Lefty in Asia stopping in to say hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally I have an internet connection today so am reading up on all of your postings. I attempted to post a comment on my post from last week but was unable to so here I am again with a fresh thread. I am totally excited. I have been on Campral almost two weeks and I am still without urges and do not seem to be having side effects. I am unable to download the books, the Cd's are a distant idea for me and I have no supplements but for now the Campral seems to have taken away those terrible urges. I am a hundred percent certain I would have drank and I just don't want to. I am in a cafe now with four bottles of imported wine setting next to me and it all seems as though that is for someone else or about someone else. Have others had this kind of success with Campral or am I kidding myself? I am ready to be sober but I have stopped so many times before and always I had unbearable urges. Why not this time if all that has changed is the Campral? If anyone has the answer I am longing to hear it.

And! My son is sober now for four days. He is the most delightful fun person and charming, until... you all know the rest of the story. I cannot bear him when he drinks. He has been giving me some positive reinforcement of late about my own behavior and sobriety.

I am going to try to do some more reading as I so enjoy your writing back and forth to each other and trying to figure out why I Love Brandy had to have the biopsy! I fear I will lose my internet connection before I find out the beginning of the story.

Take care to all and good luck in your quest. Saw the post of apology about someone being over the top in the chat room... Reminds me a bit of going to AA in three different countries under the influence. I was fortunate that everyone was kind to me and I bet that I had a very sobering effect on them. I can imagine looking back people were thinking Yep! that's a great reason not to drink.

My son might start on Topromax if we can find it here but so far no luck. I don't think no matter how optimistic we both are that he is ready for total sobriety though he is one who has suffered a great deal of health problems from drinking too much. Liver Enzymes are off the chart and he is painfully thin. Okay to all, thanks so much. I haven't a clue if this will post but if not at least it was well worth it for me to verbalize this, so to speak!

Sober Lefty in Asia trying to do the right thing!

Hi Lefty!

So good to hear from you!! I am so pleased to hear you are doing so well. I can't answer any of your questions on campral though. Someone else will for sure! I am thrilled to hear the news about your son!! I hope all continues to go well with him. How wonderful it must be for the two of you to be connecting again! Keep, keeping in touch when you can!

Donna

Comment

Great to hear from you Lefty. I'm glad that the Campral is having such a great effect on you! You sound so relieved! I haven't tried it myself, but it is supposed to help enormously, so I think you can believe it! I think the key is the same as with anything though, just don't take it for granted! (somehow, I don't think that you will! )

I wish your son the best. It sounds like he has been though a struggle, as you both have.

Keep posting when you can.

Kathy

Comment

Hey Lefty! Good to hear from you and great news about you and your son....

Yep, the Campral has been a life-saver! Like you, I've been wondering about whether or not it's working or whether it was actually some sort of placebo effect.... I guess whatever is going on it's working because I haven't had a drink since I started it--and no real cravings either! All I have left is the "habit" of drinking, which is MUCH easier to deal with than that dreadful feeling of "I've GOT to have a DRINK or I think I'll crack up or die or something"....

Let me suggest that you link to the articles posted by CV on this board...it's under the topic of Alcohol and Brain Chemistry (or something like that)...they will tell you what is going on with us in terms of alcohol, WHY we crave it and HOW we can heal ourselves...I think this probably also explains how the Campral works in our brains to stop the cravings. I highly recommend that you read them...

Keep up the good work, Lefty and hope that internet connection holds up...love to see you back here on a regular basis!

hugs, susan

Comment

Hey Lefty! Good to see ya back around! And with such great news! Hope you're able to keep checkin in with us ... and happy trails to you & your son...

Comment

Working...
          X