6th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6th July

Morning all .went to monte cassino and pompei yesterday now in sorrento in the bay of naples thank you all for your good wishes x yep it beats the alternative lav..Pauly haven't forgotten your food port. .and DET well done you Sam take it easy ppqp.. big hug to you sf you cracking me up with your helping animals 😂hiya satz ta muchly great to see you hiya pie how's you...brews all round
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mae everybody,Mick when are you heading home? I get suck of vacays after a few days,probably never take a cruise cuz I'll feel held captive haha,alls ok here in paulysville,not much to say except I wish I had a mini horse like SF! Much love to all,hope today is great,yesterday sucked cuz I thought after 2 days off in a row I'd be refreshed to go back to work,not so,I didn't want to freakin be there, bad attitude all the way... So today better be better haha,back later
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hidy ho ABerooos!

oh my, where is the crew? sending up a flare so you can find us....

Mick, sounds fab once again. What's your fav Italian meal so far?

Pauly, cheer up you! at least yer not at work having to run to the bathroom to barf from last night (I've got plenty of bad memories like that).

well, nice quiet day here doing Ebay, putzing round in the garage etc. i did make a new knife-sharpening strop that will take my edges to 6000 grit. Yes, the crazy man wants his kitchen knives even sharper than razor sharp. Also caught a couple TED talks on physics and space-time which gave my brain quite a twist. Fun stuff anyway.

will check up in a bit and make sure attendance is satisfactory

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL....Could have sworn I'd checked in this morning, but maybe not. Was one of those awake every 2 hours night.

Mick...getting lots of geography lessons from your trip. Looking up all the places you've mentioned. Just trying to take it one day at a time and not think too much.

Pauly...hope your day was better. Often thought I'd like to take a cruise but with all the news items of outbreaks changed my mind.

Det...saw the flare. Well they do say the sharper the knife the safer but you still be careful.

Big political fundraiser at the community centre this afternoon. Was really glad to get out of there. Trying to figure out dinner, may have to go with the old mac&cheese tonight. Shout out to everyone else.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening kids!

I know I didn't check in this morning PQ, ha ha!
          I am up to my eyeballs in animal care these days. Starts the minute I get up & just keeps going.

Mick, I'm glad you are still enjoying your trip

Pauly, I hope today was a better day for you!

Det, you really, really like sharp things, ha ha! Be careful dude!!

Hope the mac & cheese was good PQ. Nothing wrong with returning to the basics

I managed to get out to meet a friend for lunch today. We get along much better now since we've both retired, LOL
          Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Hello to PIe, Sam & SF!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I think I saw the flare. Forgot to say yesterday Det great job on resisting the drink. I don't think I've ever been really "pressured" to drink. Wonder if it's different for women.

PPQ sorry things are still keeping you down. Sometimes I get stuck thinking "I will always feel this way".. When logically I know it will pass. Maybe it's just that it doesn't pass as soon as I would like. We practice "impermanence" at Refuge. Which is good and bad news. The bad shit will pass, but so will the good. Recently there was a great talk on how American's are taught to believe that the goal is "permanent satisfaction"---while other cultures don't strive for that and their rates of happiness and satisfaction are much higher. I for one wish life did not have its ups and downs. I think I'd be good with permanent satisfaction.

Stopped into a woman's meeting tonight. A woman spoke up....that she was 2 days sober with multiple tries of only getting a day here or there. She said she was a mother of 4 and her husband was ready to send her to rehab. Here is what struck me. I always refused rehab because I kept being told it was an expensive AA meeting. And for some reason I really thought I could not be gone that long. Now I see rehabs all the time and think....damn I wish I would have known about this place! Can I still go? What I wanted to tell her (really my former self).....go. It's a gift---not a threat of punishment. I don't know if I would have been better of with rehab or not---but it certainly would not of hurt. And not just anyone gets go to these places----90 percent of the population doesn't even qualify

Back to work tomorrow. I'm starting to like having one day off vs having 2 in a row....and then on for 5. Guess it always feels like Thursday to me. No more Monday blues.

Comment

Working...
            X