monday 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 8th

mornin all..a really windy morning...considering there is a bridge scaffold supposed to be going up,I hope they are wearing parachutes..out detecting yesterday..found a couple of Roman coins..nothing thats going to change the course of history tho..brew time..everyone want one?

hiya tt..well what did you end up with on the culinary front?anything palate challenging?I know there are external issues,and that they take time ,but hopefully to a favourable solution for you....as for the leaky roof..we had one of them...water can get where a scotsman cant...it was a nightmare to find..but eventually got fixed ..touch wood not leaked since..

hiya pie ...how are you today then?did you contact your dads carer ..hope it was good gnus..as for the water slide..yep Im up for that..

hiya ppqp...hows you then?still on eazee plant watering?did you get all your chores done?

hiya byrdie ,hows you today then?hows the baffling boiglar bizness treating you?read your post,and very interesting too...we must think pretty much a like!!
    the fact that you are actually writing as you say gives you thinking time,I believe writing it down forms a big part of the strategy
    posting on the forum that you need help...at the very least it buys you time for that wave crest to pass
    it is cathartic for some people..
    there is a section called help needed....if that was where you posted your "cry"(for want of better words)then it would be an immediate singular focus point for people to go to..
    the post before you drink ,does work..I know 2 folks that have used it previously.
    PMs and facebook..on a personal level,I dont mind anyone pming or sending me a message on fb..to a help..(my phone tells me when I have a new message)

a lot of people are happy to give on here,but you find there are a lot less willing to take,where it be shy embarrassed or what I dont know...the support is there,to be used ..no we arent doctors,or indeed curealls,but just that little bit of 1 to 1 support makes a massive difference...it makes you feel yes someone does care ,yes someone is willing to help me..thats what its all about.... in conjunction with discussing Mrs Jones at no 38 s new curtains and the latest Jason Bourne film...supporting each other...mebbes that "Help wanted"should be reviewed and redefined...sorry about heisting your fred byrdie!!!!

arghh!! I am soaked...let the rabbits out ..it has started pouring with rain...and yep it was like a circus act getting them back into their hutch..they think its great fun to run round the garden in the wind and rain..

hiya lav...brew no2 time..yep kept dry yesterday...not so now tho...petunias are one of Julies favourite flowers,usaully do pretty good with them in hanging baskets,but this year went more for fuschias and nasturtium combination...the main colour this year for petunias seems to be a purple...

big shout to all who jump in later
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Gidday Mick I'll jump in. Bit of a water theme in your post.
    Like your bit about water getting in where a Scotsman can't - reckon thats about right too. I can't recall who said it on the thread yesterday but house owning sure soaks up the dollars. Cant complain though as I wouldn't want to be renting and its so hard for most young people to get on the house buying ladder.
    We ended up with fish and chips and salad last night. Mt GB drove to the fish and chip shop and put the food in a bag that kept it warm for the drive back. I didn't eat much - it was pretty disgusting. Tonight was a more healthy home-made stir fry with chicken for them and tofu for me and lots of veges.
    I agree that the writing it down can be cathartic - although I also think it can be kind of tough when a reply takes a while in coming. And when people are in a desperate state, patience isn't always easy at all. Talking is good too although I have been finding that talking about my horrible horrible work situation just makes things worse for me.
    Oh well - family distractions tonight - I have a sad wee daughter about a few things and of course I cant do much except love her and mutter a few suggestions.
    I can't scroll back at the moment to check folk's posts from yesterday so hope you all are doing well. Pauly - that's for you too my dear!

Comment

morning all
      thanks for the brew, Mick, yep, will need a 2nd cup myself. How do TT? Had a roof leak myself and it took years to fix, water can be very elusive. It ended up rotting some of my roof so the fix was even more expensive.

pretty long day yesterday but we got a lot done. Finished getting around this 175 acre job, now compute and set corners. Doing the do on the soils job today, that's finally starting to pick up as well. I thought I'd lose my mind with boredom!

Saw that Pete Fountain died, dixieland jazz player, My dad loved to play records and dance with my mother in the living room, he was one of his favs. Good childhood memory.

fall feel is definitely in the air, black gum trees are just starting to turn, crickets are starting their fall thing. Tomatoes!!

hope everyone has a good monday.
      Sam
      Last edited by Samstone; August 8, 2016, 05:34 AM.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, just a quick fly by to say hi, I know I posted on Friday that I'd have posted but nobody is ever around or whatever but the truth is that I chose to drink and I'm pretty sure that all the words in the world wouldn't want stopped me,I had worked myself into such a frenzied state of frustration that I didn't know how to snap myself out of it and to be honest I was tired of the fight, I hope everyone has a nice Monday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya Pauly great to see you.
          I think there is an important shift in what you are saying here. You are saying that you chose to drink and admitting that responsibility can be really important in moving forward. It's not giving up and it's not denying the pressures in your life but it's saying that you have to take action. The important thing is to get some new strategies in case of a Next time (maybe there won't be a next time) to stop yourself from choosing to drink. Because that's not your longtime goal.
          You sounded very lonely as well as anxious last week.
          Anyway new week for you and I mustn't burn my toast this morning.

Comment

Pauly, I was one of the people who wouldn't ask for help if I was "planning to relapse".
            Sending you strength to go forward.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Wasn't too bad for a Monday especially because I didn't watch any kids today. Tomorrow is another story, ha ha!
              We have enjoyed a couple of less humid days but that's all about to change on Wednesday. I hear the 9th heatwave of the summer begins Wednesday, ugh.

Mick, congrats on your coin finds
              They will all add up to something eventually!!!

TT, I have been chowing down on vegan curried millet salad this summer, yum
              I make a big batch, it keeps well in the fridge & makes a great lunch on a bed of fresh salad greens. You might like something like that.

Sam, be aware of another round of extreme heat, ugh.
              Glad you are staying busy & outta trouble, Lol

Pauly, you know you can easily get my attention on FB anytime.
              We've got to get you thinking positive now, whatever it takes!!

Hi the SK & everyone else dropping by this evening.
              Peace to all of us.

Lsv
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Nice find with the coins Mic. Still on eeze watering duty, no complaints from me. Ex called the office today, didn't know it was him as it came up RCMP. He's been arrested in Strathmore for not paying fines in Medicine Hat. Asked him what he wanted me to do. I don't have any money. He said he phoned the kids but nobody answered. I just said and you wonder why? As far as I'm concerned he can sit in jail to his fine is paid off.

TT...just being there for your daughter is probably a huge help to her.

Sam...hope the soil job was good for you today.

Pauly...good to see you posting today, hope you had a good day. I posted a link to a Dry Drunk article that I think you might find interesting. If you can't find it let me know and I'll post it again. Thanks for the honesty about it wouldn't matter what we said you were going to drink. Now lets get a new plan in action.

SK...yup it can be hard to ask for help. Sometimes you have to hint at it. LOL

Lav...will have to look up vegan curried millet but when I don't understand the words I'm hesitant of trying the dish. LOL Rest up for tomorrow.

Cheated today, brought poutine home, just wasn't going to cook. Spent most of the day dealing with issues the boss didn't deal with before he went on holidays. Looking forward to my book and bed tonight. Shout out to everyone else who stops in tonight.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I did read that dry drunk article you posted PPQP and I HATE to admit that it fit me,the question is how to not be a dry drunk? I neverwanted that so I guess I denied it to myself, sorry about the ex,sheesh!enjoy your poutine and book
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning All, Sure do appreciate the start ups, and the brews, Mick. Hope you'll post a pic or two of the scaffolds when they go up.

The new week has brought a major change of scenery for me. I'm a juror in a murder trial! Yep, for the next few days a person's liberty will be in the hands of yours truly and 11 other citizens. A good reason to be clear headed, non? I've researched how to take a bus downtown to avoid the drive and the parking. Should be interesting on many levels.

Dad's caretaker announced that she's been gifted with a surprise trip to Vegas this week. Fortunately, she's arranged for some trustworthy stand-ins to stay with Dad. I expect a few hiccups, but hopefully nothing more.

Pauly, one of the most helpful things said to me in the early days of my quit came from a person who first quit heroin, then cigarettes, and then alcohol. When I asked how, she said, "I'm stubborn." What? I thought. Stubborn? That's it!? No magic pill, or potion, or program, just stubborn? A 2 year old can be stubborn, for heaven's sake! F*ck! I can be stubborn!! And so my quit became simplified, because whenever I feel overwhelmed about what a monumentally huge task it is to beat addiction, I hang on to stubborn. :cuss::hug:

Comment

Wow...Pi...a murder trial. That's on my bucket list. You'll have to share some stories with us. The last 3 times I was picked for jury duty I was currently in litigation so that gave me a free pass.

Pauly...so if you think you might be a dry drunk then let's start googling how to stop being a dry drunk. I'm sure there's other out there that had to get through it. I'll have a look around for you.

Poutine was good, soon onto the book.

Comment

PQ, I had to Google poutine. Never heard of it before. Actually, I had to Google Lav's millet as well.

Sorry dear Ex is in the hoosegow, except it should cut down on the number of phone calls you receive from him.

Comment

You would think wouldn't you Pi.
                          When he was thrown into the psych ward he had nothing else to do except phone me!!!
                          So I cut off his calling card. LOL

Comment

Good one, PQ! Meant to tell you that Mr. Mercedes was so good, I've moved on to the 2nd one, Finders Keepers. What are you reading now?

Comment

My co-worker and I exchange books and the latest one she gave me is a collection of 4 short stories, all authors I read.
                              Unfortunately it's hard cover and makes it hard to hold in bed, but I'll persevere. LOL
                              On the lookout for Mr. Mercedes now.....

Comment

Working...
                              X