13th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13th June

take a minute out of your day,to think of those murdered in Orlando,those injured and the ones left behind........through their pain may they find comfort and solace...

morn folks ...and jeez what a morning its been!!Im at the dentist this aft...and it will be a relief to get there....a potted version..about 2 this morning ..heard scratching at the side of the bed...now using my razor sharp sleuth like mind and taking into consideration that Im surrounded by fields that have just been cut and worked,I knew immediately what it was..a fieldmouse...unfortunately Julie heard it to so that was it...the only thing is the world that phases her is wee mice,so the big white hunter,dressed suitably as you are at 2 am set off to capture said wild beast...by this time madam had decided that a good place for her to retreat to just in case it flew up and attacked her would be the bathroom...but not before she saw me step back pretty sharpish..yep the mouse was definitely there ,I saw it...under interrogation,I said that I had seen a piece of paper...mouse duly buggered off out of the road ,and madam was placated with various excuses that made no sense ,but sounded pretty technical and plausible,so unless it returns tonight..peace will reign....
    Then had to take my mate and his wife to the airport...they are off to Hong Kong..to travel 23 miles it took just over 2 hours!!
    then the docs to see what is up with me..Ive got to get some more blood tests as well as my anti stroke bumf,but they reckon I might be a little Irishman...a knee mick..get it?because I dont eat red meat oily fish etc,it could be an iron deficiency or something along those lines....that in conjunction with the statins effect kind of hacks you off.so thats it ..oh and its pouring with rain..so the dentist will be a dawdle!!

brew time...

morning pie ,hows you today then?all well...hows thing with your dad ?and the hoose? is it going ok?and the k9 krew..how are hey doing?

hi Pauly hows you today then?hows the sneezing doing..hope you are over it now..its true most things happen later on ..its as if the body knows its gettin near down time..as for the negatives...there are always positives....its the finding them that is the difficult part at times...just keep looking..

hiya ppqp ,hows you ?sound a bit chirpier..glad to hear it...have you found any books?

hiya byrdie hows you today then?all good I hope ...yep I dont really do grey mist .....it either is or it isnt...no real in betweenies...so was yustaday a do nowt day?watched top gear last night...got bored half way through it....

hiya Lav...hows you then?all good I hope...the 60s?wasnt that long ago...in fact I remember it like yesterday...trouble is I cant remember yesterday!!!!Vietnam,N Ireland,Woodstock,hippies,purple hearts,(not medals!!!)Kennedys death, Churchills death,Forth Bridge opening...so what did I do yesterday...ermmmmmmm
    anyways big brew time ..here you go..plants are doing great ..Im also trying to grow 2 plants into an arch over the door of the sunroom as you call it...almost there with them...

hiya det hows you today then...all good I hope thats some bundle of woolly jumpers you bumped into...best of luck in the gym today...

hiys SF....hows you today then...best of luck at the dentists this mornin....dont forget to take your emotive sensory cash card!!

right folks goodly bye from me...off to see the tooth mechanic now..have a good one...

Little Johnny: „Mom, can I get a dog at Christmas, please?“
    Mother: „No, you’ll be getting turkey, like every year!“

Even people who are good for nothing have the capacity to bring a smile to your face, for instance when you push them down the stairs.
    A priests asks the convicted murderer at the electric chair, "Do you have any last requests?”
    "Yes," replies the murderer. "Can you please hold my hand?"

A chubbier woman: Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?
    Mirror: “Kindly move aside. I can’t see anything

For Sale: Parachute. Used once, never opened, small stain.

What do you call people who use the temperature method of contraception?
    Parents.

"Madam, your son just called me an ugly swine!"

The mother apologizes shamefacedly, "I'm so sorry, I must have told him like a thousand times it is wrong to judge people just from how they look..."

My friend surprised me for my birthday with a book called ‘Road-Kill Recipes’. I did find some road-kill the other day, so I cooked it according to one recipe and it was delicious. I’m just not sure what I should do with the bicycle.

Woman at a maternity hospital is in a lot of pain, moaning. The man strokes her back, “I’m so sorry sweetheart that you have to endure this…”

“Don’t worry Steve, it’s not your fault.”

“Why is there music coming out of your printer?”
    “That will be the paper jamming again!”
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Mick, I hate it when my day starts at 2 am, ugh!!!
    It sounds like you have a lot on your plate today, good luck with everything ~ geez.
    The 60's do seem like yesterday, I totally agree. I guess that means we are getting as old as dirt, oh well.
    I am trying to set a 'new normal' around here now that YB is home 24/7. This is work, believe me, ha ha!

Hello to everyone & wishing for a great AF for all.
    Prayers & thoughts going out to all those affected by the tragedy in Orlando this weekend. This hate must stop!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, I agree Lav,that was such a sad,pointless massacre Mick,I died laughing at the roadkill joke Hahahaha! Did I already say that this bougie sucks!? Its ugly and I hate it,feel like digging it up and buying a new one and putting this one in another area of the yard where I don't have to look at it on my smoke break(yes I'm still bloody smoking)! Very little though,like 3 a day,yesterday was 5though cuz iI'm sad the kids leave tomorrow I thought you quit the statins? I know they messed with your mood before,alrighty off to get ready
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL.....

Mick...thanks for taking the time to start the thread during your hectic early morning. I too was awake at 2am but rolled over and went back to sleep. LOL Lot's of suggestions for books so I'm glad I asked. Hope the blood tests get you sorted, you've been dealing with this a long time. At least you got the right attitude for the dentist.

Lav...good luck with the new normal. It's one thing to have hubby around do to lack of work it's another to have him their 24/7. We're here for you. LOL

Det...that picture brought back memories of moving cattle at the ranch. You're sounding positive with Dx gone, keep it up.

SF...you've got me intrigued with Man's Search for Meaning. Will be checking that out, thanks. That AA meeting sounds like it was great.

Well due to a pipe break they're shutting the water off in an hour so got to hustle and get through the morning chores and shower. Shout out to everyone else stopping in......:smile:PPQP

X-Post Pauly.....I too am still smoking. Time to get back into quitting mode. Hope you have a sneeze free day.

Comment

Mick, nothing says 'up and at 'em' like a mouse! So sorry that happened, if you could translate how you got him out of the house, that would be great. Did you shooo him out with a piece of paper or is that what you told Madame? Remind me to tell you my mouse story....well, ok, I've got a minute, I'll tell it now.

I was a kid of say, 11 or 12. I was just finishing up in the bathroom (doing paperwork) when I heard something in the toilet. I thought, DANG IT, something fell in there from the overloaded shelves my mother had behind the toilet. Things were always falling in there (my mom was a hoarder). So I leaned over the bowl to see what had made the dive and to my utter amazement, I saw little paws tearing thru all the tissue and a pointy pink face emerged!!!! It was a sewer rat the size of a great white! (or so it seemed). I couldn't believe my eyes and out of the chaos, I opened the bathroom door and screamed for my sister (who was a bigger weenee than I) and when I did, the rat lunged over the side of the toilet and out into the house he ran, tissue and ALL!!!! Daddy followed the wet trail to my mom's closet. My mother called a neighbor who had a BB gun and it appeared out of nowhere. Daddy shot and shot into the dark recesses of my mom's closet and finally was able to 'neutralize' the threat. What a mess! My dad just kept saying 'Why didn't you just close the lid???' Well, it just didn't occur to me! What a night that was! But what I can't get out of my head is what would have happened if I hadn't been finishing up and off the seat!!!! DEAR LORD HALF MERCY!!! I must be thankful for how it did unfold!!

Sorry to tell that tale, but if not now, when? Hope everyone has an easy day!!! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

What is it about rodents that makes them SO much more scary inside the house than outside? True for all wild animals, I guess. Thanks for the stories, Mick and Birdie!

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
              Mick, nothing says 'up and at 'em' like a mouse! So sorry that happened, if you could translate how you got him out of the house, that would be great. Did you shooo him out with a piece of paper or is that what you told Madame? Remind me to tell you my mouse story....well, ok, I've got a minute, I'll tell it now.

I was a kid of say, 11 or 12. I was just finishing up in the bathroom (doing paperwork) when I heard something in the toilet. I thought, DANG IT, something fell in there from the overloaded shelves my mother had behind the toilet. Things were always falling in there (my mom was a hoarder). So I leaned over the bowl to see what had made the dive and to my utter amazement, I saw little paws tearing thru all the tissue and a pointy pink face emerged!!!! It was a sewer rat the size of a great white! (or so it seemed). I couldn't believe my eyes and out of the chaos, I opened the bathroom door and screamed for my sister (who was a bigger weenee than I) and when I did, the rat lunged over the side of the toilet and out into the house he ran, tissue and ALL!!!! Daddy followed the wet trail to my mom's closet. My mother called a neighbor who had a BB gun and it appeared out of nowhere. Daddy shot and shot into the dark recesses of my mom's closet and finally was able to 'neutralize' the threat. What a mess! My dad just kept saying 'Why didn't you just close the lid???' Well, it just didn't occur to me! What a night that was! But what I can't get out of my head is what would have happened if I hadn't been finishing up and off the seat!!!! DEAR LORD HALF MERCY!!! I must be thankful for how it did unfold!!

Sorry to tell that tale, but if not now, when? Hope everyone has an easy day!!! Byrdie
              wow t ...what a tale!!nope as far as madam knows the mouse was a non starter...the scratching noise was a plastic bottle of pop that was close by ,expanding back as I had had a drink of pop earlier..we a re now at the stage of ..yes I didnt think it was a mouse but it was just a really strange noise..the power of kidology...!!
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
              X