NEWBIES IN NEED DAY 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIES IN NEED DAY 17

Its late afternoon in the UK and I've just logged on for the first time today and there's no newbies' thread - see, the whole thing is going to pot without you Blue!!!! You've just got to come back, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, a very happy Father's Day to all our Daddies out there - hope you've had a special one.

A special hello to anyone new visiting our daily thread, Uda, Keke,its great to hear from you and to those returning - retteach, June is not over yet so keep on posting here - I missed you! - and you can still turn it around - you too Nancy!!!

Well I had my 2 glasses of red last night (still from the bottle I opened last weekend) and I will probs have the last 2 glasses out of it tonight then no more till next Saturday. Can't believe it really as its not long ago 1 bottle was not enough for 1 evening!! I think this week will be more of a test though with having a drink 2 nights running. But then, I remember there's a programme on TV tomorrow night in the UK on Dispatches - C4 or BBC2 can't remember which, about drinking - so think that will motivate me for this week!!!!!!!
    Remember to watch it everyone if you can - it will do us good.

Well, off to cook Sunday dinner - enjoy the rest of your day, much love Janicexxxxxxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

NEWBIES IN NEED DAY 17

Sunday in the US

Hi!!!

I didn't see the thread today so i posted on daily monthly moderation.

I like this one though!

I went to a wedding yesterday and had three glasses of wine. meant to have only two.

I was very concious of my desire to cut down the whole while I was having the wine. this is new for me.

I also became very concious of growing self-esteem, which I think is essential for those of us who suffer from depression. if you don't think much of yourself, there isn't much reason to take care of your drinking either. if you do care and want yourself to have a good life, it becomes easier. I often feel that I have this nonstop thinking in my brain (including negative thoughts) that slows down, mercifully, while drinking. but there has to be a better way to deal with that.

Janice, I am a little surprised you are drinking again, you know, after your successful thirty days, why did you feel you wanted to go back to drinking?

Hope you all are doing well...

including, especially Bluesky! hope the admin gets to the bottom of this.

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED DAY 17

Nancy, I did 42 days which was last Sunday, 6 weeks. I thought that was a good point for me to see if I could moderate. When I first started MWO I just wanted to drink "normally" if there's such a thing for me! Anyway, I'm giving moderation a go - had one glass of red last Sunday, 2 glasses last night and 2 glasses tonight. Rule is no weekday drinking, just Sat & Sunda, no drinking alone....oh, and no white wine!!!!! (my downfall!)
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED DAY 17

Hi everybody,

Thanks for starting the thread, Janice. I really hope bluesky will come back - so sad that such an upsetting thing happened to her - not that you're not doing a great job Janice!

On my 3rd day AF and doing ok despite challenge of champagne party this afternoon. Have realised that what makes me so uncomfortable about these situations (no drink at parties) is that I don't feel comfortable approaching people I don't know, so I stand around like a lemon. With a drink in my hand (or more likely several under my belt) I become the 'life and soul' of the party (until I fall over etc., when I become a major nuisance).

I seem to be fine when people approach me first (desperately grateful, in fact) and have no problems in professional situations. Anyone else suffer from this?

Hope you're all having a successful day.

Uli

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED DAY 17

Good late morning everyone,
          Thanks Janice for taking the plunge and starting the thread today.
          Good morning Nancy. I understand your feelings about self esteem. I struggled with that for years. And it's hard to explain but I finally learned to love myself at a time when I was very overweight and though no one else would ever understand that it truly came from within and so I know that it is real. From that point on, issues I had buried for years come to the surface and I dealt with them one by one. That is why I am puzzled about why I really drink, but maybe after I stop for good I will figure that out as well.

I'm on day 7 AF today. DH and I are going to do errands and house projects. I'm going to bake some bread for him and make dinner. When I cook is when I like to drink wine but I just won't.

Have a great day.

Melissa
          If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED DAY 17

Uda,
            I'm the same way, very introverted until I'm at a party with a drink then I've never met a stranger. My husband says how do you do it? Why is it that when I'm drinking I remember everyone's name, but at other times I can't remember at all?

go have fun, at least have juice or something in a wine or champagne glass, it will help some.

Let us know how it goes.

Melissa

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED DAY 17

hello all. am wanting to check in also and just say hello. not much to tell but in af land no major event that will catapult me to alcohol today. must go meet clients and see some new props on the market. am excited to see a movie with hubby tonight. i too have a plan as well for 5 more weeks of af and then see where to go from there. so we shall see. i'm doing the all out bootcamp program too so healthy work outs tend to support no drinking as you have to get up at an ungodly hour to run the beach and do this crazy horrendous workout 4 times a week. so, all good luck today. happy sunday. uda, i wish you well. i know how you feel exactly. and melissa you crack me up. nancy you always seem to have such sage wisdom in your posts. nice nice. and tell that gal to come back. janet thanks for keeping thread going
              :welcome:

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED DAY 17

Hi everyone: It's afternoon here & I still haven't had a drink. I'm into day 2 & am determined. I'll try to log on later or tomorrow. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED DAY 17

Hi everyone. Thanks Janice for starting the post today. I hope Bluesky is back soon but we should keep this going no matter what, so whoever gets on and doesn't find it, lets agree to start it. Retteach keep determined -you can do it. I'm getting ready to head off for vacation tomorrow for a week so I have to be brief but wanted to check in and tell everyone to have a good week.

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED DAY 17

Louise, have a great vacation, you will be missed greatly.
                    Reteach, hope you are still hanging in there talking back to those voices, just get downright nasty with them like whoever is sending those pm's to our friends , , maybe they will get lost...seriously, feel stronger than the voices because you are. When you start feeling weak just log in here and get some support. It has helped me more than you know.

Melissa

Comment

Working...
                    X