Finally got through the Clearing Tracks and Sleep Learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had trouble before because of my crappy CD player, but I got the CDs loaded onto my new ipod now and finally had time to start them last night.

I have to say these CDs are really really cool. If you haven't tried them yet, you really should. I can't believe it, but I was really hypnotized and it was a really cool feeling. As you go deeper and deeper into hypnosis, the sensations you are imagining in your body are so real (or surreal?). I don't know how to explain it. Through all of the first clearing track, I can remember everything that was said. But, at the end of the second clearing track, he takes you even deeper into hypnosis and there came a point at the end where I can't even remember what was said. It was like he was accessing my subconscious directly, but I wasn't asleep because I came out as he counted back. Weird wild stuff!

Then, I slept to the sleep learning track, but ended up not keeping it on all night because the ipod earbuds were hurting me. I think they are a little too big to sleep in maybe. I usually wear earplugs every night (cause I wake easily to sounds, like my DH snoring or the cat meowing) and the earplugs are so soft and cushy. Maybe I can find earphones/earbuds that are softer and more comfy.

Hi Ada,

I have some earphones made by Koss that are super soft and squishy like earplugs. I got them @ Circuit City I think. Glad you like the tapes. It is cool that the ipod has that repeat button to keep it going all nite long.

Now I have that song in my head by Lionel Richie!!!

Comment

I've been sort of ramping up on the supplements, finally got the cd's in the mail yesterday, and just listened to the clearing ones. The first cd wouldn't play in my player either, and like you, I loaded it onto my laptop, then ipod, but I'm REALLY hoping the sleep learning one will play.

My CD ( combo alarm/radio/CD) player plays some cd's not others, and has a disclaimer saying that depending on the software used to record them, some cd's may not play. Harummpph!

I understand COMPLETELY about earbuds - you just can't sleep with them in all night. There is a little kit you can get at the Apple store (well, probably anywhere) that has a selection of earbud SIZES. It solved my ipod problem too, the ones that come with the ipod are hard and too big for my ears.

Anyway, if the sleep learning one won't play I'm going to import it into my computer and then try to burn it onto a different disc and see if that will work.

have an appointment with a psychiatrist/D.O. on Tuesday = she seems very supportive of the program and using nutrition to help cut cravings. I'm afraid of the topo because of the side effects, so I'm anxious to see what she'll say.

good luck with the sleep learning!

Comment

That's encouraging news. I have the CDs but haven't used them yet. I'm a little skeptical, but trying to keep an open mind, especially since I have such a high regard for Roberta. She makes sense on everything else, so it's hard to imagine she's goofed on this.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Oh yeah, should've mentioned I have a high regard for you, too, adagirl-- looks like I can't go wrong.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Thanks for posting this adagirl - I have had the cds for weeks but just haven't gotten around to putting them in my ipod. You've encouraged me to get a move on! I'm hoping they will be helpful with breaking with the 'habit' of drinking. I still often drink even when I don't have the physical craving. I think my brain is just programmed to believe I am a drinker and that's what I do.
            Thanks again.
            Hugs,
            imatree

Comment

Ada.
              If you sleep on your side just try wearing one. I just wear one in the side I'm not sleeping on. I don't move much at night. It's not stereo then but who cares?
              I just didn't want to invest anymore in it right now.

Hope that helps
              If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hypnosis question

I don't seem to be really going deep as you are describing, or I honestly fall asleep. I think I have only been through the clearing CD once, and the only way I can listen without falling asleep is to be busy which is not what is recommended - any ideas? Is it possible to not be able to "go deep" or do I need more practive - I've been at this for a month....

Comment

I love the RJ's entire set of CD and never tire of listening to them. If you have Insomnia you should know that drinking will only make it worst..Can drinking alcohol affect my sleep? - Dr. Robert S. Rosenberg
                  Meow-Meow
                  MonaKitty

Comment

RR, good idea about wearing just one ear bud. There are pillow speakers available from Radio Shack. Just as it sounds, you tuck the speaker under your pillow. Place your ear on your pillow and wa-la ! RJ's CD program is amazing.
                    Meow-Meow
                    MonaKitty

Comment

I finally got the CDs, after waiting an inordinately long time for them to arrive. I had a very open mind about them, especially since I have some experience with meditation techniques, which I've long regularly practiced. I figured these would be simply a nice extension of those techniques. However, I must say that I am thus far EXTREMELY disappointed in the CDs. I don't expect to be entertained; that's not what hypnosis is about. However, the content of the hypnotic narrative is what I'd call "cheesy," if not downright amateurish, the voice of the narrator is annoying, and his mispronunciation of some words is grating to someone who communicates for a living, as I do. All this together has so far prevented my being able to enter anything that could be remotely described as a "hypnotic state," while listening to the CDs.

I have thus far tried to set all that aside and have listened to the clearing tracks twice, and I intend to give them at least one more try, after some serious soul-searching to try to be forgiving of the defects. Maybe it's just me, after all. However, if I can't get past it, I intend to simply fall back on my meditative techniques (which were helping a lot, anyway) and I'll make someone a helluva deal on a set of CDs!

Comment

Working...
                      X