Daily Thread - Saturday April 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Thread - Saturday April 30

Morning All, Just on my way out the door and into the rain, for first breakfast with pups of the day. Back later.

Morning all
    thanks for the start up Pie. Still raining your way? We have finally got some rain, I was fearing the onset of a major drought. Now it is looking all nice and lush!

here's a snap of an old house on one of my farm visits. It looks and feels and is so abandoned.

IMG_1826.jpg

Have a good one everyone. doing some office chores today.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Saturday morning Abbers!

Thanks for the startup Pie! I hope you have a fun day with the pups du jour

Sam, there are few abandoned houses around here that look just like the one in you pic. I always think they should be movie sets, ha ha!
      Looks like we are in for varying amounts of rain right thru next weekend, jeez. At least we won't have to worry about dealing with drought conditions.

Hello to Mick, our usual thread starter.
      And hello to everyone dropping in today.
      Have a terrific AF day everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, raining here too,having hubs drive me to work, it floods here too fast,hope everyone has a great day
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi ABsters, a shaky day 2 here. Was so sick yesterday that I couldn't even type anything...really bad day and so glad it's behind me. Think I was going up on the BAC too fast on top of detoxing hard. yeesh. quite a dreary day here too but I'm certainly going nowhere.
          Pie, Sam, Lav, Pauly, and all to come..... wishing you a healthy loving day.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,you can do it! Drink your water,rest,rest,rest I'm proud of you
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

thank you Pauly. i can and must do this.

as Mick pointed out a couple days ago I seem to have this horrible cycle where I'm super AF-Man for a couple months and then out of the blue take a huge leap backwards. Just need to apply every tool in the box to break out of that.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det, striving for balance in everything, everyday has really helped me the most I think.
                I bet a lot of us have Type A personalities with an inborn tendency to overdue....
                At this point I just don't push myself - if something doesn't get done today I'll get to it tomorrow. No more 'hitting the wall', exhausted & frustrated for me. I'm pretty sure that's what led to the self-harming behavior for me. I literally beat myself up with multiple bottles of wine
                Find ways to be nicer to yourself. Treat yourself like you would treat anyone else you love!!

We had a break in the rain so I went outside & clipped a handful of lilacs in my yard. They're just starting to bloom & smell lovely

Peace to all tonight!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Finally done for the day, and all pups in my care are tucked safely in their beds.

Sam, the rain finally did stop midday and the sun came out. Would love to know the history of the house in your pic. There's a TV show I watch called Barnwood Builders where the crew restores old barns, cabins, and the like. Sometimes they salvage the wood, move to a new location, and rebuild. Interesting stuff.

Lav, it's the honeysuckle vines around here that catch my attention with their fragrance. Enjoy your lilacs!

Hi Pauly, how'd your work day go? On my last pet visit, the alarm went off just as I was preparing the dogs' meds, nearly wet my pants! Couldn't reach the homeowner, and ominous voice that came across the alarm pad was not amused that I didn't know the code. This has never happened before; truth is I'm more prepared to deal with a pack of charging dogs than an unfamiliar home alarm system! It finally all got sorted, and now I have the code in case it happens when I go back in the morning.

Det, something Kuya wrote recently resonated with me. It was something to the effect that beating addiction has to do with changing what you value. Think about it.

Mick, I'm looking forward to the Sunday detecting report. Still need to go back to look at Jeeves pics.

Night all. :hug:

Comment

Working...
                  X