its the thirsdi teatotal tribe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the thirsdi teatotal tribe

mornig good people and how are we all today then?good bad indifferent?its a grand day here weather wise,going down to see my brother today,he has got another boat that he is doing up...from what he says about it..think he has bought a right pile of poop ,but hey..he wants me to give him a hand to lift the engine out..I was 15 when I started my apprenticeship in marine engineering...so yep engines were a tad different then...I even worked on a coal burner..so heaven knows where he thinks my knowledge is at ..few spanners lotsa swear words ,few brews..job done...
    got the awning for the back of the car last night..certainly increases the living area footprint...anyways best get my skates on if I want to join the motorway car jam!

brew time all round....

hiya Nora C...question..."so when did you give up drinkin" answer wow let me think..long pause for effect "over a year now".........yeehah sounds great...so pleased for you..this is where it no longer becomes a target,but more of a way of life ..the target becomes maintaining it and being watchful but I know you will handle that too...
    well done to you..

Sam...just reading your post....mr duh here...I actually thought you were talking about getting a new vehicle...!!!a transit..and you put windows 10...and I thought what kind of wagon is he buyin with windows 10 in it??then the penny dropped..didnt hafta drop far!
    We have manged to get tickets to see Billy Connolly...I remember him startin out with his wee banjo..the tickets sold out within 2 hours!

wowee pauly..zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomm that was a quickie...how are you all good I hope...was looking at world temperatures yesterday..(as you do and your neck of the woods was 43 degrees eek..

pie...just couldnt resist it.....your post..I'm off to take my dogs to their annual vet exams,...hope they pass ok..what are they studying? apart from that hows you..?

ppqp...hiya...hows you then...you will need to give us instructions here on windows 10...Im in he same league as Lav here ..vista xp etc...so what are you doing this weeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeeeeend..is that long enuff?yes your mates situ sure puts things in perspective....

hiya tt....how are you this evening?all good I hope...have you got the house issues under control now?and work ?any change in that situ?

hiya Lav ..brew time...hows things there then...yep thanx for askin about the teef...one of the crowns has come off..get that concrete in ..for a pool for maxie..if you are getting rain on the way..then job done!you not going out to help build the green house..haaaaaaaaaaaaa.

hiya det sk and everbuddy else ..have a good one...........

Lav......

13654344_888409631303660_7152238094602702570_n.jpg

13775506_888651604612796_737654514457582902_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    first and foremost a hearty yeehaw!!! to you Nora C. Don't ever look back! Ain't nuthin there but misery and regret back there, eh?

Mick, thanks for the brew, yep still looking for that car that has windows 10, or is it 10 windows?? Actually a person I work with has one of those cars that can parallel park itself. I want a demonstration! I want to make sure someone isn't pulling my leg, is there such a thing?

little cooler weather coming our way with some storms. looking forward to it.

off to the races, hope everyone enjoys their firssday!
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mick, your words to Nora, "this is where it no longer becomes a target, but more of a way of life," sure hits that nail on the head! I love celebrating milestones, but it's all the AF hours and days in between where the benefits of life without alcohol play out.

Sam, I'm still a Windows 10 hold out as well.

I've been doing small projects around the house. The kind that have been on my "that can wait" list since I bought the place. Took the track lights down for a thorough cleaning, started painting security bars. I like the results!

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,I think you meant to type 143 degrees haha!I think the computer downstairs still has Windows xp or something, we only use it for Louies YouTube videos and to Google stuff anyways, now Brady has the fancy gamer computer,bought it for $500 and put another $200 for upgrades, waste of money IMO,he coulda bought a car,an old beater but still, I think I feel better,I felt PAWS-y for about 3 days but yesterday I didn't think of alcohol at all,I say I think because I don't wanna say I feel great,then later be whining about something else, Sam,I need a car that parallel parks itself haha,I never learned, just drive around the block a hundred times until something opens up hello to Pie,Lav,PQ,Det,SF hope today is great for us all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Late morning greetings Abbers!

Busy start today, grandson here but I left him with YB so I could still go to Curves, ha ha!
          Hoping to see an end to this extreme heat & humidity after some storms roll thru later.

Mick, thanks for the cartoons - very life-like, Lol
          I don't trust my dog in more than a few inches of water so there will be no inground pool here. We built a pool at our previous house which was nice but I don't want one now. Have fun with your brother's new boat

Hi Sam! I hope we get some east coast heat relief SOON!

Pie, my 'things to do later' list gets bigger by the day. Good for you getting some of those jobs done.

Pauly, kids need a decent computer for school these days. It's good that Brady got himself a good one. Be grateful & learn to accept the good days as they come. That was something I had to teach myself as well.

Ok, time to feed the young one - he's a 5 year okd eating machine, Lol
          Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all - still finding it tricky to post during the week as mornings are a rush at the moment and in the evenings I am a zombie. Its Friday now and very cold.
            Pauly - I cant parallel park and I have been driving for decades - like you I just drive until I find a park I can get into. Not very practical. I agree with Lav that kids need good computers - thats another purchase coming up here for my daughter.
            Mick - haven't sorted out all the house stuff yet as we are not sure what to do and the 'experts' we have had in are useless too. No catastrophes at the moment. Work remains in a state of continued stress but next week we may have clearer indications of what is going on.
            Nora - I quit a few times before I quit, and I think i always had and excuse for drinking at the back of my mind (convinced I was different and suffered from anxiety/depression etc and drink would take the edge of). So when a crisis came up it would tip me over the scales.I also hung onto an 'out' that I could drink again one day. For me, the thinking of one day at a time didn't work at all - I needed to tell myself that this was the end of an era and that I was embarking on a new stage in my life. I thought of it as a very serious campaign and I gathered everything I could to help me on that journey. It became my obsession until I kind of stopped thinking about quitting and adjusted to this new way of life.
            Hi there Sam -I think I will be able to send you some snow today.
            I better run and wave to Det, PQ and all others - here is a snowball!

Comment

Hi Pauly! How old is your Brady?

Lav, I admire your discipline in getting yourself to Curves as often as you do.

TT, I'll take a snowball! We see snow here once every decade or two.

Comment

He's 18 Pie,it's hot today I think 115 they say will be the high

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

So yeah, I see why you think a car would be nice for Brady to have. Does 115 set a heat record?

Comment

I dunno yet if it's record,I'll see later when the news comes on and update you haha

Comment

MAE ALL...quick flyby as I'm running behind in getting organized for my dog duties this weekend. Have to get Windows 10 installed before midnight tomorrow to get the free upgrade. It'll really tick me off if they extend it. Will check in properly when I can....:smile:PPQP

Comment

No record Pie hubs was at a house on a golf course and he and the lady were talking about what needed to be fixed when they heard a big crash like a glass falling, turn the corner and see a golf ball rolling across the floor, the lady was pissed! Hubs had to go outside cuz he couldn't quit laughing, I laughed so hard when he was telling me the story haha

Comment

Gee whiz! Imagine looking out your window and bam!

Mick - thank you for those thoughtful words. Another toolbox item.

TT - I think it is interesting what works for one person doesn't for someone else. In my head and heart, I KNEW that I would not drink again. And yet, I couldn't say never again.

Lav - I had to laugh about your 5 year old eating machine. We had some of our great nephews over a couple weeks ago. 9,11,12,18. Talk about eating machines. lol

Back to my movie but wanted to say hi...........
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                          X