toozdi 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toozdi 18th

mornin all...from a blisteringly hot uk!!feels like I am still on holiday.......temperature yesterday was 33 degreez...today they reckon its going to be the hottest July ever recordrd and it feels like that already...so how is everyone today then?..firstly a brew..I am trying to ditch the extra weight I gained on holiday..

hiya Sam hows things with you mate..did you get out to the farm?its quite a change to hear someone saying that they want more to do...not generalising but a good few would happily take the money and doss..anyways have a good one....

hey pauly send some pics up of your yard and letz have a go at seeing what we can design up as planting spaces..that way it will give you a bit more to do too...and who knows what you can grow..yep moms allus right:thumbsup:

hia ppqp...glad you got a good kip...Im going to get some epsom salts today..that is a cracking article..hows life on the home front...is Richard Cranium still bugging you?

Hiya SKendall...how goodly it is to see you..If thats his speech ..then it kind of gives you a clue..........

hiya Lav...hows you today then?you doing oktoday is concreting day isnt it?(greenhouse)so heres a brew to sit and watch with...my tomatoes are all fruited up ,though there are still flowers on them too...running about the garden chasing butterflies off the cabbage!pity I cant train the peskies

hiya pie ..no pie ..hows you then?all good ..

det likewise you ok?

right off to get me speedos on and sit in the garden...:egad:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    looking like another hot humid day coming our way, high winds yesterday blew some of our tomatoes over so re-stake last night. Getting lots of cherry tomatoes but none of the big guys yet. Thanks for the brew, Mick, and the visual in your last sentence! Yep, went and visited a farm yesterday, actually it was a friend of mine's place, so it wasn't too difficult. Pretty warm then a storm blew up. Last night some of the clouds and winds made me think something a little more ominous than a thunder boomer was brewing. Thank goodness I was wrong.

off to it friends, ya'll have a good one
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, does anyone else wake up starving? I need to reign in the eating too Mick,I had lost a couple of pounds but then found them haha! Hardest part is the weekend, it's fun to go get lunch or breakfast somewhere and a nice flavored coffee but now that they list calories kind of a buzzkill Sam,I'm jealous of your stormy weather, we've been so dry this year,hello to all and I hope we all have a great Tuesday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey all. We had some hot weather in May? Since the PNW has stayed in 60's and low 70's. Although I shouldn't complain. I was once driving accross country returning from Toronto to Seattle, missed my turn in Denver and it was a one way trip to Nevada. Morton's Salt was the only civilization I saw.

Got to Nevada and saw little towns like Jackpot and no grass except in front of banks, so my dog had to go there (yes, I scooped). I had never encountered anywhere with such little vegetation and was my memory correct in tasting salt? However, the people were great!

Hot summer in the UK seems like an oxymoron after living there and since my grammar school didn't end until July (having only August off) I distinctly remember hot sweaty days on the bus home. Yep, should be grateful.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Paul, I also wake up starving b/c it's been about 8 hrs. since last meal. When I was pregnant, used to wake up "extra starving". I always eat healthy, but somehow ended up with marshmallow fluff (probably rice krispie squares) and woke up about 5:00 a.m. until it was finished!
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good point Skendall,I usually eat like a senior citizen and have dinner by 4pm and then nothing else for the night, no wonder I feel like eating a whole pizza when I wake up haha
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mick in speedos in the garden, now that would be a picture. All was quiet over the weekend as far as the ex goes. He only called work once this afternoon. The big difference is how I deal with it now. Who knew Epsom salt could be that good for your garden.

Sam, same weather pattern here at the moment. Woke up to the news showing downed trees and flooding. Gotta say I live in the right quadrant of the city.

Pauly, much better than waking up hung over. LOL

SK, every time I'd get serious about losing weight all the advice was to eat 6 small meals a day. Makes sense as it stops your body from going into hibernation mode. Says she who could stand to loose a few pounds!

Shout out to everyone else. Guilty admission my fries and gravy are getting cold. Have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We just spent the past 24 hours with NO INTERNET ACCESS.
                Yesterday's storm blew up another router. We go thru routers here crazy fast.
                YB went out & bought one & actually installed it too. Last time I had my son-in-law do it for me, ha ha!
                I watched the boys most of today & will be up & out early in the morning to get them & bring them here. I jope yo fill the kiddie pool for them & let them hang out outside tomorrow.
                The mason was here today & set the blocks for the foundation, put a coat of stucco on the outside of it, looks good. Not sure what happens next, I'm not involved, ha ha.

Mick, you need a LOT of sunblock when you wear a speedo!!!!

Sam, we got that big ugly storm yesterday, glad you didn't.

Pauly, I eat all winter, summer not so much. My winter bloat continues until halfway thru the summer, LOL

SKendall, I ate everything that wasn't nailed down during my pregnancies. It was ridiculous!! I am happy all that ended when the babies were born

PQ, I sure hope your peace continues all week long!

Greetings to Pie, Det, SF & anyone dropping by.
                Have a peaceful night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

late greetings ABsters!!

Mick, thanks as always for the kick into gear.

PPQ, chips and gravy? you in the UK?

Had a good job interview today and another one lined up for tomorrow... wow! things are perking up which is stimulating.

SK, good to see you here dear. Nope, not much vegetation here. I miss tall trees!

Pauly, those fancy coffees can be absolutely loaded with sugar, it's amazing. too bad they are so tasty on a hot day. ack!

got in a hell of a workout on Monday, entire shirt drenched. whew! so much fun I'm off again tomorrow. I really like the noon kickboxing since there are so few people and I may as well enjoy it while I can before jumping back into the work force.

Sam, you have ripe 'maters already? mine look like miniature bright green eggplants

ok then... time for meditation and sleepy time

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X