Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the wednesday wonders

Father Jacques Hamel, we pray for you.

morning peeps...how are things today then?in our world that is ..not the crap being created out there....mouth not as sore today,thankfully...no longer on dribbly mince and yoghurt..in fact having a brew as we speak....weather no so clever,but hey cest la vie..so without further ado let us move on...

good morning det..hows you then?all good hopefully and well done on the no booze....yep you are right,just beware of the complacency..it will smack you in the head somewhere and that then is the time to put up...nice pic of the horse...why was it barred?get it the big white bar......ok ok Ill get me coat.....
    did you see the series forged in fire about the blade smiths...its o here now,really interested ..but you can also get all the episodes on you tube..well worth watching...

hiya tt..wow that sounds like the day from hell!!hope today was better for you...the sun coming up over the ocean...wow what a view....for me thats the only thing missing ..I love water..ie rivers,the sea etc ,not chucking it down vertically but as a view!!as for the dentist..nope this isnt a nat health job unfortunately,but out of the royal bank of me!!have a great evening......hope everything is fixed.

hiya ppqp...wonderful technology...you can order food ,groceries,and now booze online isnt technology wonderful..that now means you dont hafta venture outside ever again..one teensy weensy flaw in that..to pay for it all ,you need to work..ergo the need to go out..
    hope you had a good day...as for the ice cream....ermmmm yup there was some here.....

hiya Sam..hows you today then?any luck on the transit van front?did you manage to get one?try over here ..there are hundreds of the sods on the road!!hope your day goes well friend....

well then Lav,how are you ?still not working on the greenhoose?must be honest if it was me ,would be itching to get on with it....anyways brew time...you still getting the storms out there?I had some dwarf broad beanz last night they were mmmmmm..only trouble is ,you would need about a truckload to get a decent meal!!..have a grand day..oops meant to ask hows the big dog?

hiya pie...wow you ok?let me tell you a little story ...on Sunday I went to look at awnings for the back of the car..went to the site,and the reception..before I had gone I had arranged with this bloke (who had gone on holiday)everything I wanted..he in turn said that he would pass the info on to another sales person called Dominic..so on the sunday I trundled up to the reception desk guy asks if he can help...I say Im looking for Dominic..said guy says Dominic is busy,can he help..no says I ,Dominic has the info..this guy then sees his ass and gets all moody and you can tell he was in a right strop muttering etc.So I start....Julie is like that ...just forget it blah blah..moi Im like ..is this the way you treat customers ? if yuove got something to say then say it etc etc...

Eventually sees Dominic...he had been passed no info,and the info I had been given was wrong he had to order what I wanted,which meant going back to see my favourite person on the desk..so I explained to him what happened,and apologised..he in turn agreed that he felt his nose had been put out of joint and he had come back from his hols 2 am that morning...In the end he was more than helpful..and in fact gave me £25 off the list price.....long story I know...trying to say but basically it might be worth having a wee chat first and explaining how you feel etc..there may be a reason..if not then you can get the big guns out!

hiya ns ....how are you doing hows the gkids?

hey pauly how are you today then?you got over the grouch...we all get like that at times..doesnt mean jack...apart from that we are yooman....you thought of anything you would like to do interest wise?

hiya sk you ok?likewise Nora C....

folks it a goodbye from moi but have a grand day.........

I was dancing with this overweight girl in a club and she kept looking at her watch.
    "It's nearly twelve," she said. "I'll have to go."
    "Why, do you change into a beautiful princess?" I asked.
    "No, you sarcastic git," she replied. "The fecking kebab shop shuts at one."

What do we want?
    Race car noises!
    When do we want them?
    Neeeeeeoooooowwwwwwwwwwwww

My young daughter has just asked me if she could watch the Justin Bieber movie:
    "It's rated 12," she said.
    "Out of a fcking hundred I assume?"

I said to a mate at work, "My son is so stupid. Yesterday he stole my next door neighbour's phone and got caught."
    He said, "Did the police do a trace on it?"
    I said, "No, they followed the cable to my house."

The fact that there is a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic load.

You know you're drunk when you get home, put food in the microwave and then enter your pin number.

Report: Men who took advantage of cheap holidays to Benidorm in the 1970s are now dying of melanoma.
    Unlike my Dad who took a beach holiday to Blackpool in the 1970s, and died of hypothermia
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    glad to hear you're on themed, Mick. Yogurt's one of my favorites with mango!

went to look but did not buy transit. Need to think before spending that kind of $$. They now have a windows program on them, which always gives me pause; file not found could be my mantra.

Lav, think I'd wait for the heat to subside before building that G-H, though a couple of years ago I built a chicken house in summer heat extravaganza. I was trying to keep myself occupied whilst beginnings of staying sober, I succeeded!

off to the mines, hope everyone enjoys their day
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, just a quick fly by to say hi,hope everyone has a nice Wednesday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Good to hear the mouth is better, wouldn't want you going through caffeine withdrawl. Saw the flaw in that theory right after I posted it. LOL Just got a text from a coworker, she's sitting in ICU with her husband. Had to do CPR last night. Kinda puts a different perspective on the crap going on in my life.

Sam...wonder if you could find a transit with Linux on in it. LOL I'm going to bite the bullet and upgrade to 10 before the July 29 deadline. Been running it at work for a couple of months now and quite like it.

Pauly...hi on the fly to you too. Hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Shout out to all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Morning All, Your microwave joke gave me a good chuckle this morning, Mick. I appreciate your story as well. It's true that we all arrive at situations with different needs to be met, and sometimes those needs seem to be in conflict. But you're right that with some communication, usually common ground can be found, so that both sides are satisfied. I'm going to file this lesson up front, so that it can be handy next time I need it.

PQ, interesting bit about AL delivery through the postal service. Just what the world needs, a way to make addiction more convenient. SMH! Got something special planned for your long weekend?

Lav, I'll sign that petition inviting a Canadian cold front to head our way. First stop, Pennsylvania, then Virginny, on to Texas, then west to Nevada. There, we've even planned its itinerary! How helpful are we?

Det! I've always wanted to cook a tri-tip roast! How do you prepare yours?

Greetings to TT, NS, SF, and to Nora on the occasion of her massive milestone!

I'm off to take my dogs to their annual vet exams, then meeting with a potential new client this afternoon.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

It was a busy Hump day, ha ha!
            Stilll hot, still humid but we are getting flood warnings - they still haven't predicted any storms so you have to wonder exactly where these floods are coming from - crazy stuff.

Mick, glad you are starting to feel better
            YB has been going outside to do a little work here & there but ends up back inside drenched in sweat, yuck. He's been putting the windows & door together for the greenhouse so that's good.
            My big dog seems to be doing better, keeping my fingers crossed. Keeping her off of dry dog food & feeding her rice, chicken & green beans has helped her digestive troubles. I am keeping her on her thyroid medicine 2X/day but have decreased her Rx pain med to 2X/week - leave it to a nurse to figure this stuff out, LOL

Sam, a Windows OS may be OK provided their not using Windows 10
            I don't blame you for being hesitant in making that purchase.

PQ, it is scary having someone close to you in ICU. I hope your coworker's husband pulls thru.

Pie, we just may be getting some weather relief soon so I will gladly send it your way.
            I hope your dogs checkups went OK.

Pauly, why so quiet? Come back & talk to us!!

Det, loved your bird pics, thanks!

Peace to all tonight!
            I'm going to watch the saner DNC now.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey all - thank you again.

Mick - your poem meant so much to me. :hug: Thank you.

Going to try to get a little breeze blowing thru to the bedroom. Hopefully we'll be able to sleep. I did hear someone talking about a cold front, right?
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
              X