the monday muppets....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the monday muppets....

well here we are ...the start of a noo week..title choice...muppets or moaners.......thought we would stick with the former...
    soooo...yesterday it rained here,first for a long time,and today looks of a similar nature...both peskies are out playing though.Went t o have a look at an awning for my car yesterday...going to collect it on Wednesday night....oh and yes at the dentist today again too....and first tomato has gone red!!!

anyway ..on with the show.........lets have a brew first...

good morning Nora C hows things with you today?are you well?your post.....My cousin's daughter in Indiana posted a selfie of her standing outside. Her glasses were fogged up from the humidity!
    aha if glasses were steamed up ...how did she know it was a selfie?did yesterday turn out to be a lazy day?I sometimes get them...but sadly I get bored of doing nothing.hope you have a good day today...

hiya pie...yes I would nip into that gaff ..but why is it advertising that it stinks??? little sign says wifi.....they obviously cant spell wiffy either.....like the petunias..main colour in them is purples and pinks....anyways ..get the brews in...hope all is well with you today....them flowers at the top in the pic are just a deeper shade of petoonia ..you can tell by the trumpet flower..

hiya sk..how are you then?so you are reading kill shot...as well?do you do the same as me ..couple of books on the go at once..usually one on my kindle,and a real book too...Im nearly finished treason..good move on the apple vinegar!

good morning Brian Fried..aka Sam...how are you doing today..but cooler is it?here is what I was talking about re lidar Topographic Survey do you have the same stuff there?

hiya pauly..hows you then?splashing out on a new toilet?(man joke).........did you have a doing nothing day yesterday too?couldnt tell you the last time I ate steak..

hiya Lav ..and hows you today then?take it the construction yard starts again today on the greenhouse?fantasising about snow?you need summat in that brew definitely!!as for the turnip it tasted lovely,diced it ...its swede as a rule you mash.I noticed the wifi sign first

hiya ppqp..hows you then...complete with new haircut?no we dont do a lot of canning...its kind of feast and famine at times ..my succession planting is pretty poor..growing spinach this year for the first time ..seems to be doing ok at the moment...no more hassle from assle?have a great evening...

hiya tt..will leave that as a coverall...mornin evenin afternoon!flake of snow..wow its kind of strange thinking about that from over here...hope your day at work went ok...anything clearer for you?

right peeps time to go...so have a good day/night /morning/ evening /afternoon..delete where not applicable!!

13600112_1082145181873603_7204746218633924868_n.jpg

13699969_1190389240982576_2902131722531625191_n.jpg

and who is this one for then?????

13590458_1185722564782577_6465734412325743714_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hiya everyone - thought I would jump in while its Monday. No Mick, nothing is clearer here about work things - but it was really busy as anything today - so I am very tired. Sorry I cant respond to everyone as my brain is fried - but hope you all have a great day and start to the week.

Comment

morning all
      Thanks for the brew, Mick. Very cool site. Surveys that I do on my own are strictly boundary. Surveys at work are profiling creeks for crossings or culverts. Where is the info published on Lidar surveys for you to determine where to go metal detecting?

Hello TT, I'll take some of that snow!

promises to be another hot humid day here. Back to the toils at the soils. Actually have a few things to do this week, mostly cleaning the paper work for another's project but it least it is something to keep me busy. One farm to visit today as well. I'm pretty much a fried cookie so ready to be in for a bit. Clipped pasture yesterday. Tractor seemed to be on the verge of overheating. The radiator through the years has gotten plugged, even with a screen on the front. 20 years old this year, still running strong so need to give a look see at that.

I enjoy NOT drinking in this kind of weather, which is what I used to do big time. Heat meant beer, and more beer. Funny thing was, it always made me feel hotter. So glad that's over with! Got time to mind dawdle on a tractor.

hope everyone is doing well, no Monday blah's now.... enjoy your day!
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Greetings from the land of the Pi Piper. Thanks, Mick! Nothing on my list for today is time sensitive, so I'll just be dawdling along. Temp job has come to an end with return of lady on baby leave. I'll miss it, and would like to do it permanently, but baby lady is young, and energetic, and talented. Likely won't be a problem for her to juggle two young uns, plus the work.

Sam, I agree that beer is not such a great thirst quencher, but it seemed a good justification for guzzling a few while out in the heat. Speaking of which, several doors down from me is a guy who sits outside every morning and tosses back a couple of tall boys. Such a crap way to live.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,it'll be nice to have an awning for the car,Sam,that old squash was cool Pie,it's a gross way to live but I did it,grrr,yesterday after I posted I had a wave of sadness wash over me,I felt sad cuz I wanted to go to the housewarming party but I already made up my mind to not go,I just don't want to be stagnant in sobriety, everyone says you have to make changes but I don't know what changes to make,of all I'm gonna do is sit around the house not drinking am I making progress? Just something I'm sorting through, I pulled a carrot up for Lou yesterday, it's tiny and he carried it around for 2 hours haha,it was cute,off to find food,TT my brain is fried too but mines from over thinking everything, hope we all have a great day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers!

SWELTERING here, ugh!
            Feels like 105 degrees when you factor the temp & humidity.
            My sunglasses fog up when I get out of my car, ha ha!

Mick, no construction going on today. It's just too hot to function out there.
            I am only running outside long enough to take care of the chickens & chicks.

Sam, I know you are melting too, be careful!

Hi there TT, Pie & Pauly.
            I hope everyone has a good rest of the day, AF of course

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

The funny thing is people associate heat or cold with different AL drinks which is why it's all so much of a learned thing. When I lived in the tropics - gin and tonic was a must and seen as quenching but you know once the sun had gone down and the tonic had run out any old mixer would do. Powdered orange drink! Yuk. Here in NZ it's beer or a 'nice chilled wine'. I like the use of the singular - haha that's a joke. As Sam mentioned actually it's much easier to deal with the heat without AL and a headache and water is the drink humans have depended on.
              Pauly it takes time to sort out yourself when you opt out of an event. We all can feel like that but it soon passes. I can say that you should distract yourself but that's not always easy.
              Lav - for sone strange reason I found myself on the Longwood website. What beautiful gardens. Did you visit this year?
              Ok folks time to head off as it's Tuesday already.

Comment

Hello everyone - have to say that I laughed out loud at your pics, Mick.

Lav - I know that your raise chickens. Do you raise them to keep or do you sell them? I keep trying to figure it out and finally decided it would be easier to ask you.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sweaty greetings ABeroooos!

back from the gym and cooling down now thankfully.

Mick, you have wet rabbits then. Do they shake like wet dogs do?

I see many of our ABers are suffering through great heat and humidity... feeling for you. I detest humidity, hence my being a desert-dweller. I about croaked on our visit of TN last year.

Sam, booze and heat is indeed a dreadful trick to play on our bodies and minds. I get a sick feeling just recalling all the wasted summers I sweated through.

Pauly, sober at home beats the hell out of drunk at home! so yes chalk that up as a win. I tend to be a home body myself, but do challenge myself here and there to be social. I just don't obsess over it either way I guess.

wow, it's been a couple days now without a kitchen-knife injury. I'm feeling gratitude!

no new pics since the stars when camping. Will try to snap some wild horse pictures next.

well, guess it's time to post more crap on ebay.

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Popping in to say hey....Hey!

The day just got away on me....the morning got away so was going to post at work...work got away on me...temp hired to cover for vacationing building superintendent showed up and then promptly went home sick...website wouldn't take the changes I made....upgraded my phone, frig, it's like buying a new computer!...thunder storm rolled in just as I finished my grocery shopping, soaked.com....dinner done, dishes cleaned up....going to watch NCIS and head to bed. Will check back in the morning....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                    X