finding a doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finding a doctor

Ok, so I haven't started the program yet but I have all the supplements, the CD's, I've read the book, even started walking yesterday and have set Monday June 19th as my target date to start my new sober life. I just got an email from my doctor (I have an appointment on Wednesday) saying she didn't really think Topomax was the way to go. I emailed her back saying this is the way I wanted to go, yada yada yada. I even purchased her a PDF version of the book so she can read it a head of time. Anyone have any suggestions on how to persuade her to prescribe it? (that sounds awful to say)

finding a doctor

Magnum,
    Send her the Lancet article and tell her you really want to try this program. Ask her to give you a shot and you'll come back for another appt in a month and if it isn't working you'll try another option. You could also say that you can order the topa offshore, but you would really like to be under the care of a doctor while trying this.

Good luck,
    Marcie

Comment

finding a doctor

Thanks Memarcie! I have the big appointment today. Wish me luck

Comment

finding a doctor

Magnum,

Good luck! I hope you get your doc to listen! Let us know how it goes!

Donna

Comment

finding a doctor

Good luck, Magnum. Remember, not only are you a patient, you are a consumer. Your physician is a doctor, not an MDiety!!!

An informed consumer should be a doctor's best consultant, although not all physicians see it this way, and some feel threatened. YOu are taking an active role in your healthcare, which is a GOOD THING!!

Good luck!
          Kathy

Comment

finding a doctor

Pretty Good News! So I went to the doctors today. She spend almost 2 hours with me asking me a ton of questions about me and the MWO. She's going to read the book on her upcoming trip. She said she would be willing to prescribe as long as my bloodwork looked good. Now the bad news is she is going Ireland and won't be back till the first week of July....but that's ok, I'm making progress. She did talk to me about my diet and gave me fish oil instead of primose to take. She wants me to eat 90 grams of protien a day! She said it would help with the cravings. I'm starting my supplements routine on Monday.......Yahooooo!

Comment

finding a doctor

Yippee!!!! I'm so glad she is gonna give it a try. My doc was actually excited too. And let me tell ya Mag....the topa really helps a lot. Today is day 8 for me and even tho I'm in buckets of stress right now...I'm hangin in there. (our little baby kitten died this am among many issues) There is so much encouragement here too which is helpin me I think...bein able to encourage others to go for it too. So heres a great big GO FOR IT! GABBY (thanks....that helped me just now)

Comment

finding a doctor

sorry about your kitten

Gabby, sorry to hear about your kitten. That's so sad, to loose a pet
                Glad to hear you're doing good with everything else...
                And Magnum, I hope you're able to get topa when your doc gets back. I really think it's been life-changing for me!

Comment

finding a doctor

Re: sorry about your kitten

thankyou so much judy. hard day today. gabby

Comment

finding a doctor

gabby i'm so sorry about your loss. i'm sitting here having finished work and i'm with my dogs. now, i'm a half hour away from civilization. i would like to go and do something. my hubby is out of town. but i really like being with my dogs. and today is my only day a week to hang with em. so i know losing a little loved one is tough sniff sniff. let's see you are on day 9? memory is a little edgy right now. wowowowowowow well, i'm so proud of you whatever day you are on. >D
                    kimber

Comment

finding a doctor

thanks kimber

Comment

finding a doctor

Oh Gabby, being a pet lover myself I feel for ya.

I had a 4 yr old cat and I came home from work one day to find him bleeding from his mouth and laying at the foot of my bed. I was bawling as I took him to the vet. He had a steroid shot a few days before to help with acne and it ended up killing him. I was soooo upset. The vet called me at work and said he was ok, but pets do better if their owners visit them, so I went on lunch to see him and they told me he had to be put down. Wow, awful day.

I also went with my mom-in-law to have her dog put down 2 months after she lost her husband.

So, I've been in the pet loss situation a few times.

Take care,
                        Marcie

Comment

finding a doctor

Thanks so much Marcie, wow, everyone here is so sweet and supportive. Truly the most real bunch of people I have met I think ever really. I cant believe I have cried so much today without drinkin beer. Actually funny when I think about it. G

Comment

Working...
                          X