23rd June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23rd June

morn all..yep its early even for me!off to the airport in a bit....pick my friend up..just on the way back from Hong Kong....daylight just throwing off her dark cloak and waking up as we speak,and dry outside despite the threat of downpours...so its a strong coffee and off..

mornin Sam..nice pic,yep got a fair gradient on it..not too steep ,but one of those that seems to go on and on and on..they are the worst to do..toons this weekend is it?

hiya pauly ,hows you ?glad kell got her money..

hi ppqp...how are you today?meant to ask is the eye any better?

hiya Lav ..brew time ...early brew?vets bills are pretty heavy duty....thankfully I took out pet insurance..at the time I questioned it..but so glad I did..so youre runnin 2 gangs now of birds the young and old?..take it the Amish farmer is going to get a visit soon?

hiya Det hows you then?seem to be doing good mate ..well done

hiya pie hows you then?hope you are well

right folks thats me done and dusted not a lot to say..offski now ..have a good one
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick, thanks for the start off. Do you have your own parking spot at the airport? One with your name on it? Busy man with someone getting ready to go to Italy. Boy you'll need the rest after this week.

Pauly...glad Kell got her cheque. That was just ridiculous!

Afternoon off wasn't what I had planned. Did get my lunch and play cards but the building super took a sick day so ended up doing most of his chores. Setup's for regular classes, mopping the hall floor, sorting the grocery delivery, take down of luncheon and setup for evening client meeting. That on top of my regular work which was pretty hectic as there was a lot of people who's classes ended yesterday and they wanted to sign up for the next term. I was exhausted by the time I got home which was past my regular quitting time. Oh well, should be a quieter day today.

Have a productive day all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PPQP, Mick should have his own WING at the airport! I told him he needs to have a serious talk with his friends and family about arrivals and departure times! OR introduce them to UBER!!!!
      Hope everyone has a great day!!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Mae everybody,just a quick hello from me cuz even though I slept ok I feel groggy,more coffee here in a bit,much love to ALL,hope weall have a splendid day
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers.

I am on boy duty today - ALL DAY, ha ha.
          I haven't had them here much lately so it's OK.

Mick, I looked at the invoice from the vet office again & realized I spent closer to $150 on meds for the dog. I sure hope they help her, geez.
          The only reason the older birds are still here is because YB messed up his back & can't help me transport them to the farm. As soon as he's able to we will have to get them moved.
          The little ones are growing fast
          I hope your airport run went well.

PQ, I guess you don't get overtime pay, huh? Maybe you can take some comp time instead.
          Don't wear yourself out!

Hi there Byrdie & Pauly.
          I hope everyone has a fabulous AF rest of the day.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Birdie...."Mick should have his own WING at the airport!" :harhar::harhar:

Pauly...hope the coffee helped.

Lav...correct no overtime. Boss left at 1:30 and said shut it down when you see fit...so I left at 3:00pm. LOL Not doing any chores till at least 5pm, this is my time.

If I don't check in later have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mick, you're a good friend. Hate the airport departures and arrivals. I used to live in Toronto and my family told me to get the shuttle! ($89.00), Dallas was a pretty easy drive and an organized airport; Victoria, B.C. required flight or ferry off the island to a major airport; now Seattle 2-/2 hrs of driving, ferry and chaos, so I do pay for shuttle, sheesh.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

heya ABeroonies!

Mick, be sure to oink on some Italian fare for me! food pictures would be good

sounds like we have some sleepy-heads today. Beats a hangover for sure.

Hilary nice to see you. I detest airports personally....all the rules and regulations and being ushered about like cattle. Plus horrid food at insane prices.

Had a couple friends over this morning teaching them some traditional Filipino stick-fighting. How's that for an obscure hobby? I can't do anything normal of course.

well, didn't make it to the store today so it looks like sardines for dinner. Not so bad really. Will get to the store tomorrow as Dx is home on Sat. yay! really miss her.

wishing you all a fabulous nights sleep

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Been having super slow internet connect the last few nights.

Well, if I ever need a ride from the airport I know to call Mick. Honestly, I could not imaging even asking someone to pick me up that early. But I am sure that Mick is glad to be able to do it these days vs the days of hangovers or "still drunk".

Det-the photography gig sounds awesome. I'm still figuring out what I want to do. I'll probably go back to sales at some point---just in a different industry and company that I respect. But at the moment I'm just enjoying myself. Now I take for granted not being all stressed out and I think it would be hard for me to go back to that.

Guy buys a 12-pack and these "party smart" things. Basically a multivitamin to take before you drink so you don't have a hangover. People actually usually buy them as part of a gag gift---the normal healthy person knows they can't prevent a hangover! Anyways-I joked with him about feeling great the next day--and he says to me..."hangovers, you just get used to them". Good God do I know that feeling. As if it were normal to have one 6-7 day week. To have one, but not really know you have one because it's become your "normal" mode of living.

Got one of those Fit Bits----I resisted until someone was showing me all the stuff it tracks. The thing I am most fascinated with right now is how it tracks my sleep----how the damn thing knows I'm sleeping vs. sitting on my ass I don't know. And since it is strapped to my arm I do find that I move more, walk up stairs more, the calorie burner thing....makes me way more mindful of what I am eating. And then it sends me a weekly report! Sleep is by far the most import measurement to me....because when I'm tired I eat like shit, don't move as much etc. Which none of this is mind blowing....but having a tracker that tells me how much sleep I actually got-how many times I was restless (which some nights can reduce my sleep by an hour). Anyways...it's my new fascination right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X