wed 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wed 8th

mornin all..how are we doing ?dont know what the weather is like where you are but its a bit mad here at the mo..was up at 4.30 this morning...the sun was up and out playing already...we had a storm last night ,but really it was a non starter..the rain was dry before it hit the ground!!rabbits are out playing,Jeeves at 5 am theis morning..in fact all these pics were taken then..was playing in the garden and the greenhouse yesterday

20160608_062000.jpg

20160608_061905.jpg

brew time it is....

hiya SF...long time ..glad you are doing good..Interesting breakdown of the drinking figures..bet ours arent much different...thing is ..booze is such a massive revenue collector,for both the companies and the government,its kinda shoot yourself in the foot time for them...

yo Mr G...ermmmmm thanks for the joke.............hows you down there in the land under?all good today mate ?

hi Sam the rocker..hows you today mate? up earlier were we?are you out on the land today?

hiya pie ..hows the house going ..yep def got my fingers xd for you..as for sleep..I usually get by on about 5hrs a night...but thats obviously seasonally dependant...and the added bonus of not feeling rubbish adds sstrength to that..

hiya pauly ..hows you today then?owt going on?

hiya Lav...big brew time ...are you in the garden today then?I did a bit yesterda..double dug in 4 bags of manure,planted up the beetroot and leeks...heres my greenhouse...and the surrounding foliage..chard courgettes (flowering)cabbage ,cauli ..and inside all my tomato plants!

20160608_061811.jpg

20160605_121845.jpg

hiya byrdie...great to see yall (hee hee)over here on this fred..sorted...congrats on getting the job..thats it then ..job done ..ready to start!!chill time now for you!!

hi det nice to see you back in the driving seat friend,lets try and make it the last dismount!...

right peeps going to try and get some jokes up ..have a good one...

My boss told me yesterday, “Ken, you shouldn't dress for the job you have, dress for the job you want”.

But when I turned up at the office today in Ghostbusters clothes, the dog said I was fired.

What do you get if you crossbreed a cute Easter rabbit with an insect?
    Bugs Bunny.

My dog once ate all the Scrabble tiles. He kept leaving messages around the house for days.

Around 50% of our youth sees the future in a positive way. The other half doesn’t have the money to buy the drugs.

An optimist sees light at the end of a tunnel and thinks it’s an exit.

A pessimist sees light at the end of a tunnel and assumes it is an onrushing train.

The train conductor sees two stupid guys staggering on train tracks.

Two friends are talking, one says: “Man, I fell off a thirty-foot long ladder yesterday.”
    “Oh no, dude, are you alright?!” inquires the other one, shocked.
    “Yeah, I’m OK, I was only on the second rung then.”

Two men are stranded on a deserted island. One despairs, but the other one claps him assuredly on the back and says, “Don’t worry, they will definitely find us, and soon.”
    “Really? Why do you think so?” asks the despairing one.
    “I owe the IRS five years’ worth of taxes.”

“Excuse me, sir, have you seen a police officer around?”
    “No, not a soul, actually.”
    “Very good, now give me your wallet, watch and laptop!”

What is see-through and smells of carrots?
    A rabbit fart.

Important note from a car manual:

Backing rapidly at a tree significantly reduces your trunk space.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning all
    thanks for the brew, Mick. I just looked in on the other fred you spoke of and it is a good one, yet I'm afraid it speaks to our dilemma, few posts and not a new face in the mix. So it goes....

Short on time so I'll give a howdy dooty to everyone popping by. Look in later,
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Ahh, starting the day with pics from the land of Mick. Seems such a nice life you've created for yourself, my friend.

8am will find me in the dentist's chair, begging for antibiotics for a troublesome tooth. No word yet on contract for Dad's house; surely it will come in today? An ancient and blind pup is my house-guest for this week. Pretty dang proud that she was entrusted to me, and I aim to keep her happy while she's here.

I was out last night from about 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Still amazes me that I once lost this freedom to drinking. Not anymore!

Greetings to Sam, Lav, Pauly, Det, SF, G, Byrdie, TT, NS, and others who may pop in.
      Last edited by Pie; June 8, 2016, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Wish you all the best at the dentist I am back next week ..As for the dog..I am sure he will be spoilt! !!!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning Abbers & happy Hump day

Some sort of cold front moved in overnight so today temps will be pleasant & not so humid, yay!

Mick, I forgot to tell you that the green house delivery has been delayed three weeks due to some mixup from the shipper in Germany. It will get here eventually I suppose. Until then I will play around outside when I have time
          Your garden is looking great as usual!

Det, so happy to see you back & I wish you the best! Great to hear you found a new doc to help out!

SF, nice to see you as well. The grocery stores here in PA are about to start selling wine too. I am happy that it's taken so long for the state to have come to this decision. It won't be a problem for me now but it probably would have been 5 or 6 years ago. It's all about the money, for sure

Pie, I have experience in dealing with nursing home ready dogs - boy, do I ever!!! Good luck with your guest & good luck with the house sale & the dentist!!

Sam, only 61 degrees here this morning & it's not even going to hit 70 - nice!

Hello to Pauly, Byrdie, TT, NS & everyone dropping in today.
          Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,SF,you made a great point of who's buying the booze,you can tell its geared toward the younger crowd by the flavors they come up with,hard root beer,lemonade,fruit flavors,tea,the list goes on and on and as gearing toward alcoholics the %of al is up as are the size of beer cans so it does make sense,good to see you btw Lav,that sucks! Now 3 more weeks that he won't have something to occupy him haha,hello Sam,Mick,Det,Pie all readers,hope we all have a great Wednesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mick, your yard looks like a magazine spread! I can't believe how you change things around all the time! Love the raised bed! That Jeeves is a rascal! He is growing right before our eyes! I will have to go check out that article, SF!

A Chamber of Commerce day here today. Sunny, nary a cloud and low humidity! Hope everyone has a great day, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie ...Jeeves the rascal...definitely...he now waits till the garage door from the conservatory gets opened and shoots straight in there...and then just is complete pain to get out..he thinks its a great game..Julie reckons he is like me ..not black and white with big ears....but cant stay still ....doesnt do sitting around...temp today 31..humidity 94%..probably snow tomorrow!hows your world today ?

Comment

Seems I was channeling our Mick today. First my dentist kept me in the chair for FIVE HOURS!! And I have to go back next month. :eek-new:

And then I saw this jackrabbit at Dad's house
                  Jackrabbit.jpg

Going to have to pay atenshun to my spelling. Uh oh...

Comment

Mick....yep....massive revenue collector on so many fronts. It's just sad that the majority of the revenue is generated by people who either should not be drinking or have a problem. It's really a sick game.

Lav...in most cases the liquor store is literally right next door to the grocery store here. So most people just did their shopping and walked 10 feet to the liquor store anyways.

Pauly...I almost laughed out loud when everyone got excited that we would now be selling 8 percent beer. And the flavored are ridiculous. Sometimes I don't even recognize that it's even alcohol until the machine beeps. And sometimes the customer didn't even know that it was alcohol either!

So I've been popping into AA meetings. I think I finally realized that I just need some face2face and that is what what works for me. I have found a circle of meetings that are pretty good...no booze talking...no shame....real stuff that helps. These are hard to find.

So last week I dropped into a women's meeting. There is this woman with her "emotional companion dog"....just don't get me started on this shit. People bring them into the store all the time, there is no training and you can get your pet certified on-line.....and there are health codes....please get your purse dog out of the freaking salad bar! And the certification sites advertise that you should get your "pet" certified to save on "pet siting" costs. Mick...I do believe you can get your bunnies certified.

Back to woman with dog at meeting. She proceeds to get on the floor and cuddle with this dog during the meeting. And it's just so outrageous. Then a light bulb goes off. I know this woman! Not personally, but from the big screen. She then has talk.....and everyone needs to listen to her....because well after all she is ms. Big Shit. I was so annoyed, but in a way it was like watching a train wreck....I couldn't help myself....but to go back again tonight.

Great...I'm late and the only seat open is next to her. No dog today. But at the end...she turns to me and says...."would you like me to be your sponsor" with this creepy grin. I just looked up,and said...."thanks but I have one that I like". Total lie. She looked all miffed and I just left.

I think I'll try to restrain myself from going to that meeting next week.

Comment

hey hey ABsters!

finally got my buttox back to the Thai kickboxing gym after WAY too long of a hiatus. Feeling the endorphines and sweating like a maniac was just incredible. It helps that a sober buddy of mine runs the joint and we had a great chat too.

Mick, thanks for the marvelous blastoff from rabbit central and the funnies. The IRS joke was almost too realistic to be funny.

Pie, 5 freaking hours in the torture chamber? egad! so sorry to hear that.

Sun, the dog in the salad bar brings up some pretty funny imagery

well, I'm going to the gym again tomorrow...trying not to break any of my body parts.

shouts to Pauly, Lav, Sam, Byrdlady and anyone I've missed.

be well peeps
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X