wedingzdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wedingzdi

morn all.jus!!..11 35 it is raining ,bee n to the dump with a load of rubbish,dentist appointment,guy coming to point the hoose...apart from that pretty quiet..so time for a brew...all in ?Hope everyone is well....

hey Sam...hows you then?wife away...yeehah...paper plates ..no washing up ...hmmmm what healthy option meal shall I have tonight?ha...and loadsa toons..oh boy..enjoy..Im sure you will be left a list!!

hi Lav...so bugs have been munching on the plants?I put marigolds in as the sacrificial plants...makes not a jot of difference..they use them as a starter!!!the ones I have grown in containers are doing well ..they arent being touched...here you go ..big brew..

hiya Det glad to see you back...hows it going friend?you back on an even keel now?hopefully so..

hey pauly hows you today then?all good ...so the cucumbers never made it?l same here ..off to curl me mop!!

rightfolks big shout to everyone...hope you all have a great af day...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mae everybody,hi Mick does anybody else feel like MWO has lost its mojo? All across the boards its dead,dead,dead,kinda makes posting feel pointless in a way,wonder if people have moved on?who knows, not much going on here,sun us shining so that's a plus, yesterday was overcast all day,dreary but no rain,hope everyone has a great Wednesday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers.
      Didn't post this morning but it took me SO LONG to drag myself thru the motions of getting up & dressed. I ran out of time & had to leave to go to Curves, ha ha.
      This is day 20 of the current cloudy & damp weather. Absolutely everyone around here is dragging their butts & basically just miserable. Pray for sun soon!

Mick, you sound as busy as usual!
      I really think the herd of wild bunnies around here are chewing up the garden. YB thinks it is bugs but can't find any. Who knows?? There will be enough left for us

Pauly, the threads do seem kind of quiet lately. Maybe folks are out enjoying a nice spring but they sure don't live on the east coast! I remember being extra busy dealing with end of school year activities with the kids too. It's not pointless to just jump in & say hello.

Well, I am saying hello to everyone & wishing forca great AF day for one & all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

God I'm so nervous, one of my coworkers didn't show up today,tried to call her nothing, one of the girls went to her apartment and knocked no answer but her car was in the lot,Ihhope nothing happened, I'm scared

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

evening look see for moi today. Late night early morning makes Sam a worthless tick sometimes, BUT not today... Wife took off early today too. She called around noon, lost... she is quite intimidated when it comes to traveling alone.

Mick, like the avatar! all that bonding includes you too, easy to get attached to animals, no doubt. Paper plates heck, now I'm going to dirty up all that fancy China made in China.

Pauly, I think the threads come and go. there does not appear to be many post, I agree. I think it is a seasonal thing. I find it hard to settle down in the summer when so much is going on. Yet I find it worthwhile to look in at the very least. This is where and how I got sober and so I look in to see how folks are doing even though not one word of drinking may be written and if there is someone asking for help, then the purpose of the site has a chance to help..... I hope your friend is ok.

Lav, been hearing rumor of lots of rain this weekend. Dang, every time I git ready to do sumpin it rains!

Be well good friends, Det, keep on coming back. Meds get straightened out?

Mick, any word from PQ?

later Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thank goodness, just heard from one of my other coworkers, I guess she was stuck in Laughlin broke down and a dead phone,kinda pissed cuz she could have borrowed someone's phone to let us know,grrrr,

Comment

Pauly, so glad your coworker surfaced!! Scary when stuff like that happens!

Sam, I agree, the threads wax and wane quite a bit, so every post counts!

Happy Birthday, Kuya! Hope you had a great day!!!! :balloons:
              Byrdie
              Last edited by Byrdlady; May 18, 2016, 08:18 PM.
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Greetings Mick, Pauly, Lav, Sam, Byrdy and others. Finally finished today doing everything I can manage to get Dad's house ready to sell. It's officially on the market tomorrow. Meantime, Dad has decided he wants to live somewhere with 24/7 care, rather than here. His needs really are extensive, so tomorrow I have a meeting to try to get him a placement though the VA, at least for 30 days while we figure out the long term.

So, so many situations have arisen that make me long for the numbness. And I think of you guys. And I think how inept I would be at maneuvering through all that's going on right now, if I were drinking. And so I push the drinking thoughts aside. It's working.

Comment

Pie, even though you just renovated your house to accommodate your Dad it may be a good thing for him to look into a LTC facility - especially if it will make him feel safer. I'm sure he's thinking about the strain on you as well.
                  My Dad, on the other hand wanted me to quit my job to stay home & take care of him. I would have bitten my arms off before doing something like that. He said he would pay me what the hospital was paying me - uh, no. He had no idea what I was being paid & I'm sure my brothers would have loudly objected. I understand the wanting to numb yourself but we know now that that's not the answer. You are a good daughter & owe yourself something better than a bottle of booze. Hang in there :hug:

Pauly, sorry your friend worried you. Obviously she wasn't too concerned about other's feelings today, sorry.

Sam, we are supposed to have a dry Friday & soaking rain on Saturday, yuck. I certainly have had enough. I hope your wife found her way OK. I am not a happy camper driving alone in unfamiliar territory either.

Hi there Byrdie!
                  Kuya, happy birthday

Wishing everyone a peaceful night.
                  I am heading out early in the am for granddaughter day!!

Peace to everyone tonight!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X