17th june

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17th june

mornin folks,poets day it is,airport run,the outlaws are back today,so I will jump in later...second time on the thread...just lost part 1 !!!!quick brew then offski see ya
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick well its night here. You are very dutiful picking up the outlaws. Hi to everyone else!

Comment

morning all
      crazy kinda evening, fortunately, no bad storms in our area. Felt and looked very ominous last evening. I was working on the computer and the power went on and off twice so unplugged everything.

Lav, when do you get your little chickadees?

not much happening other than work, eat, sleep, repeat. Surveying this weekend. Going up the steeper side. I need to get me some new boots!!! feet getting worn out.

hope everyone has a great weekend

Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Coffee please, Mick before you run off! The twin projects of handling Dad's house sale, and getting him squared away, feel all-consuming. Hope to be back within a couple of weeks with more than just brief check-ins. Thanks for saving my seat, y'all. Means the world to me.

Comment

early greetings ABenators!

must be excited...woke up too early

Mick, losing a long post can really take the wind out of my sails and i know it's happened to all of us. boo!

Sam, I'm the Imelda Marcos of boots....still have at least 10 pair after chucking out 4 pair. Check out the durashocks, they are well priced and super comfy. Of course shopping online for footwear is not great...really have to try them on as all our tootsies are different.

Pie, sounds like busy times for you. Hope all goes well.

PPQ, yes my new photography job starts today and I'll be shooting youth baseball which is funny because i don't even know how to play the game... ack! growing up in Oz we played soccer and cricket. Photography has been a long time hobby and family hobby. Here's a quick pic of sunset last night:

and clouds from the day before:

I was able to show both dark/mysterious exposure and light/fluffy exposure on the same picture using a technique in editing called HDR (high dynamic range) which is something I've been learning about.

well, no nagging AL cravings happy to say. Just no room for that kind of behavior in a happy grattitude-filled life

back this eve....

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody,beautiful pics Det,good luck on the new job Pie,your place is always warm for you,at least you pop in to say hi I'llbe back later feel groggy,have a great day all
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry about the lost post Mic! But thanks for persevering and kicking us off. Hope the trip to the airport is uneventful.

TT....good to see you. Have a peaceful night.

Sam...good plan on the unplugging, can't be too careful. Hope the weather is improving for you.

Pi...I know that all-consuming feeling all too well. Gratitude is dealing with it all sober. Sending Positive :wings: PPP's :wings: to you.

Det...great pic's. This job could be the answer. Good luck today.

Pauly...I hate waking up with that groggy feeling. Hope your day is good.

Lunch made, coffee finished, off to start my day. Have a Fabulous Friday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

thanks all, I'm learning lots.

Treetops, good to see you
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det, never knew you lived in Oz. Pictures are exceptional.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Talk about being busy......
                    I have 41 new faces to keep fed & watered now that the chicks have arrived

Mick, you are a good son-in-law to do all that transporting of the old folks.
                    Hi there TT & Sam.
                    No rain here Sam but some crazy looking clouds overhead.

Pie, I expect we will all be here saving your spot for a long time to come. I did all that stuff with my parents so I have a pretty good idea what you are dealing with, good luck.

Det, good luck on the new job. Love the pics!

Pauly, did you wake up yet??

PQ, I hope your day was fabulous
                    Hi there SKendall.
                    I need to go check on the new kids.
                    Have a peaceful night one & all!

Lav
                    Last edited by Lavande; June 17, 2016, 06:39 PM.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, 41 new chicks? wowsers.

Hilary, yes I lived in Oz from age 9 to 17. It was pretty wild and beautiful. Good to see you dear.

training/orientation day went really well. I'll be putting in 26 hours this weekend. whew!
                      but the more I work the less canned fish I'm stuck with

one interesting thing I noticed about baclofen is that it's completely cured me of restless legs in bed.
                      that used to drive me bonkers. yay!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X