saturday soberistas.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saturday soberistas.com

hey folks here we are then the weekend is here yeehah and its sunny too..been out i n the garden since daft o clock,planting roses in tubs etc,not going detecting tomorrow,will be next weekendgoing out in a wee while so need to get my skates on...
    brew time it is...

hiya det...you ok mate...its sad to hear about dx s friend ,but at least he/she is alive,fingers crossed..Im not sure anyone understands the deliberate attempt at taking your own life,there is a difference between a cry for help and the act of finality....I used to work in a female prison...and believe me it was the saddest part of my career I worked run of the mill ,remands juvenile High security male adult ..but that is the one that still brings back the thoughts to the extent ,I actually went and did a university course on mental health awareness..anyways..keep you chin up matey,best of luck with the photo shoot too..if you need to chat pm me buddy..

hiya tt...reckon its Saturday night your neck of the woods...you had a good day?hope so ..did you get you dvd fix?I dragged an old film out to watch last night...Convoy!!

hiya pie...hows ou then?thats a great sign that the buildings are no longer empty etc,it sounds like a good place really,especially when its maintained well....do you have to do your own looking after too?

hiya pauly ..could be anything thats making you dizzy...one thing you can be sure it aint the booze lady!could be blood pressure,sugars anyfink..did I tell you Julie went to the doc...she has really low blood pressure....fk knows how living with moi..but anyways when it went a bit wrong on the plane she was stood up...the drop in cabin pressure as it was coming down to land in conjunction with her low bp..thats what put her into scary mode...anyway hope you are better today...you learned any jockanese yet..or are you working on the oirish?

hiya Lav...brew time...yes this pair are defo spoiled..I have jst walked over the back fields to get some dandelion leaves for them!!how are you today then ?quiet day is it on the ranch?no kids no nothing....just you n the dogs..and a greenhouse and yb...have a good one..dental stuff ..shhhhh its ok at the moment..

hiya sf ..lost the post..its crap when that happens hope you are all ok hope your weekend is good

big shout to all the rest of the gang ppqp, sam ...hows you ?nora c sk hope all good..enjoy the weekend...

13886328_1751174261823286_4082953527086959378_n.jpg

13626340_1750459568561422_7855434764993223242_n.jpg

13680862_1751639455110100_1616090015762062595_n.jpg

13895249_1751713728436006_4442606212765368415_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Funny, funny graphics there, Mick! I made the move to Windows 10 yesterday. Other than it taking a v-e-r-y long time to install, haven't encountered any problems. Finished the Mr. Mercedes novel, and it gets two thumbs up from me. Great plot, interesting characters, and I really like Stephen King's writing style. I'm up to this and that today, plenty of it dog related. So happy to have a clear head, and the freedom to come and go at any time. Thanks for being my AF support system, y'all!

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,for some reason I understand most of your jockanese haha,think it's just from reading you all these years was dizzy again at the grocery store wtf? Had to hurry up and get home,scared to drive I really hope I don't have it at work again today,I don't think it's anxiety cuz I don't feel anxious, trying to think if I started any new health supps,all I can think of is a meal replacement shake I bought, well it's supposed to be a meal replacement but I still eat oatmeal with it haha,maybe it's that,it has soy so maybe I'm being poisoned by Round up haha,I HATE working on Saturday it's the worst for some reason, just gotta buck up and go,Pie,as long as you're happy and safe where you live that's all that matters, funny how people around here buy homes in those gated communities thinking they're safe when actually they get broken into more,its so easy to gate jump,they have rain forecasted all week, bullshit,just means sticky,hot air,I'll keep you posted, much love to all have a greeeat day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MIck, your graphics remind me of a chemistry class I had to retake in college. The first time I took it I got a D so repeated it in summer achool and got another D! One of the questions on our final related to viscosity. Sure, I had studied all the stuff from the book but she asked us to calculate the viscosity of hamburger grease! WTH? That was nowhere in the book!
        Pie, glad you are doing well with Windows 10.... Have you tried to PRINT something? Have you tried to find 'your stuff'? It's just different enough to drive you bonkers! Good luck!
        Pauly, I hate working on Saturdays also, its not natural! Hope your dizziness goes away, weird how that comes on like that...scary. Hope its nothing! Thinking of you.
        Hope everyone has a wonderful Sattidy! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

hope you are feeling better pauly...

new jockanese words...

baffies......slippers

gagie (gaygay? face

mockit....dirty /filthy

mingin/steamin/blootered.....drunk

ma heid is nippin..Ive got a sore head

3 parrots for sale.£100, £200 and £15,
          The woman asks,why is that parrot so cheap?
          The shopkeeper replies"Because it used to live in a brothel"
          The woman thinks its funny & buys the parrot.
          When she gets home the parrot says fck me a new Brothel,the woman laughs.
          Her 2 daughters come home,parrot says.fck me new Prossies ,the girls laugh.
          The husband comes home & the parrot says,fck me Allen I haven't seen you for weeks
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Saturday

Det - really sorry to hear about the friend. My good friend just lost her FIL. He was 92 and he shot himself. It was devastating even at his age.

Pauly - I've been having some dizzy spells too. I think I'm going to get my ears checked. Maybe an ear infection?

Pie - I did like that book. I still haven't gotten into the 3rd one though. Maybe this afternoon.

Byrdie - chemistry YUCK

Lav - how many chickens do you have now?

Ok - off to be lazy some more. nthego:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers!

It's another crappy day in the neighborhood here, yuck. Heat, humidity, rain........maybe even locusts later, ha ha!!

Mick, the greenhouse construction is on hold until some parts are delivered. Apparently the company packed too many of one part & too few of another or some such thing. I told you I am staying out of this
              I hope your day is clear & fabulous!!

Pie, we are lucky to have such a loving & supportive group here. We understand each other even if we have language differences, LOL

Byrdie, I had a nutrition class in college where the instructor held up a package of M&Ms & told us to calculate the total number of carbs. That was our quiz for the day, ha ha!!!

Nora, right now I have a new flock of 37 baby birds about 6 weeks old. I still have a flock of 20-some older girls but they will be retiring soon

Pauly, you need a vacation!!!!

Hello to everyone else checking in today. Have a great AF Saturday.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi there Sunday already. Had a pretty bad day yesterday with feeling very low and weepy. It's stuff happening at work, or about to happen. But I still have to soldier on and perform. I think I also have the winter doldrums -it's just been too bitter to walk outside even if I am rugged up. When I get like this I stop eating and then my mood just gets worse. my daughter made me eat so that's a turn around! I know I have so much to be grateful. Oh well today is another day and I will try to tackle things in a different light. Sorry to present such a downer.
                Very sorry about your friend Det. Afraid I understand where that comes from but I also know the impact a suicide has on others. A former partner did this - after we had split. He had substance abuse and mental health issues.
                Be well everyone.

Comment

I agree, Lav. There's Mick's language, and then what the rest of us speak.

Hey TT, hope the blues don't hang on for too long.

Comment

Pie--I've read every Stephen King book, except the Dark Tower Series (holding onto those until there are no new stories being produced). The craft of his writing, the winding of the words always has me in awe. I remember holing up in my room as a kid and reading his stories....still do it today. Now I read books he recommends.

Det--I live the life of a hummingbird. Liz Gilbert had a great talk on it and it resonated. I stayed too long at too many jobs. Built a career up to high paid veteran status and ultimately was bored and miserable. I also realize this sense of purpose...is a bunch of BS. I'm certainly done taking life so seriously.

So sorry about your friend. I certainly can understand those depths.

Comment

Working...
                    X