Poets day 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poets day 10th

mornin all...and how is the world on this fine day then?all good?its raining here but still very muggy..thats as in weather not gettin robbed!!:egad:start of the weekend then..brew time and on we go..made a door stop yesterday,just to stop the door from banging in the kitchen...as its a pine door,thought I would make this out of scrap wood..yep I couldve bought one from poundland but it wouldnt have looked the same..bit of wood stain and beeswax ..job done!

20160609_160001.jpg

20160609_155950.jpg

tied up my tomato plants so there is a bit of room in the greenhouse...

right brew time it is..

morning Sam ..hows you today then mate?do you hafta work weekends too?

Det great pic..Ive got a few like that ..took them messing about with my phone Samsung S5......well have you taken dx to the airport?thats it a week of greasy joes fish n chips on a paper plate now..ha ha..

hiya byrdie..how you then ...fanx for jumping in..as for floation devices for those 2..ha! Sand would need a lifeboat ..and him...well he would just go digging underwater..took this pic of him tonight...can we guess what he has been doing children??

20160609_180148.jpg

have a great day...enjoy you will soon be back at work...

hi Mr G hows life in the land down under ?all good hopefully ...whatcha up to this weekend?anything exciting?have a good one anyway..

hiya SF...hows you then?all good I hope..just about to send off my 300 bucks to register the wabbitz as my emotional stability aids..not that anyone who has at least one cell working will believe that 2 wabbits balance my mental and emotional stability!! talking about support animals..there is a great programme just started over here ..they take rescue dogs and train them to help people..es help ..not just to fart about on someones lap..its only just started ..I have seen the first one..heres the you tube trailer .the prog is not released yet on you tube but it will be I guess YouTube Intersting on the play on words on organic..if Target is one store ...guess yours must begin with a w?also Aldi are on the way into the us if they aint already there..30% cheaper than wal mart..and organic too they reckon according to their blurb..as for the dentist ...Im in the chair at 3 on monday...

FOUND THIS ON YOU TUBE..I was crying with laughter!!

YouTube

hiya pie..your post..the tail wagging is priceless...got to agree ..well done to you for making him/her comfortable and happy..short but really nice post..

hiya pauly hows you?still hittin the big numbers in the weather game?you doing anything this weekend?have a good one .

morn Lav..well how many more calls have you had then?heres a brew while you wait for the next one?you grandson watching this weekend?whatever you are doing have a great one

hiya ns...hope all is well with you take it you are static at the mo?not in travellin mode?Interesting posts about the booze that you bought..I guess we all do bappy things at times ..its what we then do that counts,even now in the house I have got about 5 pints of whisky and dark rum..all in sealed pussers rum and Royal Doulton jugs and ornaments..if it ever came to the crunch and I intended to drink them...I would without question smash them all first so that I couldnt!! one smashed once ..a commemorative litre of rum..jeez the house stank for days!!!!

right folks ..time to mosey ..have a good one....

Patient: Doctor help me please, every time I drink a cup of coffee I get this intense stinging in my eye.

Doctor: I suggest you remove the spoon before drinking

What do you get when you cross-breed a shark and a cow?
    I have no idea but I wouldn’t try milking it.

9 out of 10 voices in my head are telling me that I am too fat. The last one is calmly preparing a bowl of chips.

Husband brings the child home from kindergarten and asks his wife, "He’s been crying the whole way home. Isn’t he sick or something?" "No," replies the wife, "he was just trying to tell you he isn’t our Frankie."

Farting in a lift is wrong on so many levels!

Two police officers crash their car into a tree. After a moment of silence, one of them says, “Wow, that’s got to be the fastest we ever got to the accident site.”

Two toothpicks are waiting at the traffic light when a hedgehog comes by. They look at him silently and then one toothpick says to the other, "Huh, so there's even buses..."

How can they call it Alcoholics Anonymous when the first thing you do is you stand up and say,
    ‘My name is John and I am an alcoholic’?

Make criminals pay, study to become a lawyer.

A man in a butcher shop: "I would like bull testicles please"
    Butcher: "Me too"

Mum, I'm already 14, can't I finally get a bra?!
    NO Harold!

Two men are discussing their lives. One says, "I’m getting married. I’m sick of a messy apartment, dirty dishes, and no clothes to wear." The other one says, "Hey, I’m getting divorced for the same reasons."

A man hired a lawyer when he got sued by his company for embezzlement of many millions. At the beginning of the process, the lawyer kindly reassured him: „Don’t worry, you’ll never go to jail with that amount of money.“
    And the lawyer was right. When the man did go to jail eventually, he didn’t have a penny anymore.

Two fortune tellers meet. First one says, “We’re going to have a hot summer again.” The second one sighs happily: “Yes, it reminds me of the summer in 2092…”

"Please help me doctor, I have a bowel movement every morning at 7!"
    "But that is a very healthy thing, Mr. Richards!"
    "It would be, if I didn't usually wake up at 8:30!"

Little Johnny once bought his Grandma a very nice, luxurious toilet brush for her birthday. But when he went to visit her a couple of weeks later, it wasn't in the bathroom.
    Little Johnny asked his Grandma, “Gran, what happened to the toilet brush I gave you?”
    “Darling, I'm sorry but I just didn’t like it. After all those years, I’ve gotten used to the toilet paper, and this new thing was just too scratchy.”

They say money doesn't bring you happiness. Still, it is better to verify things for yourself.

Why did the dinosaur cross the road?
    Because the chicken hasn’t evolved yet.

facts
    25% of all bottled water (in the US at least) comes from the city tap.

To encourage their young to train for combat, adult lions pretend to be really hurt by the cubs’ nips.

Steve Jobs’ father was a Syrian immigrant.

In 1913, a survey was carried out among US children working in tough conditions in factories. 412 of the 500 surveyed children said they would rather continue working in the sweatshops than face the “monotony, humiliation and cruelty” of school.

The Indian village of Marottichal put a ban on alcohol. The entire population turned to chess and now boasts 100% chess literacy and the nickname of “Chess Village”.
    The human heart can squirt blood to a distance of 30 feet.
    Soviet tenor, Victor Ivanovich Nikitin, had such a captivating voice that as he sung to his Soviet comrades, the German troops on the Eastern Front during WW2 stopped their fire to listen to him.

Orange juice tastes bad after you’ve brushed your teeth because the toothpaste blocks the sweetness receptors on your tongue.

A Malaysian species of ants has a suicidal form of defense – when the worker ants are disturbed by intruders, they rupture their stomach membrane, releasing a mix of chemicals that immobilizes the invader – also causing their own death. Think about it the next time you disturb your colleague.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    overslept so I be to rush around. Had an interrupted sleep last night, baby chicks started hatching and I was in panic mode.....
    NOW WHAT???!! figured I had a couple more days to get ready.

thanks for the brew, Mick, love the door stop!

gots to run,
    be well good friends, enjoyed reading all last night
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MICK, that picture of Jeeves with a dirty mouth!!!! Bahahahah, in my business we call that a CLUE! Oh how funny! Great YouTube also! The doorstop is very cool, too! It looks hoppy!!!
      Sam, I may have missed it, how many chicks hatched? How exciting!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

sleepy greetings ABeroooos!

Mick, since you have two emotional support wabbits you could call them 'left brain' and 'right brain'....
        did I mention I'm sleepy? BTW even your door stops look fantastic. Now you've mentioned fish and chips that's what I want for breakfast..... agh!

Got Dx to airport at O'dark Thirty and planned to go back to bed but that's not working so here I am stumbling around half awake.

Sam, sounds like a crazy start to your Friday, hope things calm down a tad.

greetings all and all to come

be well
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody, Det,its so weird to see you so early haha,you be on good behavior while DX is gone ok? Don't get stuck in your head,Mick,I love Jeeves' pic,so cute,the video was funny haha,I feel melancholy this morning, I think cuz its counting down to the kids leaving, plus this work week has been too bloody busy! Everytime I heard that door open,I wanted to run screaming out the back door,hate feeling like this,AL thoughts love this feeling but I'm telling my AV to promptly shut the blank up!!!!much love to all have a great Friday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, on best behavriour for sure with lots of good/healthy things lined up.
            sorry to hear you're feeling down but I love the strong spirit of conviction.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL.....thought I'd better check in before you all started thinking I was dead, or worse drinking. LOL Things are pretty much the same since the last time I checked in except stepping down from the community garden executive has freed up some time for me. Although I'm dealing with things medication, lawyer, ex, boss, etc. I've started feeling like I'm isolating myself and that can be deadly for me. So I'm back to reconnect with all my buds.

Mick...thanks for the pm's you've always got my back. Yay Sandy has a new bud and thanks Birdie for telling me his name is Jeeves. "bit of wood stain and beeswax ..job done!" nice job but how long did it take you to carve and paint the little rabbit? Will check out the YouTube videos later.

Hi Sam....following in Lav's footsteps are you. Seems the last time I'd checked the thread you had slept in as well.

A CLUE you say Birdie....my mind's a racing with what business you are in.

Hey Det....saw that Dx was heading out and that you were back on track. Haven't really kept up with what everyone is up to but glad you're here. I would have missed you even more.

Pauly...I've been thinking of you with all the weather reports I've seen. We've been going through a heatwave here, a week of 86+F temps. Kept thinking glad I don't live in Vegas! I like your conviction too.

Shout out to Pi, Lav, NS, SF, MrG and anyone else I've missed.

Home from a long week of work, temps dropping and thunderstorm rolling in. Will see you all in the morning....:smile:PPQP
              Last edited by porqoui; June 10, 2016, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Wonderful to see you PPQP
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great to see you PPPQQPPQ! Glad to hear the latest goss.

All very good here thx Mick. Love your doorstop. Gig with my band last night (friday) was a rippa, and a beaut way to kick off the weekend. Fine lads they are, and people actually clapped! lol. :dancin:

Big waves to all and wishing yiz a bonza weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Just in time to say hello & good night all at once, ha ha!
                    Super busy day here with all three grandkids & my daughter. Lots of fun & noise!

Love the door stop Mick
                    I have a feeling Jeeves is practicing & has big plan for the future, look out!!

Sam. congrats on the chicks, yay!!!

Byrdie, are you still going to have time for baking & decorating when you start your new job? I sure hope so - you've got talent lady!

Det, I wish you a calm & healthy time while on your own. Stay in touch with us!

OMG PQ, so happy to see you
                    Looking forward to your daily check-ins once again!

Pauly, nothing & no one can make you turn to AL, only you. Let's work on dealing with the feelings instead of trying to drown them, OK :hug:

Hi there G! Glad to hear your audience appreciates your talent!

I'm exhausted, this day is over.
                    Peace to one & all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

PQ, good to see you. As a fellow hermit I'm glad you realize the importance of getting out and a bit social.

well, fun day tomorrow... hike/shoot with two sober friends.

Guitarista, what instrument do you play?

gnight all
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
                        PQ, good to see you. As a fellow hermit I'm glad you realize the importance of getting out and a bit social.

well, fun day tomorrow... hike/shoot with two sober friends.

Guitarista, what instrument do you play?

gnight all
                        Guitar mainly Det, but any instrument is fair game!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mick....the video is fabulous! I would love to see you make one with the rabbits. I doubt you even need an "official" letter....just make one up.

Rest assured it is not Sandra, Hillary or Jamie

Yes, I'm very confident that Aldi who is going to sell their organic a 30 percent cheaper than Walmart.....that you are getting "certified organic". Sometime I need to go into one of these stores and ask their produce manager if it is "certified" and exactly what constitutes organic to them. It still goes back to "you get what you pay for" and "how stupid do you have to be to think that you can buy organic for that cheap"? It's kind of like all the name brands being manufactured overseas.....saving tons of money......and their products are now crap.

A Sprouts opened up about a mile from us....customers warned us how this was going to hurt our business....for one whole week. And now we are busier than before.

What bothers me is how consumers are tricked into thinking they are buying something that they are not. For instance....there are over hundreds of ingredients that we do not allow in the store. So companies will make their product without those ingredients for our store......but, use the same packaging using banned ingredients for other stores. So when you think.....this is $2 cheaper here and it looks exactly the same as the one at the other store....its not. It is just amazing what companies will do and consumers don't have any idea. And how would they know? It's been quite an education and eye opening.

My guys are on a trip. I have the house to myself which is glorious. I had all this "healthy" shit planned......but scraped it....and instead I am basking in the peace and quiet. I can start the stairmaster next week

Comment

Working...
                          X