tooszdi the third..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tooszdi the third..

good mornin all...how are we today then?bank holiday Monday over here yesterday..it rained ,but later on got the peskies out to play ...still not in the same hutch...but wait...was on ebay yustaday....and bought a kids wooden playhouse..it is 6ft long,5ft 8 in tall and 4ft wide...it has a barn/stable door..the timber is looking good on it..roof needs re felting,but Ive already got a roll of that so basically it needs sprucing up ,re staining and put a coupla windows in it..and an interior mesh door..To buy one new is between £350-400......I got it for £34..............here you go..

$_57 (1).jpg

$_57.jpg

$_12 (1).jpg

$_12 (4).jpg

going to pick it up on thurs night and dismantle it..then start work on it

this was them together last night...he is still very wary ,and gets scared ,but he will get there ..she is just mad ..if it isnt edible ..not interested..she then sleeps ..dreaming of butterflies fairies and such!!

IMG-20160502-WA0000.jpg

right ..brew time..here we go folks..

hiya pie...how did you get on with your friend?hope all is ok...it does give you that wee glow inside when someone says thats nice or appreciates something you have done....especially with some of the history we have,,if you are anything like me..in the past..ach thatll do ..or cant be bothered would have sufficed..then a drink would be involved somewhere down the line..again another of the benefits of not slamming it down our necks ..so well done you..and the k9 crew ?they ok?

morning Lav..you certainly know how to bring it down!!!Woolworths ..jeez!! yes a lot of my younger fashion dress sense came from there...plastic sandals,slip on shoes..the jeans....Wrangler and Levi were maki ng big appearances over here... but Woolworths had their own brand...Wrangler had the w in stitching on the back pockets,Levi had like the seagull shape...but Woolies had a big feckn x on them!!..everyone knew where they had come from...I remember trying to pick the stitiching out to disguise them....failed!!
    forecast over here looks not too bad ..fingers xd the snow and frost have moved on...might put some flowers in the ground today...lets have a brew first ..here you go..

mornin pauly...hows you today ?all good ?take it a crock pot is a slo cooker?they are ace ..just chick everything in and let it do its own thing..glad your Michele has got a job..how come it only takes you 10 mins to fix yer face??If I had to fix mine I would be here day n night!!!..have a good one..

hiya Det...hows shirtless boy wonder today then?all good?nice touch with the birds...hmmmm Alfred Hitchcock springs to mind!!your post ..I've been eating like a horse which is a good sign. glad you are feeling better..tho eating outta trough and crapping on the street probably isnt the way to go...

hey Sam hows you then matey?all goodI hope..how did the dinner go ?were you doing the toonz?Underwater was how I started...use to do Scuba diving before metal detecting....divid the keys in Florida,also John Pennecamp Park, the Red Sea,all round Britain mainland and the Isles of Scilly...I also did underwater archaeology....but had to give it all up..thats how I got into metal detecting...
    watched a prog on telly last night about mushroom farming..wow didnt realise how big and lucrative a market it is ...depending on what you grow...

right peeps for the offski..big hiya Daisy ..you ok?Eloise and gang ..have a good one....

here we go...top 100 one liners

7 We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.
    9 We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
    11 Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    12 War does not determine who is right – only who is left.
    13 If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong.
    14 The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    16 Children: You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 years telling them to sit down and shut-up.
    18 Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    19 Evening news is where they begin with ‘Good evening’, and then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.
    20 A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station..
    21 My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.
    22 I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian
    23 If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of payments.
    24 I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks.
    25 If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
    26 Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
    27 If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea… does that mean that one enjoys it?
    28 Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
    29 How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
    30 Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?
    31 A bank is a place that will lend you money, if you can prove that you don’t need it.
    32 Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
    33 Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
    35 A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
    36 I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with “Guess” on it…so I said “Implants?”
    37 Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
    39 The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
    42 Laugh at your problems, everybody else does.
    43 The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
    44 Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says “If an emergency, notify:” I put “DOCTOR”. What’s my mother going to do?
    45 He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
    47 I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
    48 Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    49 God must love stupid people. He made SO many.
    51 The sole purpose of a child’s middle name, is so he can tell when he’s really in trouble.
    52 Never get into fights with ugly people, they have nothing to lose.
    53 Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.
    54 Never hit a man with glasses. Hit him with a baseball bat.
    55 My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    56 Some people say “If you can’t beat them, join them”. I say “If you can’t beat them, beat them”, because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the
    61 You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
    62 Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.
    63 I discovered I scream the same way whether I’m about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.
    64 A bargain is something you don’t need at a price you can’t resist.
    65 My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you’re ugly too.
    66 I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    67 Money can’t buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
    68 A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.
    69 We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.
    70 You’re never too old to learn something stupid.
    72 A little boy asked his father, “Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?” Father replied, “I don’t know son, I’m still paying.”
    74 Women may not hit harder, but they hit lower.
    75 Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.
    76 There’s a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can’t get away.
    77 I don’t trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn’t die.
    84 I like work. It fascinates me. I sit and look at it for hours.
    85 To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
    86 Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you’re an asshole.
    87 A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it.
    88 A TV can insult your intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
    89 Just remember…if the world didn’t suck, we’d all fall off.
    90 I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, “I’m going to mop the floor with your face.” I said, “You’ll be sorry.” He said, “Oh, yeah? Why?” I said, “Well, you won’t be able to get into the corners very well.”
    91 Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
    92 You are such a good friend that if we were on a sinking ship together and there was only one life jacket… I’d miss you heaps and think of you often.
    93 When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
    94 Hallmark Card: “I’m so miserable without you, it’s almost like you’re still here.”
    96 Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
    97 If winning isn’t everything why do they keep score?
    98 If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you’ll have trouble putting on your pants.
    99 If you are supposed to learn from your mistakes, why do some people have more than one child.
    100 Whoever coined the phrase “Quiet as a mouse” has never stepped on one.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

it was going to be the top 100...but the word police got to me and made me reduce the size!!!

A Scottish Soldier, in full dress uniform, marches
    into a pharmacy.
    Very carefully he opens his sporran and pulls out
    a neatly folded cotton bandana, unfolds it to reveal
    a smaller silk square handkerchief, which he also
    unfolds - to reveal a condom.
    The condom has a number of patches on it.
    The chemist holds it up and eyes it critically.
    "How much to repair it?' The Scot asks the chemist.
    "Six pence" says the chemist.
    "How much for a new one?"
    "Ten pence" says the chemist.
    The Scot painstakingly folds the condom into the
    silk square handkerchief and the cotton bandana,
    replaces it carefully in his sporran, and marches
    out of the door, shoulders back and kilt swinging.
    A moment or two later the chemist hears a great
    shout go up outside, followed by an even greater
    shout.
    The Scottish soldier marches back into the
    chemist’s and addresses the proprietor, this time
    with a grin on his face.
    "The regiment has taken a vote," he says.
    We'll have a new one."
    Last edited by Mick; May 3, 2016, 04:04 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,funny list haha and Louie would love that little playhouse not much going on with me,just trying to figure out how to change my thinking, I get caught up in a lot of negative thoughts out of nowhere,over nothing and I don't want that happening, figured I'd talk it out here instead of bottling it up,was cleaning up yesterday and thought to myself that I really hate cleaning, always have its like a punishment haha,usually I just pay Michelle but she was sleeping, oh well at least its done,there was some A-1 sauce squirted on the wall cuz hubs grabbed it after me and I didn't have the lid on tight so he shook it and it went everywhere, kinda funny thinking of it much love to all,need food,have a nice Tuesday my peeps
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Abbers!

Dark & damp still.....
        Had big thunderstorms last evening too!

Mick, looks like you have a girl there with real ATTITUDE, ha ha!
        I like the wooden shed - you wil have fun rehabbing that one, for sure

I am going to try to get out to Curves between storms here. I'll check in later.
        Have a great AF day one & all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning All, Great one-liners, Mick! What will you use the playhouse for? Part of the rabbit housing compound, maybe?

Hi Pauly, got some negativity swirling in my head today too. Keep dwelling on the rudeness my brother treated me with yesterday, but trying to shake it off. For sure, I did/said stupid things while drinking, but truly don't think I've earned the level of hatred he seems to feel towards me.

Lav, do you think your brother hates you? Over drinking?

Well, gonna get some things accomplished today, despite the low energy. I'm glad y'all are here this morning for me to touch base with. Always a bright spot!

Comment

pie,the playhouse will be there new house,that means the hutches can go...it also means that I dont have to worry about sheeting down the front when it rains etc...

Pauly ..good for you for coming on her talking about the negative thoughts..do you wanna go into them in detail here or pm..>if not it doesnt matter....just take your time with them ..sort them out one at a time...even write them down and throw the paper away after if its private..write the negs down ..one by one ..separate them before you do ..try and find the positive to each..there will be one...get a coffe or drink ov pop /water while you are doing it..that way you start to chill out...hope it helps ..but well done you ..

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers,

Despite my best efforts to shield myself from the family shitstorm I think I've been hit, ha ha!
              My daughter's FIL is 79 & in very poor condition in the hospital. I am trying to talk her thru all this but it's not easy dealing with that big, over-emotional, dramatically inclined Italian family, if you know what I mean. Don't mean to offend anyone but I have dealt with families like this for > 30 years. Ugh, not easy. Now my granddaughter is about to be tossed out of another preK program because - she's too dramatic
              YB is finalizing his retirement plans for Mid-June & is driving me up the wall with his chronic negativity. And, just because nothing else was going on in my life I've been assigned to be the driver for the boys tomorrow, to & from school then back here for dinner.
              Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Pauly, you are not alone. I hate cleaning too & actually resent it most of the time. Trying to get the other adults you live with to help or at least clean up after themselves is a joke.
              Screw it, just go out for a walk or something

Pie, I have two brothers left, one passed away almost 3 years ago.
              The older one is a miserable, chronic drunk & doesn't take kindly to anything I have to say.
              The younger brother thinks he is right, everyone else is wrong. If your opinion happens yo differ from his then you are wrong. Screw both of them! I can't do anything to change their closed up, rigid minds.

Other than that - it's been a great day so far!

PEACE
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

You're my role model, Lav :hug:. I'm doing much better with not trying to "fix" or run interference in others' relationships. Byrdie gave me a great image one time of a triangle connecting 3 people. We can have some effect on our relationships with each of the others but not much on the one they share. But sometimes we can't even affect those direct relationships and either have to fight or let it go. Turns out that for me, most things are not worth the fight.

Pie, I was wondering if you'd ever just come out and asked your brother what the problem is? Maybe there's a misunderstanding there that could be straightened out enough to make your interactions at least more tolerable.

Pauly, good to see you "talking". Keep going if you're still feeling weird! xx, NS

PS: Mick, there were some great ones in the list! Thanks.

Comment

Mick you are a KING, what a bunny palace!

:thumbsups::flowerspop::thumbsups:
                  (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Lav, just be prepared for his retirement. Does he have any hobbies that will keep him Really, reallybusy? My husband drove me absolutely bonkers and he tried to take over my kitchen, along with everything else. I threw my hands up one day when he was arranging flowers! That's why they call retirement grey divorce. It's the first time you're alone with your spouse in how long?

This is in no way to scare you, but you need a plan. You and Him! lol. I became a volunteer and joined a garden club to take ME out of the house!!

I'm sure it will be just fine, and good luck.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Lav,I always took you as a cleaning freak haha! The negative thoughts have passed...for now,I DON'T want to be like YB,was driving and thinking that life's too damn short to focus on the negative but I will talk it out here when it creeps in again, thanks everyone
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Afternoon all, well, technically i suppose it is evening but still light out here. kinda a strange day, went to work but there was a board meeting, which everyone goes to but me (part time hep), but the board voted on me being full time so part wasn't strange. Got home and decided to clean out a barn so I took 2 loads of metal and batteries to the recycle, second load I got soaked in the rain, made over $100! So I guess that wasn't so strange. ok so maybe it wasn't a strange day, just wasn't I planned.

Mick, I'd heard the condom one differently, they decided to repair it! Kool shed!

Pi, know all about that hate stuff from one my brothers. Don't dwell on it, that's his dang problem. Who you were drinking is not who you are.

Lav, make sure whatever hobby you get for YB involves travel!

Off to dinner
                        hello to you NS, SK, Pauly, Eloise, Det, and where the heck are PQ?

Sam
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

salutations ABerooos!

Mick, thanks for the funnies and bunny palace picks...grand.

so... it's family drama day..oh my. So sorry to hear several of us dealing with that. I think it was Krishnamurti that said 'if you think you are enlightened try spending a week with your parents' ha!

Sam, yep I seem to have the meds sorted happy to say. no longer any side-effects.

Well I'm almost done making the curry I intended to make last night. d-oh! smells amazing in here.

up early tomorrow to go for a hike with a friend....I'm gonna be so sore, but happy.

off to check curry

be well loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

omg SKendall this is my life now, but we are not retired.
                            I guess it is normal that we are driving each other crazy (I mean he is making me crazy always is MY art space... eating... blahblahblahing... ).
                            Too much together time. Okay, thanks for posting as it helps me to see things a bit more for what they are.

Comment

Sounds like a pretty okay day there Sam!

Comment

Working...
                              X