The Sattiday Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sattiday Squad

morn all...Captain Braveheart here....yep awarded myself that honorary title today..as pretty sharpish I am off the chop shop aka known as dentist to get a root filling..got to be there for 11..and already the sun is out and shining ...where else would you rather be on a day like this.....apart from the dentist?another couple of trips and he will have amassed enough money out of me to build a swimming pool.......
    I digress ...rabbits are out already playing,I love this time of morning ..its so calm peaceful and quiet
    Car turned out pretty good..I can now sit in the back making faces at people without them seeing me!!!:happy2:
    Fitted an automatic vent opener to my greenhouse last night....wrongly I hasten to add..looked like the Forth rail bridge sticking out...a sure trap for any accident prone person ...like moi..now fixed properly ..just got to be set

brew time...

hiya ns ..long time since I saw you here on this fred.....all well in your world?yes I think you are right...all the minuses def outweigh the "they say red wine is good for you "gang..and I think its those little positive messages that kind of edge people towards not quitting when push comes to shove..its like saying smoking calms the nerves...probably doesnt..but all the crap and toxins you inhale probably numbs them into not knowing what is happening ..so when it comes to quitting booze its too easy to say well its good for me..as opposed to treading the long road......if that all makes sense..at 0715 am!!

det ..Im sure you have got plenty of stories mate,obviously not in the same line of work as you but in my past line of work,I have seen budding John Waynes,complacency at its worst shirts with built in muscles ...the lot..more interestingly tho...that photo of the woody is brilliant well done mate...my fave bird over here for colour is the kingfisher..enjoy camping mate.

hiya Sam...hows you then?get the veying done ok?weather hold out for you?the American dream?..dont necessarily think its an american one...though as years go by ..for us individually that dream def re prioritizes itself ....so the fingers held out?

hiya pauly hows you today then?all good I hope.hope you get healthcare sorted out,...as for the fun those years ago...whats to stop ya having a laff now sans booze?

hiya Lav...brew time...as we speak I thought i had fixed that vent opener ..wrong...needs another coat of looking at!!!!its now starting to open at the wrong temp..so its in the freezer to cool it down so that i can re adjust it..that Riga greenhouse looks pretty good ..Id be living in there!!glad you got the dogs urine ,...and then your dinner!

hiya pie hows you then..so you enjoyed the dinner ?also you recognised that a coupla glasses and then a coffee wouldnt cut it for you..well done..the acknowledgement to your self that you couldnt handle that is a biggie..

hi ppqp..hows you then?all good ..hope you "boss" is ok,but mebbe he should be thinking of his health ...how did the I ndian party go?Is it clean up day today?as for the jollidays ..the outlaws have booked one..soon I think

hiya daisy...hows you doing then?you out cycling this weekend?and pic?:thumbsup:

right peeps time to go..

off to sit in the mans chair...this wont hurt a bit ..sharp scratch..yep I know the speech ..see yall have a good one..

hiya SF...just seen you there....hope all is well..enjoy the memorial hall?you are right ...that point in the past cannot be recreated..the characters have changed the time the place...everything,and to say lets get some booze and recreate our recollection of fun simply will not happen..its impossible there are too many other factors involved ..
    Last edited by Mick; July 23, 2016, 02:28 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    Mick, thanks for brew, sure hope this is your last trip to the dentist for a good long time. You've been seeing him or her for way too long!

Back to this farm today that I've been veying. Pretty cool, 1856 plat that calls for a planted rock at a lane, sure enough, you could tell where the road was and there was the planted rock, not a real dramatic one like the one I saw earlier in the day, there nonetheless!

back to the heat, sweat, and fun,
    hope all are well
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning All,

This book I'm reading has a character with some witty observations about his alcoholic mother. Here's one example as Brady arrives home one evening.

"I'm home, Ma!"
      "Hi, honey!"
      Only a moderate slur, which is good for this hour of the evening. If I were her liver, Brady thinks, I'd jump out of her mouth one night while she's snoring and run the fuck away.

:egad:

Comment

Mae everybody, yesterday was a fun day even at 112 went to lunch and had "managers special" which was 1/2 sammich and 1 trip to the salad bar for $8,me and Kell looked funny compared to the other salad people cuz ours were sky high haha,was good though and we were packed from the salads so we saved our sandwich for dinner,of course big Lou smuggled in a happy meal but he did eat some broccoli until he spotted ranch on it,weird cuz my kids practically guzzled ranch straight from the bottle haha,was thinking of what everyone posted about wanting those feelings recaptured and that's really all it is,I'm missing my mom and dad,my sister and brothers and just been rehashing memories, we all partied together but times have changed and that's good,we do still have fun sober,it's just not as crazy or carefree as it was at the time,since then one bro has gotten 2 dui's, another lost custody of his kids,another developed severe anxiety and other health problems from drinking and these boys are in their late 20's and ones 30,so the reality is definitely not the happy great times in my memory, the reality is that alcohol causes all kinds of bullshit problems,sorry I always post about me,that just dawned on me,I'm changing my name to Threadhog hahaha, of course I care about all of you and what's going on, I just seem to go on a rant daily,much love to all,lets have a great Saturday, p.s.Mick I only spent $30 at the 99 cent store yesterday, a new record for me!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Pie,that's funny haha and I like that the guys name is Brady

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...winds and thunder woke me up around 2am. No rain though so just back from watering the tot garden at the centre.

Captain Braveheart....thanks for kicking us off. Hope all went well at the dentist and you were in and out quick. Had staff come in around midnight to deal with the Indian party and set up for today's event. I did pop over there at 7am just to make sure the building was open for them.

Sam...makes the job a lot easier when things are where they're supposed to be eh? Stay safe in the heat.

Pi...Brady has a great imagination. What's the name of the book

Pauly...glad you were able to get out despite the heat. Funny how people's eating habits change as the grow older. Feel free to rant away, sometimes that's all we need.

Not sure what my day will bring, possible trip to the hair salon as I could really use a cut.
            Have a Super Saturday all and all to come....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I can relate, PQ. Haven't had a haircut since April, and definitely in the shaggy zone!

Book is Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King.

Comment

Hello to everyone. Would you mind if I posted here now and again.? It's been a bit slow on the other thread and I need more regular check-ins and it's nice to hear what other folk are up to. Keeps us grounded.
                I even have a bougainvillea plant in the house now. It's very sad as it should be as this is not a country for these tropical beauties. So I can witter about that if need be!

Comment

Tree - we would love to have you join in on the Steppers thread too. Everyone else too, of course. :love:
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Of course you're part of the family TT

Comment

Ahoy hoy ABerooos!!

Captain BraveMick, thanks for the launch into gear. Busy as always I see and hope the dentist is kind

Pauly, please don't apologize, it's great when you open up like that and i can relate.

Pie, awesome quote! reminds me of a line from a Dennis Leery standup routine.

Everyone staying cool in the heatwave i trust? Been mega hot here in the desert, albeit dry at least.

Treetops, good to see you

Last night camping the sky was just fabulous so.....

time to make a refreshing salad

be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

uno mas:

nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Pi...haven't been a fan of Stephen King but am interested in checking this book out.

TT....here's your cushion, we kept it for you.

Hey NoraC...it's great to see old familiars stopping in. Used to post on various threads till things got a little "crazy" so decided to stick to home base. Thanks for the invite to the steppers thread.

Great pics Det....but I can't see my 3 starts. LOL Salad on my dinner menu tonight too. Raided the gardens while I was there watering this morning.

Catch you all later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I started reading the last book in the Mercedes trilogy. I love Stephen King but I have to be in the mood. I'm currently reading whatever free Kindle book catches my interest.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                              I started reading the last book in the Mercedes trilogy
                              YIKES...it's a trilogy. Pi...which book are you on?

Comment

Working...
                              X