21st June the summer solstice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21st June the summer solstice

mornin all ,and hows the abstinent army today then?are we all good?the longest day today...up here that is ..down there it is the winter solstice and the shortest day...just thought Id get the fred started pdq..off out today,getting the camping option fitted to my car when we are away..basically it is a unit that mounts dismounts in the car ..a non permanent basis but its an absolute brilliant idea..there is so much room inside it...you can fit a double mattress in it easily..you wouldnt think so from the outside..Julies car is an mpv ,but look at hers in comparison to mine...for anyone in the remotest bit interested..peugot partner camping conversions..

20160619_092806.jpg

anyways ..tis brew time...

here we go....Mornin satzy ,hows you this fine day then?hows Greece?hope all is going well for you ...sil 3 am?aaargh ..guess we have all done it and more ..t shirt book film..but I couldnt imagine doing that any more...to wake up with the iron foundry working in your head ,mouth like an arabs flip flop..and a large promise to never again...

hey Sam the man..hows you then ta for the start up yustaday mate..didnt see that you had..what are you up to today then?

hiya Lav...brew time here you go..well see you managed to get some work out of the menfolk..good job ..hows the chicka dees doing?

hiya Iam..hows you today then?whats on the cards for you today?just wanted to say ,you are doin grand by the way...

mornin pauly ..hows you today then?hows the rest of the gang doin they still mopin around...kick butt girl..get them outta that negativity!!what do you mean on your post ..you like to see what Mick is doin?I didnt do nuffink..

a)it wasnt me
    b)a big boy did it and ran away
    c)it was like that when I got here
    d)funny you should mention that.....

anyways have a great day....ps hows the bougie?

hey ppqp...hows you then?glad the hand is better and doesnt need treatment or a visit to the second hand shop...ok I thought it was hilarious...how long is this boss saga going to go on?appreciate the guy isnt well,but thats a fair while now,and it aint really that fair on the likes of you ...so whats the book you are reading?

hiya Nora C hows things in your world today then?what you got planned for the longest day?

right good people on the no booze cruise,have a great longest day..brill excuse to stay up late!
    see yall later...

Be polite to every idiot you meet. He could be your boss tomorrow.

What did the toilet roll complain about?

"People just keep ripping me off!"

.. and out of the chaos, a sentence came to me:
    "Laugh and be happy, it could be worse!"
    ... and so I laughed and was happy and it really became worse.

I didn’t fall down. I did attack the floor though.

Organized people are simply too lazy to search for stuff.

My relationship is like an iPad. I don't have an iPad.

I'm not lazy. I'm just highly motivated to do nothing.

If I can still lie on the ground without having to hold myself, I'm not drunk.

Do people talk about you behind your back? Simply fart.

As long as cocoa beans grow on trees, chocolate is fruit to me.

There are people who are a living proof that total brain failure does not always lead to physical death.

Yes, the early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Never drive faster than a guardian angel can fly.

Paddy & Mick worked together in St. John's, Newfoundland and were both laid off, so they went to the unemployment office.
    When asked his occupation, Paddy answered, "Panty Stitcher. I sew da elastic onto ladies cotton panties and tongs".
    The clerk looked up panty stitcher on his computer and finding it classified as unskilled labour, he gave him $80.00 a week unemployment pay.
    Mick was next in, and when asked his occupation, replied, "Diesel Fitter". Since a diesel fitter was a skilled job, the clerk gave Mick $160.00 a week.
    When Paddy found out, he was furious. He stormed back into the Unemployment Office to find out why his friend and co-worker was collecting double his unemployment pay.
    The clerk explained "Panty Stitchers are unskilled labourers, and Diesel Fitters are skilled labourers".
    “What skill?” yelled Paddy." I sew da elastic on da panties and tongs; Mick puts 'em over his head and says: "Yep, diesel fitter”.

I remember going to see Dr Hook in the 1970s.
    Worst prostate exam ever.

13507035_204302653298469_5310904202370174741_n.jpg

Our teacher asked us what our favorite animal was, and I said,
    "Fried chicken."
    She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right because
    everyone else in the class laughed.
    My parents told me to always be truthful and honest, and I am. Fried chicken is my favorite animal.
    I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of the RSPCA.
    He said
    "They love animals very much."
    I do, too.
    Especially chicken, pork, beef and sea kittens
    Anyway, my teacher sent me to the heads office.
    I told him what happened, and he laughed too.
    Then he told me not to do it again.
    The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favourite live animal
    was.
    I told her it was chicken.
    She asked me why, just like she'd asked the other children.
    So I told her,
    "It was because you could make them into fried chicken."
    She sent me back to the headmasters office again.
    He laughed, and told me not to do it any more.
    I don't understand.
    My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher
    doesn't like it when I am.
    Today, my teacher asked us to tell her what famous person we admire most.
    I told her,
    "Colonel Sanders".
    Guess where I am now......?

A kindergarten teacher handed out a coloring page to her class. On it was a picture of a duck holding an umbrella. The teacher told her class to color the duck in yellow and the umbrella green, however, Little Johnny, the class rebel, colored the duck in a bright fire truck red.
    After seeing this, the teacher asked him, "Johnny, how many times have you seen a red duck?"
    Little Johnny replied, "The same number of times I've seen a duck holding an umbrella."

I’m fed up with my mates 3 times now they have agreed to go to a Whitesnake gig with me and then not showed up. Here I go again on my own!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mae everybody,Mick,now the bougie is starting to flower I think maybe it was just in shock from being planted,114 yesterday and today again,just glad I'm not a construction or landscaper guy,eeks! Yesterday at work both girls were still drunk from the night before,came in late and acted idiotic and loud! I was so irritated but I guess that's hypocritical cuz I used to do the same bloody thing,it was very annoying though,not sure how the threads are gonna merge,is it steppers Army and us? We'll see how it develops,I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ahoy hoy ABeroooos!

so today is the Summer insolence, or summer silence, or imminence .... or something

Mick, I've seen those camping conversions and they really are brilliant.

finally got to sleep in today after putting in over 30 hours since Friday afternoon. Really enjoying the
      photo job though and plan to figure out a way to pursue this as a more permanent gig.

was watching some Murray Carter knife-sharpening videos on youtube and started sharpening my kitchen knives to
      a razors edge and managed to cut the crap out of my left thumb. owie! took a while to get it to stop bleeding but seems stable now.

Pauly, I feel for ya hon, I've been in Vegas in summer several times and it's like breathing the air out of an oven...be careful!

ok then, off to grind more beans for more brew

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey all, I was in the car for 9 hours yesterday, so it seemed like the longest day to me. I also started my new job and had to make the sales call alone! My new boss's daughter got sick and he had to go back to Pittsburgh but told me to go on with the meeting so I did. I'm lucky I got thru it without wetting my pants.

I can't wait to see the conversion van complete, Mick! It don't look like that much room in there to me! I will prepare to be amazed!
        Hope everyone has a great day! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers!

I guess my chance to post in the mornings is over now that I have YB here full time. I will not let him interfere with my support system that has kept me afloat these past 7+ years!!
          Some things are just better kept to myself

Sad to say but I lost one of the chicks overnight. She was tiny & not looking well. I tried everything I could to help her but couldn't. The rest of the crew is looking strong!!!

Mick, good luck with your camper conversion. My days of camping are long over but we used to go a lot. I'm happy that the guys finally got the new doors installed on the chicken house yesterday. The old doors rotted terribly.

Hello to pauly, hope you are staying cool in all that heat!!!
          We were warned to prepare for a big storm this afternoon but it turned out to be almost nothing.

Det, you need to be careful with sharp things buddy
          I hope you find lots photography work & stay happy!

Byrdie, sounds like you had quite a day yesterday. I'm sure your client was happy!

Hello to PQ, Pie, Sam & everyone checking in today.
          Have avgreat AF day everyone.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. Like the others I can hardly wait to see the camping option. Got to admit the visit to the second hand shop did make me laugh. Yes this boss thing is dragging on and the more it does the less he does. Just finishing off a murder mystery then it's off to the library to pick up some of the suggested books.

Pauly...you stay safe in that heat. You must have felt some gratitude that it wasn't you showing up for work. Yup I was a little confused with the people Mick had mentioned. Thought maybe I'd missed a thread along the way and actually went looking for it. LOL

Det...so glad you're enjoying the photo job. I remember when you wanted to do something as a welcome home for Dx once. Did you ever make that photo collage? You be careful with those knives! We need all our digits.

Birdie...good job on going through with the meeting and not wetting your pants. Is there going to be a lot of long distant sales meetings?

Lav...sorry to hear about the chick, glad the rest of them look healthy. Did the greenhouse arrive yet? Maybe that'll get YB out of your hair for awhile.

Dinner is broccoli and cheese soup with grilled cheese sandwiches so must get at it. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PPQP,that dinner sounds right up my ally Lav,poor little chick I feel sad when anything dies(except roaches and spiders!) Poor Kells all stressed cuz her paycheck got put it the wrong mailbox and the b#%&h is giving her the run around! I hate how people act sometimes
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X