its Monday again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its Monday again!!

morning all...how are we today then?good weekend..hope so...out detecting yesterday the weather was gorious...and yet up this way it was pouring down!!yesterdays haul wasnt too bad...considering here had been a good few people on the same fields previously...I got a 15th century counting jetton,21 Roman bronze coins,mosly really worn but some legible,and this trade token...I prefer these sort of thing ..it gives an insight into the social history of the times...this token was made around the mid to late 1600s and could be spent at the shop of Edward Coddrington..a greengrocer in Grantham ,Lincs..a lot of places used these trade tokens as currency,mostly issued in pennies and halfpennies..at the time coins of the realm of the same were big and clumsy,but also the coinage was designed for the working /poorer classes...history lesson finished..I am pretty sure the idea was taken to America with the pilgrim fathers...cant see any Brit turning down the idea to make money..literally..

Lincs 101 002.jpg

brew time it is then.......

mornin will do you ..how you then?what have you been up to in the last few years ..anything good or just life in general?

hiy Lav...hows you today then?all good after the docs visit?heres some extra iron coffee to help you out...anything planned or as it comes?

hiya pauly ..well how did your weekend go ?do you work weekendz?hows the rest of the gang doing?have a good day ....

hiya everyone else ,hope your weekend was good ,no matter what you did ..take it easy and have a great day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick! Sounds like an interesting day you had.
    My wee woman is now overdue by 9 days! A great way for anyone to stay sober.....keep the nanny waiting.
    My sister had a party last night which I hear was very messy.....happy to not have been a part of it.
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

morning all
      thanks for the brew, Mick and I enjoyed the lesson! Hope your day goes well as well.

busy weekend, lots of tunes throughout, the cat's away, I gotta play. Lots of rain as well. clearing today???! haven't look at the forecast but right now it is still showering.

off and running, Nice shot of the moon, Det

later
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
        Morning Mick! Sounds like an interesting day you had.
        My wee woman is now overdue by 9 days! A great way for anyone to stay sober.....keep the nanny waiting.
        My sister had a party last night which I hear was very messy.....happy to not have been a part of it.
        hiya daisy...well done you for dodgin the messy party..today could have been a "sh.t what did I do /say"day with a generous helping of sore head and kids screamin today..plus the arguments and quarrels..you did well girl....9 days over due???jeez much longer and she should be charging the baby lodging for stayin in there!!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I'm just now sitting down to catch up with everyone, phew! Busy day!!!

Mick, my grandson was here a few days ago scrubbing the 'dirt' off of an old penny. When he was done I asked him what year was on it & he said '1958, really, really old', ha ha!!! He didn't believe me when I told him that I am 5 years older than that penny, ha ha!!!
          Looks like you had a very productive day, good for you!

Daisy, I feel for your daughter. My first born was 11 days late - I couldn't take it anymore, geez!!! Glad you are staying strong & granny-ready

Sam, we had half a day with sun & blue sky - then the thunder storm rolled in, oh well.

Det, nice moon shot there buddy

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X