12th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12th June

mornin all ..hows we today then?all good I hope..I aint feeling too clever today..ha (when was I EVER clever???)bit rubbish ..to be honest..anyways..on we go brew time it is...

hia ppqp...how are ou today?hopefully feeling a bit better...Im sorry ,but I do read a lot,but probably not the kind of books you read..westerns,thrills historical fiction..anything but horror and sci fi....as for the memories and anxieties coming back...the memories will always be there,but the anxieties ..it depends what slant you put on it..try and turn the negs into positives ..and dont forget ..that pm door is always open... have a look at these books..Ill gurantee you will want the anxieties back instead of reading this crap!!

4 Worst Book Covers and Titles Ever | Bored Panda

mornin byrdie ...hows you then?your post.... I can identify with the racing mind......you mean like the missing toytoys on that poster in Dublin?baking today or just busy doing nothing?

Lav...mail order chicks...hope they are in a padded envelope!!!hows you today then?still recovering?heres a coffee to drink in the hoomid weather there!

hey sam ..hows you then mate?still groinin along?hows the chicks?

hey pauly..lovely pic on fb big wave to yoo too!!hope all is well..

right folks thats me for the offski..have a good one

Funny bumper stickers:

Do we know each other? No? Then please keep your distance.

Sure, overtake me if you want. We'll meet again at the next traffic light.

Braking is for suckers.

Am I driving too close in front of you?

Escape vehicle. Please do not park too close.

I'm also lost. There's no need to follow me.

When somebody is totally angry, why not say:

"Yes, young Skywalker. Come over to the dark side of the Force."

Friends come and go. Enemies pile up.

When you don't know the answer or perhaps you don't want to say:

I will now answer you with a direct and unequivocal "maybe".

WARNING: Alcohol consumption may cause you to think that you are whispering when you are quite definitely not.

When somebody has a belly ache or doesn't feel well, why not cheer them up with:

Ah, you've been nibbling from the loo again, haven't you.

I’m very sorry about all those texts I sent you last night, unfortunately, my phone was drunk.

Did you see (or possibly get) a bad hairdo?
    I wonder what the hairstylist does for a living...

When a bird hits your window, how do you know God isn’t playing Angry Birds with you?

It's funny how many people get mad when a sentence doesn't end as they carrot juice.

Interesting status update:

9 out of 10 voices in my head say that I'm crazy. The tenth is humming.

When you're late:

I'm never late. The others are simply too early!

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?

If love is blind, then marriage is its spectacles.

Tell me what you need from me and I'll tell you how to manage without it.

The shortest horror story: Monday.

What would you, as an uninvolved party, say on the topic of intelligence?

How to win the heart of a woman? Kiss her, love her, go to the end of the world for her.
    How to win the heart of a man? Come naked and carry a pack of beer.

Intelligence relentlessly rides in your wake - but you are faster.

What to say when nature calls in a polite but understanding society?

1. Pray excuse me, I have a stool appointment.

2. Please excuse me while I go check the plumbing.

3. Pardon me, I have 6 pounds of boneless mass to get rid of.

4. Excuse me please, I have to go hide a treasure.

5. I'm sorry, I have to quickly disable alarm level brown.

7. Excuse me while I go on a ride on the porcelain steamer.

10. I'll be right back, I just have to quickly set free a good friend of mine.

12. Excuse me, I have to excrete.

4 bottles of bleach: $20.00. A coil of rope, 4 rolls of duct tape, and a shovel: $45.00. 3 boxes of XXL bin liners: $10.00.
    The look on the cashier’s face: Priceless!

Good persuasion technique:

Come over to the dark side... we've got candy.
    A truth of life:

Only ever trust your own butt to always stand behind you!

Don't share the host's music taste?:
    "I believe they are actually using this music to keep the hobos from train stations."

Need to defend a messy apartment?
    We maintain an alternative lifestyle

A smooth break-up line:

There was a time when I would have given myself to you, now I'm not even willing to throw up in your direction.

Thank you, I don’t need a hairstylist. My pillow creates a new hairdo for me every morning.

What not to say when you get pulled over:
    Police officer: Papers.
    Driver: Scissors.

Problems at school?
    Dear math exercise book, kindly grow up finally and solve your own problems!

Sunday early bird:

Why do you call so early? It is Sunday! 3 pm in the morning!!!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning All! More coffee, please Mick. Feeling sleepy this morning, and may go back to bed for a bit.

PQ Have you had a look at this thread? https://www.mywayout.org/community/ge...ght=principles

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,why aren't you feeling clever? Thanks for the ccomment on the pic,we had a nice dinner,nothing fancy but just us,came home and my nose started running, sneezing, grrr,how could Ibe fine all day and then it hits? Annoying! This morning my face hurts from the sneezing, yippee,PPQP,Ihave a hard time controlling looping negative thoughts too,I'm reading "From Panic to Power" and doing YouTube mindclearing self hypnosis, some days I'm ace,others shit,check out the thread Pie posted,iIcould never uunderstand the 3'PSfeels over my head but seems like my therapy guy uses the same approach,hi Sam,Det,Lav,SF hope we all have a great day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL......

Mick...thanks for the kickstart. Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit rubbish and hope it wears off soon. Will definitely remember the pm door is open. I had actually seen some of The 40 Worst Book Covers and Titles Ever on the news one morning. It was fun to scroll through them.

Pi...did you crawl back under the covers? Thanks for the link I had a quick look but will read through more of it later.

Pauly...hope you get a break from the sneezing today. From Panic to Power sounds very interesting, I will be checking that out, thanks.

Byrdie...thanks for sharing. I think focusing my energy to THAT DAY is great advice, I will give it a go today.

Lav...thanks for the book ideas. Looks like the Louise Hay one has some controversy around it. The Karen Casey one looks interesting, I really think I need to learn to let go. I'll be checking them out more thoroughly.

I managed to get out in the sunshine yesterday and home again before the heavens opened up. Short lived downpour. Bit of mandatory housecleaning/laundry today so will probably pop in again later. Have a Super Sober Sunday all and all to come....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Morning, all!
          Mick, Im sorry you are poorly. What seems to have a grip on you? Sending you wishes of a speedy recovery!
          Pauly, I tried to get my head around 3 P's, too and never was able to entirely wrap my head around it. I 'get' the princible, but I like rules....black and white concepts and it seemed more subjective and hard to grab onto for me. I thought I was the only one not getting it so glad to hear you are the same.

Nothing on the schedule today and thats the way I like it. HOT today. Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Happy Sunday ABeroooos!

Mick, awesome book covers! boy do I have some reading to catch up on

my heart goes out to the victims of what appears to be a terrible act of terrorism in Orlando...so sad.

on a more positive note I had a marvy day yesterday shooting with a couple of sober friends. While out there we were greeted by a massive herd of sheep. Actually the shepherd only brought them within about 400 meters on the main trail so I grabbed my telephoto lens to snap a pic:

anyhoo, feeling good and strong in my AFness happy to say. Looking forward to another sweat marathon at the gym tomorrow.

wishing you all a mellow happy day

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, I enjoyed the coffee this morning - thanks
              I hope you are feeling better!
              I went out to meet an old friend for lunch today. She's in the process of making plans to move to Florida & that makes me sad. We've been friends since the late 60's (back when the dinosaurs still roamed the earth). No kids today, I deserved a day off!!!

PQ, I find Louise Hay soothing, maybe because she's almost a grandmother figure to me.
              The Embracing Detachment book taught me a lot!!!
              We were promised rain yesterday afternoon but it never arrived so we have had several hot & humid days around here.

Pie, are you completely rested now?

Pauly, you really need to wear a mask to keep the allergens away, geez!

Hey there Byrdie!

Det, nice sheep pic
              Glad you are doing well.

Hi to Sam, SF & anyone I've missed.

Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

PPQ......this may not be for you, but I recently sat down and read "Man's Search For Meaning" in one sitting. It completely changed how I see the psychology of the mind and can honestly say it changed my life. My kids will be reading it soon. AND how this is not required reading in High School still baffles me.

Brydie...I didn't know about the job. You mentioned it yesterday....so then I had to go back six weeks and read the whole thing on the Nest. Congrats on the new job. We get comfortable for sure....even as they are taking the tools we need to do our jobs away one by one. So it seems like you got 28 weeks pay and a job in 5

Today I went to a meeting that will go on the books. It is AA's Founders weekend and a lot of people had said that they were going to this meeting close to my house for a pot luck and to hear this guy speak who is "as old as dirt". So since my guys were gone....I thought what the heck. The place was absolutely packed and I'm thinking.....maybe Bill W. is rising from the dead....this guy has to be really good. I'm fairly far back and can hear most of what he is saying and yes, he was good. What I forgot about is that it is CMA Fest and Bonnaroo in Nashville....the biggest event of the year. So one by one celeb after celeb stands up to tell this man how he was key to their sobriety. And too boot....I was annoyed that my favorite author was in town for an event and even though I really wanted to see him there was no way in hell I was going downtown to see him speak at a historic auditorium. No need, he was there too. Living here as long as I have....you run into these people fairly frequently and they love Nashville because they get treated like regular people, they act like regular people and Nashville chased the paparazzi out of town years ago. So when the celebs spoke it was calm....but werid because you kind of knew their whole back story.

Anyways....it did give me some pause to think...."ok here are people who have access to the best of the best and they still choose to come to the rooms". It was by far the " best looking" AA meeting I had ever been to

I still go to Refuge and use its philosophy it's just on the other side of town and it's hard for me to get there regularly. Thus, why I opted to look back into AA because there are meetings less than a mile from my house.

One thing I will share.....is with Refuge the compassion component is huge. People who had been sober in AA for 12 years all noted....how compassion for themselves wasn't really a hot topic in AA. I will forever be grateful to Refuge for really teaching me that....and using compassion towards myself in all my affairs is so important.

Alright....the dentist in the AM. Soooo not looking forward to this!

Comment

Working...
                X