Christmas Eve...ooops sorry 2 August!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Eve...ooops sorry 2 August!

hiya foks yizall good today then I hope..??some sad tales on here ,but stick with it folks,they would be lot worse if the booze wiz in control and not you...so put on yer determined drawers and stick with it...meanwhile...a brew is called for......
    had the first of my big tomatoes off this morning ...it was luvverly ..Alicante type..really sweet...just ditched all the radishes I had grown..the peskies dont like em ,Julie dont eat em ,and with my teef at the mo..thru a blender yes otherwise a big pain for nothing...another coupla months and Ill be doing my Simon Cowell look alike but until then nope..also pulled the onions yesterday...not a bad crop at all...

right lets go....

hi SK...Firstly big hugs to you..all we can do is support you when you want to talk or need it,but imho I think your husband needs to see a doctor of heads...if he thinks that he is going to stiff you like that and you end up with nothing,all I would say he needs to go see the bump feeling doctor...cos that one needs examined!!the very best to you in getting what is yours...I think he is in pretty crap position to be making any sort of arrangements and demands especially earnings related...the big problem is the winners in these situations are the lawyers.....

Breaking nooz det...no ice cream for me last night....this diet thing is getting a we bit seryous when that happens!..as it happens Ive got some blood tests coming up so need to kinda follow the rules a bit!good luck on the interview today mate....Israel is one place I always wanted to go..take it that its not worth puttin g to the top of the bucket list?

hiya Lav...brew time for you ...hows you today then ...see I told you that pool would have been a dawdle all that rain ...job wouldve been done....take it the grrenhouse is on hold?waiting for spare parts and weather?

hiya ppqp...you doing ok?hope so..

hiya tt...hows your day been ?you feeling ok?work still up in the air?never seen happy valley...will need to goggle it...all these questions questions questions...hope you have a good evening.

pauly ...hows you then today...portion control...yeh right ..I do the same..not....but last night is the first night without gelato since I came back from Italy....girl your defo selling Vegas as a tourist hot spot...hope you have a great day ...

hiya Sam the man and pie hope you are both doing good......

look at this little beauty....its called a silver fox rabbit..a guy had them,horrible sh.t ,got fed up with them and gave them to my friend with the intention that he "dispose" of them there are 3 of them ..really gorgeous..if I could take another one ..I really would...good news is that they will Not be disposed of ..and thats me putting it nicely for what the intent was..

20160731_130438.jpg

right peeps time to go ..goodly bye have a good day..big hug sk.

Sharks do not get cancer

A newborn kangaroo can fit in a teaspoon. After it’s born, it crawls into the mother’s pouch.

A cow will let herself be led up the stairs, but it will be impossible for you to lead her down the stairs again.

An average raindrop falls at the speed of roughly 7 miles an hour.

The hashtag is really called an "octotroph".

The Bible mentions all sorts of domesticated animals – with the exception of the cat.

Literature aside, the average, healthy person can differentiate between 500 shades of grey.

In France it is illegal to name your pig "Napoleon".

Crazy American Laws You Won’t Believe Still Exist Today

Did you know that these bizarre state laws existed?

ALABAMA: You can’t wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.

ALASKA: It’s against the law to wake bears for the purposes of taking a picture.

ARIZONA: It’s illegal to drive a car in reverse.

ARKANSAS: You’re not allowed to pronounce Arkansas incorrectly.

CALIFORNIA: You will be fined if you detonate a nuclear device.

COLORADO: People must not dress unbecoming of their sex.

CONNECTICUT: Scrabble is not to be played while politicians are giving an oration.

DELAWARE: You may not marry on a dare.

FLORIDA: Women who kill themselves by electrocution in a bathtub with a “self-beautification utensil” will be fined.

GEORGIA: You can’t keep ice cream in your back pocket on Sundays.

HAWAII: Everyone is required to own a boat.

IDAHO: Motorists or pedestrians may not scowl or grimace.

ILLINOIS: Midget tossing is illegal in bars, but is legal in other parts of the city if you have a permit

INDIANA: Everyone is required to work on a public road six days a year.

IOWA: One-armed piano players must perform for free.

KANSAS: If two trains meet on the same track, neither shall proceed until the other has passed.

KENTUCKY: It’s required that you register all nude people in your home.

LOUISIANA: It is an assault for a person wearing false teeth to bite someone.

MAINE: You can’t buy a car on Sunday unless it has plumbing.

MARYLAND: One cannot spit on the sidewalk.

MASSACHUSETTS: The sexual position “woman on top” is illegal.

MICHIGAN: It’s against the law to have sex in a car unless it’s parked on your own property.

MINNESOTA: You must list your date of death on tax forms.

MISSISSIPPI: A man must not seduce a woman by promising her marriage.

MISSOURI: Single men between 18 and 50 must pay a $1 tax.

MONTANA: Seven or more Indians are considered a raiding or war party… and you can shoot them. (Today, we call that racism…)

NEBRASKA: It’s illegal to go whale fishing within the state.

NEVADA: A man can’t buy drinks for more than three people at a time.

NEW HAMPSHIRE: It’s illegal to show a movie before 2 pm.

NEW JERSEY: One cannot sell cabbage on Sundays.

NEW MEXICO: Idiots may not vote. Nor may insane people.

15-nm

NEW YORK: You may not stick your thumb to your nose and wiggle your fingers at someone.

NORTH CAROLINA: Bingo games cannot last more than 5 hours.

NORTH DAKOTA: Beer and pretzels cannot be served at the same time.

OHIO: One cannot kill a housefly within 160 feet of a church.

OKLAHOMA: It’s illegal to make funny faces at dogs.

OREGON: Canned corn is not to be used as fishing bait.

PENNSYLVANIA: It’s a crime to tell a fortune-teller where to dig for buried treasure.

RHODE ISLAND: Lunacy is grounds for divorce.

SOUTH CAROLINA: You have to be at least 18 to play a pinball machine.

SOUTH DAKOTA: You can’t sleep in a cheese factory.

TENNESSEE: Crimes against nature are illegal.

TEXAS: Criminals must notify their victims 24 hours in advance of the nature of their crimes yet to be committed.

UTAH: Husbands are responsible for their wives’ criminal behavior in their presence.

VERMONT: Margarine must be served in triangle patties.

VIRGINIA: The chicken labor lobby has set the egg laying workday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

WASHINGTON: All lollipops are banned.

WEST VIRGINIA: Roadkill may be taken home for dinner.

WISCONSIN: It’s illegal to serve margarine to prisoners.

WYOMING: It’s against the law to have sex while standing up in a walk-in meat freezer.

While all of these laws are technically real, it’s safe to say that most of them are either ignored by their respective states and/or common sense. Still, for some strange reason, they remain in the books.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mae everybody, Mick no ice cream for me either but I did have a lemon square that the kids had leftover from catering and a hot chocolate I'm starting to think that it really is sugar causing a lot that ails me,who knows, PQ,you've been quiet, what's up? My opinion of Vegas is different cuz I live here I guess,I hate L.A too though so basically I hate where there's a lot of weirdos haha, San Diego wasn't bad(most of it anyway) so it's not that I don't like cities, some places just attract undesirable peeps, gotta get rolling, much love to all, I hope today goes smoothly yesterday was a bumpy ride
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off and the brew. I need one.

Pauly...I'm here, just been a very busy weekend.

Pi...I don't know how you do it. I am exhausted after a very loooong weekend of dog sitting. I do not own a dog so a lot of it is new to me. One of the dogs is terrified of thunder and yes that's all we had all weekend. It was like playing a live version of Where's Waldo!

Will check back after I get into my routine again.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Morning All, PQ I think anything out of the ordinary requires extra effort, so I can see how the dog care, when you're not used to it, would be tiring. It's done now though, right? Hope you at least got a souvenir T-shirt out of the deal.

Just a quick hello from me. I'm in quiet mode, it seems.

Comment

Hey Pi...yup all done with the dog sitting. Glad because there's a whopper of a thunderstorm just rolling in. Come to think of it I didn't get anything out of the deal. LOL Quiet mode is ok if that's all it is. We all need down time.

SK...:hug: just read back to see what was going on. What a Royal Jerk! You've got the right attitude though, glad to see it. Vent away whenever you need.

Pauly...hope today was a smoother ride for you.

Det...wow, photo job at at the tv station. That would be ace. Hope the interview went good.

TT...I never saw damages either so no risk from me either. LOL

My co-worker's husband passed away on Friday, he'd just turned 50. She is the assistant director of childcare and the director of childcare is in Ontario on holidays, so been keeping an eye on staff for them. The boss still hasn't heard back about his cancer....seems like I'm just in limbo all the time. He left about 11:30am for the day. Hopefully the board meeting in September will shed some light on what's going to happen.

Off to figure out what's for dinner, thinking cheesy noodle hamburger helper as I can't be bothered to do anything else.
          Hope everyone has a peaceful evening....:smilePPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers.

Long day but everyone lived, ha ha!

Had my afternoon in the dental chair Mick
            The missing parts for the greenhouse were actually delivered today so I guess construction will resume shortly.
            Cute bunny pic, wish I wasn't so allergic to the critters. It didn't rain today, go figure.

Pauly, my son-in-law should be arriving in Vegas right about now for his work conference. I'm sure he'll be happy to return home Friday. He's definitely not a partier.

Pie, a quiet day is OK. I hardly ever have one myself.

PQ, that's very sad about your friend's husband. 50 is way too young to go like that
            Wonder what's going on with your boss, hmm. I hope your thunderstorm wasn't too bad. We have had some real whoppers this summer.

Hello to SK, Det, Sam, SF, TT & anyone checking in.
            My granddaughter is asleep so I guess I get an hour or so of TV, nice.

Peace toneveryone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Fashionably late greetings ABerooonies!

Mick (Simon Cowell) grazie for the blastoff and the incredibly adorable pic of your silver fox bunny. Never heard of one. Picked a name yet?

PPQ, hope things calm down over yonder, yikes.

Pauly, it's amazing how much damage sugar does to our bodies and minds. Incidentally sugar kills more people globally than cigarettes do. amazing. I think I'm 4 days IF (icecream free) I don't care for most big cities either.

Lav, yer allergic to bunnies? drats. I'm allergic to cats and some dogs but was hoping maybe a bunny would be ok. hmmmm.

Hello to quiet Pie and Sam wherever he's hiding. And SF?

Interview today was stellar and fingers crossed now. They are having me submit forms for background investigation so that is a good sign.

Dx is off to the desert for 5 straight weeks tomorrow so I'll be in bachelor mode again. Not so nervous this time I'm happy to say, though I'll miss her as i always do.

In food news I made some ribs today that are so tender they really do fall off the bone. Yummo!

off to piddle around and watch youtube instructional videos on photo editing (what a nerd!)

be well loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

SK....that has to be so hard to deal with. I've seen some pretty nasty divorces. Thirty years is a long time and I can't imagine all the stuff you need to sort through. What a jerk. I just don't get the whole "sleeping with my friends hubby". People are freaking nuts.

Hubby is off work due to an injury and he needs surgery. They ok'd the workman's comp, but are taking their good old time approving the surgery. He has been laying on the couch for 10 days.....and he is turning into a mean old man. I get it....but I'm about to go postal on the postal system if this doesn't get moving along.

Kids are back to school on Friday. I start in prep foods tomorrow.....but, I won't be officially transferred over until......well who knows.

Through my health insurance signed up for Healthways. For $25 a month I get a membership to almost 30 health clubs in my area. Some are rather pricey if I were to sign up on my own. So I've been trying out the different clubs and I'm rather excited about the options. Plus, I get personal training sessions at each one.

Quitting smoking has me refocused on nutrition, sleep and exercise. I feel like a new person. Also adding a quality probiotic has definitely made a huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                X