Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24th June

mornin all ....second post..
    a dry day here.been up early this mornin again ..quite a bit to do prior to departure sunday morning,but Im sure we will be sorted..went to bed at 9 last night absolutely whacked,but woke up about 4 this morning,so its time for another brew...

hiya SF...yep fit bits are good ..they are also pretty addictive and challenging too..as for the airport journeys...yes I suppose somewhere inside me is the pride that I am actually able to do them at stupid o clock...few years ago that would have been a non starter!!...as for the hangover cures..most jocks believe in Irn Bru...and yes it actually does work after a severe dose of falling down juice...

hiya det ...yep will see if I can get some pics done...going to quite a few different places..well we start at the top ..and end up in Sicily so there are some big cuisine differences there!so dx home today then....time for clean up .com!!!!

hiya pauly,how are you feeling today then?any better...hope so...pollen count over here is pretty high today,so nose n eyes are feeling it..

hi ppqp ...hows you today then?hopefully well I hope...as for a named parking spot..yep I reckon at their prices I am due one!!£9.50 an hour!!did you end up with a quieter day?and yes you are a valued member on this fred

hi byrdie ..hows you then hows the new job doing..as for uber ..strangely enough that is what my mate was talking about ..thats all they used in Hong Kong...you have a great day

hiya daisy..yep know you dont post here but on the off chance you read this ...well done to you so far so good ..you can do it!!

Satzy ..congrats on your three years..you put in a lot of work ,I know you did ,and deserve the result....

hiya Lav..hows you today then ?hows yb s back then?more to the point how did your boy day go then?whats their latest craze?have you time for a brew?yes vets bills are pretty hefty,hope the dawg is ok...

hiya SKendall..hope you are well today...whats the worst airport you have been to?to be honest ,going early doors is a lot better than getting snarled in the later traffic do you still do a lot of travelling?

hiya pie hows you then...what happening in dolly dog area?

hey sam you doing ok?

hiya Jacs ...nice to see you and the great molls back again..talking about names ..what about something like "getting around"?kinda got that dual meaning if you see what I mean??

well peeps offski so have good day

ab....yes you are listened to my friend..your two cents is our two pence...see sheer poetry!!have a good one
    Last edited by Mick; June 24, 2016, 10:52 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mae everybody, yes Mick,lots of pics of Italy please talk in the news of the monsoon season kicking off early here,great,they say cooler temps but it envelopes us with a cloak of heavy hot air!! Rather have 115 and dry haha,SF,I looove my fitbit,I never take it off,except to charge of course,hate punching in my calories though,hard to see the reality,I'd rather guess(low) off to the store,much love to all,have a great Friday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

pauly..saw your post about the ice cream....s here you go ..look at the cals per scoop...but it doesnt say how big the scoop has got to be!! just ignore the 100gms bit underneath.

20160624_165441.jpg

dont leave the lid off ..this is what happens ..it evaporates...

20160624_165549.jpg
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Evaporates with a little help from you I'm guessing haha,Ibought some stuff called Artic Zero,gluten free ,fat free,hopefully not taste free haha,just a bit ago,only 35 cal for 1/2 cup,I'll update on the taste after dinner

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off again. I was awake at 4 this morning too but managed to get back to sleep. Must have had a good rest because I'm having a really good day. I agree with the others, lots of pics.

Pauly....now I want ice cream and it's all your fault! Not working today?

Boss has yet again told me to shut it down when I want. Gee, do you think he's feeling guilty. Got a group setting up for an event tomorrow so when they're done I'm going to head out too.
          Will check back later when I'm home. Have a Fab Friday all and all to come.......:smile:PPQP

Comment

ppqp..its Friday night..ice cream night.....go on you know you deserve it.....

Comment

Alooooha Friday ABeroooos!

Mick, happy travels and congrats on your newfound freedom from the EU...crazy times ahead for a bit I'm sure.

If I dare to eat icecream I eat the real thing. The fat content actually helps to mitigate the dreadful insulin spike from the sugars, and it tastes about 10000% better

Sun, been thinking about the fitbit myself although my fun-money account seems to be stuck at zero still.

Picking up Dx tomorrow so I'm the 'white tornado' cleaning up the house. Even broke out the buffing compound and brought the faucets up to a perfect chrome shine. So very glad she's coming home to a sober and happy hubby. yay!

any other science geeks around? check this Mars image out: http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-ima...42E01_DXXX.jpg

if you zoom into the object in the upper part of the pic and enhance a bit with a photo editor you can see that it's most certainly not a rock. It has a 'tow hook' on the left side and other very unnatural features.

Ok, time for mopping the floors

be well peeps
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Mick, I am still drinking coffee at 6 pm trying to recover from yesterday's 11 hour marathon with the kids, ha ha! The combined energy of a 5 & a 7 year old is dangerous!!!
                I hope you have a marvelous trip & treat us to some nice pics

Pauly, I hsve been making my own dairy free ice creams (out of necessity) & like being able to control the amount of sugar that goes in. Turns out a can of coconut milk, a little honey & a giant splash of vanilla makes really, really good ice cream
                I hope you like what you bought! I haven't indulged in a Fitbit yet & probably won't, LOL

PQ, I hope your good day continued on all day for you!

Det, I have many floors here that need some attention. I just don't have the ambition. It's good to hear you in a happy & healthy state. I'm a little bit of a science geek I guess because I signed up for text messages when the International Space Station does a flyover

Hello to Pie, Sam, SF & anyone else checking in tonight!
                Peace to all.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, I do the same. It's fun to watch and reminds us that there is something beyond "us".
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Home safe and sound before the heavens open up. Thunderstorm warnings for the city of Calgary. Lots of lightening out there.

Mick...didn't pick up ice cream but lots of veggies and dip. Hurry up garden!

Det...we're glad Dx is coming home to a sober and happy hubby too. You're sounding great. Science geek here too. Following Burke-Gaffney Obs on twitter.

Lav...yup got to say the good day is still going. You'll need your rest tonight. I'll have to check out the International Space Station.

SKendall...I agree with the reminder.

Off to start dinner. Have a restful night all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya Mick and everyone. I am envious of your trip to Italy, the first time I went it felt life-changing. How will your $$$ be affected on this trip. Unfortunately, I was in a serious accident in Dec and the result is 3 compressed discs sitting on the spinal nerve. Surgery is being bandied about and I say, bring it on. So, I cannot sit for very long. I am travelling to Dallas in July (!!!) but my short term travel is going over to Victoria, B.C. b/c in WA state I am a ferry ride over, 1-1/2 hrs.

I spoke to my daughter on Sunday and it was 100+, but I have to go on their vacation timing. In WA we are having an English summer. e.g. hi 50's.
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

The "ice cream" tasted like it sounded it would but I added a few almonds and a few chunks of dark chocolate and it spruced up,at least it was nice and cold

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                          The "ice cream" tasted like it sounded it would but I added a few almonds and a few chunks of dark chocolate and it spruced up,at least it was nice and cold
                          Too much work for ice cream....I'd just eat the real thing. LOL

SKendall...jealous of your Victoria trip, it's beautiful there. Nice to see the positive attitude re surgery!

Comment

I've been having blood sugar crashes PQ,so I'm trying to eat"clean" it sux

Comment

Hey Friends! I am up late for no particular reason. Figure our Mick will be starting the June 25th thread any moment now. How's the packing going, Mick?

What kind of meds did you get for your dog, Lav?

Think things here have turned a corner, and should be getting back to a kinder and gentler pace. Hope so, anyway. See y'all on the Saturday thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X