Glad I'm not mad at me today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whew, Last night was rough. Cant say that I almost didnt make it. Really felt that there was no question all along. But It Was Very In My Face! Went to local sports bar with my family for dinner. Ordered Ice tea but was so thirsty for beer. Since no one really knows what I'm doin no one really noticed that inside I was about to cry. I am happy that the only reason I can be a little mad at me is NOT for givin in on alcohol, but instead for eatin a few to many cashews instead. good trade eh? (not canadian, but love those guys)
    And Kirky and Donna.....believe it or not.....yesterdays chatting about it doesnt matter how you get there but the end result is what matters really gave me added strength. Thanks you guys. The connections here are beyond words. Still offically on your butt Kirky! Wish I could hug you both this am. (geeze, even typing that made me cry) Gabby

Rock & Roll Gabby!! Good for you!! Keep it up!! Oh, and I love cashews too!

Donna

Comment

Great work, Gabby! It's peanuts for me--love, love, love 'em... In fact, I cannot have peanuts (or peanut butter!) in the house at all because I won't stop eating them/it until they're all gone! Hmmm..sort of like bottles of wine....

In the couple of months that I've been abstinent I've only had to contend with people around me drinking on two occasions--and, like you, there was no question of giving in--but I sure looked a lot at those bottles and the glasses in people's hands!

Keep up the good work, I KNOW it gets a bit easier every time we through it!

hugs, susan

Comment

Well done Gabby

I know you can do it, just got to grit your teeth and get on. I must say that today I have not thought about having a drink at all so far, and that was even with going and getting some more alcohol free ginger wine. In fact I am over the moon because I have found a shop in the high street that sells just what I want at only ?3 a bottle. If I have three alcohol free beers (which is as much as I can stomach bubble wise, that is about ?4.50 a day. Compared to at least ?12 a day drinking a bottle of gin, thats a saving of ?7.50 a day, thats ?52.50 a week, thats ?210 a month. WOW, I will be able to go on holiday soon! I have got to say that the pains in my stomach and the bits below that have subsided significantly in the past fortnight. Maybe thats what the problem was hmmmmmmmmm. If you can afford it Gabby, have a go at the CDs. I have been walking around all day listening to the sea. It is great. But then I love sea fishing, so that could be a benefit to me. Hope all is well. Hope you catch up soon. You KNOW it is goibg to be good in the future. WOW again, I never ever thought I would be doing this 3 weeks ago.

lots of hugs

kirky

Comment

Hey Kirky, thanks bunches, we must be on the same time. I hear ya when you start addin things up. Very sad what ya spent on drinkin. Today is very sad for me. I'm not gonna drink but only cuz of the topa. Otherwise i know I'd give. The family is all gone. (I call it hockey holiday) I stayed to care for the animals and not wantin to go with the X. Anyway...our small little kitten that was sick died this am. I figured he wouldnt make it until the vets opened so I just held him. Sure enough. Just so sad. Funny how easy you get attached. Anyway....to really extra feel sorry for myself, I had to dig the hole for him and everything. Being newly divorced there are so many changes in everyday life that I am embrasing that I would have defintally passed on to the other half before. I'm still glad I'm divorced tho.
          Ok....enough.....time to suck up, stop whinin, get on with my.....get this.....9TH DAY OF ABS! I'll be checkin in so you guys know I dont give. Gabby

Comment

Hang in there, Gabby. Sounds like you are doing great with this program. I am so sad about your kitten - that happened to me once - a little orange premature kitten that was mine - he had asthma and I had to give him pills. One day he just disappeared and I know he ended up passing away because he couldnt breath without the pills and he got out and probably couldnt find his way home. I cried for days. I am thinking about you.
            Hugs
            Jen.

Comment

Oh, Gabby,
              How sad. I feel so sorry for you. I'm glad you held him until the end...so hard....there's nothing worse than seeing a little one suffer. Give yourself a big hug....Anni

Comment

Thankyou so much Annie. Can't believe the true kindness offered here. thanks : ) Gabby

Comment

Working...
                X