sat 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat 14th

mornin all ..how are we today?guess the 13th kept everyone away huh?oh well ...weather over here pretty good,rabbits out playing/digging!!got some planting up to do today ,and also move the other rabbit hutch,got a guy coming on Monday to start repointing the back of the house,the weather really batters it..out detecting tomorrow..
    big brews all round..(well the 3 of us!)
    hiya Lav how are you today?on kid watch this weekend?snails have started making an unwelcome appearance in the garden..already eating the chard plants,and the marigolds too...

hiya pauly ..how are you today?know exactly how you feel abut the screens..was messing with oil and got it all over my glasses..its like looking thru a fog!!so hows your weekend going?are you working?have a good one anyway..

well that was the kwickest brews ever!!!have a great day everyone....
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Saturday morning Mick & all Abbers!

Starting the day here with sunshine & blue skies, very nice but it's not going to last. I hear another round of gusty storms is moving in this afternoon, boo hiss.
    YB & our son are out on a fishing trip off the coast of NJ today. I sure hope the boat captain keeps his eye on the sky & gets back in safely, geez.

Mick, do you have to go out & hand pick the snails from your garden? I think maybe you could use a couple of chickens to help, ha ha!! They are pretty good at going after bugs but also have no problem eating the plants
    No weekend plans for me except for holding the fort down on my own around here, oh well.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!
    Det, how are you doing? Let us know.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,love the new avatar Lav,Det checked in on Thursdays thread yesterday,hope he's detoxing safely now,been soooo quiet around here lately,the nest too,wonder why? People just out enjoying spring Iguess,wworking today with my two fave(haha) coworkers, time to hit my"ignore" button,hope everyone has a great Saturday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all
        well I can't believe I missed a Friday the 13th post since Friday the 13th was on a Friday this time!! I went to a memorial service yesterday after deed work for a person who used to have me and some fellow noise makers (musicians) play at his Xmas parties. He passed away this spring and his wife asked to come play once more for their celebration or memorial party for him. Lots of good food, of course lots of booze and very many nice folks. Didn't get away till rather late. Played about 4-5 hours. I was kinda exhausted near the end but in a good way.

Still cleaning out my old survey office, trying to get all my junk back here. I gots to build a shed for all the deed files we accumulated over the last 25 years. Then I got to move them. that'll take a few trips, couple of large flat files. I'm reminded of the saying if you had it all, where would you put it??

Well hope everyone had a luverly day. Looks like our rain stopped for a bit so I need to get out and get these darn cows moved.

Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

That's a long time to play, Sam! It sounds like it was a good experience, though. It finally wasn't raining yesterday so I got some plants in - just in time for another cold front to move in. They're probably in shock now. It's been a challenging spring weather-wise in the midwest.

Comment

I think all of us are on Facebook - take a look at the picture I posted this evening after our second storm. An extremely colorful sky, taken just with my iPhone.

NS, I am still holding off planting things because the night time temps are so cool.

Sam, you need a pied piper to move those cows, ha ha!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X