X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helpful site for those starting out

Recovery Research Institute

.... from their website....
    "At the Recovery Research Institute (RRI), our aim is to present the evidence about addiction recovery and how you can achieve it on your own, by engaging with communities that support recovery, or by seeking treatment. We hope you will get involved, sign up for our newsletter, and contribute to our understanding of recovery through research".
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Just had a squizz. Excellent! Thanks Eloise.

I didn't know there were 'recovery high schools' in the states. What a gr8 initiative.

Market Study – The Association Of Recovery Schools

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Me either G, cool!
      As I come up on my 2nd year sober I realise how I am only starting to understand how truly profound this problem is for me. It isn't a matter of just quitting and forgetting about it.
      I need to base my understanding about this problem on scientific research, also because I find this approach addresses the stigma problem for me. We (and those in my family) have this issue, we also have other very positive traits. Alcoholism just happens to be a negative one, oh well, I am just going to look the problem in the eye and try to understand it.

Comment

Yep. I am finding it very useful and actually healing in some ways to learn and understand what is happening to me biochemically with booze, and why how where that chemistry takes my head! It has removed a lot of fear and stress actually.

Knowledge is power.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I also find it rather bizarre it is taking me so long to really feel better.
          I guess I just imagined stopping drinking would do the trick. It is logical that over all those years of drinking I also developed other problems as a byproduct of the drinking?
          Or not, who really knows? I could have developed anxiety issues anyway, the drinking just made it impossible to sort out.
          Each time I come up with some 'extra' thing for me to incorporate into my life; horses, focusing on my art, yoga, mindfulness etc, I get a little closer to becoming the old me.
          That said, it really does require a pretty big effort, but all worth it.

Comment

Another good quote from the Recovery Research Institute

There are many myths about addiction recovery. It is our purpose to accurately inform the public by presenting the evidence-based facts. By doing so, we hope to dispel myths and destigmatize addiction and recovery.

Yeah, love that!

Comment

Working...
            X