job done ....

hiya Sam ..how are you today then?all good..dont think you will be out too much in this!!

hi pie how are you today?not heard from you for a wee while ...everything ok?was bimbling about charity shops yesterday...and came across this cast iron book end

20160429_075310.jpg

trouble is...there was only one...so if anyone sees one let me know...

and for anyone interested in cookery...the Blue Mrs Beetons book is 130 years old...and the red one 116!! both in better condition than me!!

20160429_075347.jpg

hiya Kuya..hows you today then...hows the cold?getting better I hope..just wanted to say tho...I thought this forum was about helping people ...not personal slagging..the comments made about you or your life unless you choose to say have abs nothing to do with anyone else and were bang out of order...we dont always agree in our views but that isnt a pass to start gobbing off...

right good peeps thats it for now see yizall later...have a grand weekend...

I like stupid questions. Some guy's looking at this picture of me with no beard. Then he looks at me and goes, 'You grow a beard?' No, I shave my photos.

A man walks into a bar with a cheese sandwich under his arm. "A pint of Guinness for me and the cheese sandwich," he says to the barman.
    "I'm sorry, sir," replies the barman, "we don't serve food in here."

Wandering inside a pet store, 
I stopped in front of a birdcage to 
admire a parakeet. We watched each other for a few minutes before it asked, “Can’t you talk?”

When a zoo’s gorilla dies, the zookeeper hires an actor to don 
a costume and act like an ape 
until the zoo can get another one.

In the cage, the actor makes faces, swings around, and draws a huge crowd. He then crawls across a partition and atop the 
lion’s cage, infuriating the animal. But the actor stays in character—until he loses his grip and falls into the lion’s cage.

Terrified, the actor shouts, “Help! Help me!” Too late. The lion pounces, opens 
its massive jaws, and whispers, “Shut up! Do you want to get 
us both fired?!”

Poodle: “My life is a mess. My owner is mean, my girlfriend is leaving me for a German shepherd, and I’m nervous as a cat.”
    Collie: “Why don’t you go see a psychiatrist?”
    Poodle: “I can’t. I’m not allowed on the couch.”

A son walks up to his dad and tells him: "Dad, did you know in other countries you don't know who your wife is until you get married?"

His dad replies: "It's like that everywhere son."

Saw some kids building sandcastles on the beach so I ran and jumped on one of them.

Then I wrecked his sandcastle.

How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?

Whereas the party of the first part, also known as "Lawyer", and the party of the second part, also known as "Light Bulb", do hereby and forthwith agree to a transaction wherein the party of the second part shall be removed from the current position as a result of failure to perform previously agreed upon duties, i.e., the lighting, elucidation, and otherwise illumination of the area ranging from the front (north) door, through the entryway, terminating at an area just inside the primary living area, demarcated by the beginning of the carpet, any spillover illumination being at the option of the party of the second part and not required by the aforementioned agreement between the parties.

The aforementioned removal transaction shall include, but not be limited to, the following. The party of the first part shall, with or without elevation at his option, by means of a chair, stepstool, ladder or any other means of elevation, grasp the party of the second part and rotate the party of the second part in a counter-clockwise direction, this point being tendered non-negotiable. Upon reaching a point where the party of the second part becomes fully detached from the receptacle, the party of the first part shall have the option of disposing of the party of the second part in a manner consistent with all relevant and applicable local, state and federal statutes. Once separation and disposal have been achieved, the party of the first part shall have the option of beginning installation. Aforesaid installation shall occur in a manner consistent with the reverse of the procedures described in step one of this self-same document, being careful to note that the rotation should occur in a clockwise direction, this point also being non-negotiable. The above described steps may be performed, at the option of the party of the first part, by any or all agents authorized by him, the objective being to produce the most possible revenue for the Partnership.

My wife has an odd way of starting conversations.

She always begin by saying "Hey, are you even listening?"

I went round my mate's house yesterday and his kids were running round the house screaming.

He looked at me and said, "Don't ever have kids mate."

I said, "Hard work?"

He said, "No, you're an ugly git."

I like going into McDonald's and ordering an Egg McMuffin and a McChicken, just to see which one comes first.

"When one door closes another one opens," he said.

"That's all well and good," I replied, "but until you fix it I'm not buying the car."

What's the rudest type of Elf?

---

The GofckyoursElf.

Do you reckon they called the 'Saw' films saw so that people would say:
    "Did you see saw?"
    "Yeah I saw Saw."
    "Did you see Saw 2?"
    "I saw Saw 2 too"
    "Did you see Saw 3?"
    "No but I saw Saw 4"
    "What did you see Saw 4 before you saw Saw 3 for?"

Do history exams get harder every year?

When I heard they had found a cure for dyslexia, it was music to my arse.

"Beatles or Stones?" I asked my son.

"Why can't I just have something normal for dinner?" he pleaded.

A man on his deathbed requested his wife, 3 sons, his nurse and a camera to be set up to record his final moments. Which were as follows...

"To my son, David, I leave the 2 blocks of flats in the East End of London. To my other son, Michael, I leave the 4 penthouses in Chelsea, and finally to my eldest son, Kevin, I leave the big glass building near Tower Bridge."

With that he slipped away. The nurse turned to the wife and said, "I never realised your husband was so wealthy. You and your sons are very lucky."

His wife swiftly replied, "Was he hell He was a fecking window cleaner!"

I have an app on my phone that makes the sound of a police siren.

Comes in handy if there are long queues in KFC.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

The Prime minister went fishing with his wife.
    On the way they met a farmer on his donkey.
    Upon seeing the Prime minister the farmer said,
    " Prime minister, you should return to Downing St. at once because in just a short time I expect a huge amount of rain to fall in this area".
    The Prime minister was polite and considerate, he replied:
    "I hold the Downing Street meteorologist in high regard.
    He is an extensively educated and experienced professional.
    And besides, I pay him very high wages.
    He gave me a very different forecast.
    I trust him and I will continue on my way."
    So the Prime minister and his wife continued on their way.
    However, a short time later torrential rain fell from the sky.
    The Prime minister and his wife were totally soaked and their entourage chuckled upon seeing them in such a shameful condition.
    Furious, the Prime minister returned to Downing Street and gave the order to fire the professional forecaster.
    Then he summoned the farmer and offered him the prestigious and high paying role of royal forecaster.
    The farmer said,
    "Sir, I do not know anything about forecasting.
    I obtain my information from my donkey.
    If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain."
    So the Prime minister hired the donkey.
    And thus began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in the government and occupy its highest and most influential positions.
    And the practice is unbroken to this day!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Friday!

Looks like a pretty ugly day out there, dark, damp, chilly - not Spring!
      I just may stay inside, make a pot of soup, bake a loaf or two of bread, read a book or something, ha ha!

Mick, thanks for the fresh coffee, makes me feel special!
      I think you have a good understanding of bunny psychology & should probably write a book in the near future. I like your cast iron book end & will definitely keep my eye out for the matching piece

kuya, sorry you are still feeling crappy. Maybe you need some soup too.
      I don't spend as much time on MWO these days so I often miss when someone is acting out & ruffling feathers. I agree with the 'just ignore them' strategy.

Det, I hope you are OK & taking care of yourself. Stay safe!

Hello to Pie, Pauly, Sam, NS & anyone popping in to say HI.
      Have a great AF day everyone.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey Kuya..firstly I have no issue at all with telling you (or anyone else ) that I dont agree with your decisions as I have in the past and more recently with the planned drinking..I was merely stating that I supported you,and the fact that disagreement is not a licence to mouth off at someone on subjects that have no business or indeed place here..we can disagree without resorting to basic levels of insult language and vocabulary..
        Dont know where the word afraid comes into it ..
        As for blanketing all your opinions..firstly I am at a loss as to what you mean..

quite frankly ,I thought this site was about helping people to beat a common enemy ....alcohol not each other...judging by recent comments and snipes, obviously I got that one wrong,ergo I certainly dont want to be part of this bun fight,Im out...
        Last edited by Mick; April 29, 2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody, please let's keep some peace! The real world is too full of conflict,this is supposed to be a safe haven,Mick,wet eggs are scrambled eggs that haven't been cooked long enough, makes me gag and I'm always petrified I'll get salmonella haha,loved the joke about not knowing your wife til marriage joke(ain't that the truth)Kuya,feel better and nobody agrees with everyone ALL the time,I'm sure it was just a general statement, I've no idea what what's his face wrote as it was gone this morning, I dunno what to make of that person at all and I don't really care,Lav,hope your day goes good,off to wrangle food,much love to all,have a great Friday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Like Mick said, I am outta here (and this isn't even my home thread anymore) but I want to make something clear. I was not dismissing all of Kuya's opinions at all. I simply said that I dont always agree with Kuya's opinions - that is not the same as a blanket dismissal. I dont always agree with many others - as they dont always agree with me. For example, Mick and I probably disagree about 50,000 things and then we agree about 50,000 others.
            I was trying to make the point that even if we disagree or have differences of opinion that there is no need to be as vile as SF was. I thought what he said was hurtful and very personal. I was also concerned about that the discussion to assist Pauly might end up about SF (I know I didn't help by responding but I did not want to let it slip). He did his damage to the meds thread as we all know.

Comment

hmmmm, the person who has caused all the angst who did his/her job well is now banned, though I'm sure will return in another guise.....
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

He'll be back Sam,I see we have adverts now, that's a good thing I think,maybe someone's finally taking charge again
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Sam, thanks for the update. How do you know he's banned?
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Originally posted by SKendall View Post
                    Hey Sam, thanks for the update. How do you know he's banned?
                    Kuya posted the person was banned, I have the person blocked but viewed a post and under or above the avatar it reads "Banned".
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Regardless, feels like some damage has been done here and other threads. A troll knows how to work it.
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                      X