Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st day being a good boy

hello everyone!
    im new here just registered about 10 minutes ago. my name is kyle, im 24 and i live in edmonton alberta.
    im about 1/3 the way into the m.w.o. book, and cant seem to put it down! thought id check out the website and such...
    ive been struggling with many addictions for the past several years, fortunately i made it through alive. ive tried many different ways to quit, and none seem to be working that well so far... i guess it just aint easy!
    i want to be completely sober cuz i dont think i have much of an off switch, and that switch is close to non existant after my first drink.
    i want my health back, i want my wittiness back and all that sort of stuff. i dont want to be the family drunk that everybody sh*ts on any more either haha.
    anyways this is my first honest day without alcohol in probably 3-4 months. 'twas a tough day but its 11:34pm so im almost on day two WOOHOO!
    anyways, i hope i can make some buds here and learn your ways of sobriety!
    anny sugguestions for my first few days?

1st day being a good boy

Hey Ghostman - :welcome:

... and bring on Day 2. I can almost guarantee that if you stick with us for a while, you'll make some buds. I can definitely guarantee that once you lose the excess booze, you'll get your wittiness back.

Look forward to seeing you around.

Comment

1st day being a good boy

Hi ghostman and welcome.
      Did my first stint of alcohol free days last wk. - managed 5 consecutive days last week, and am already on Day 3 of my second alcohol free spell.

I found the first 2 days as tough as Hell, but I persevered, and am glad I did. As you are currently reading the book, you`ll see that people are working this programme to suit the individual -some people are on meds and taking the supps/listening to the cds, others are doing it without the meds, and some are doing it by sheer willpower. Whichever way you choose, you will find a wealth of information and support here.

I led myself to believe that I simply could not go even 1 night without a drink, only now I know I can last several nights without a glass in hand. Personally, I think I still have a long way to go, but have to say that M.W.O., and all the genuine people I have met here gave me the courage to begin to change.

Best Wishes,

Starlight Impress

Comment

1st day being a good boy

Hi ghostman,

Welcome,
        keep reading that book. Read here, read posts from the long term folks and the new people too. This isn't a quick fix or an easy one but what this site gave me was hope. That is what I needed and that's what I found.

Get the supplements. They help repair your body from all the harm you have done to it. Whether you order them from here or buy them somewhere else just start the healing process. It helps control the physical cravings and any withdrawal you might have depending on how much and how long you drank. If you decide you need further help you may want to pursue medication, there is plenty of info here about that.

Only you can make the decision about whether to moderate or abstain completely from your consumption of alcohol. This program is flexible. Lots of folks here think they can moderate but realize after a time that they cannot. Most recommend that initially you abstain for at least 30 days then decide. Most also recommend that at first 30 days seems overwhelming so you should just take it one day at a time.

The main thing you will find here is unending support. If you fall down, no shame will be heaped upon you, but we are not enablers either. We all want the same thing and that is freedom from our dependency on alcohol.

There are all kinds of folks here from all over the place and all time zones so it takes a full 24 hours to get replies from everyone so be patient.

Welcome and hope to hear from you alot.

Melissa
        If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

1st day being a good boy

hi tawnyfrog and starlight impress! thanks and im glad to be here (finally)
          yes im quite the internet nerd, so im on alot chatting, i hope to spend a lot of time in these forums every1 is so nice!
          wholly u guys live far away australia and scotland, two places id like to see...
          anyways yeah, i think ill just have to tough the first few days out, get these toxins and such out and then concider the suppliment plan offered here perhaps...

Comment

1st day being a good boy

rottod: yeah the members here seem to be pretty spread out, i guess i can get support any time of the day thats pretty cool! im pretty excited about this already...

well i know i cant moderate, tried that a few times hahah.

ive been considering going to the detox centre here, but something is just raging out DONT DO IT. i dont know if its my addict within, or if i just hate going to detox lol (been there twice)

Comment

1st day being a good boy

hi , just wanted to say hi, an hope day 2 is a good 1, im fast becoming an internet nerd, only had computer 3 mths, seem to of been on this site a lot since i found it, i ve opened my eyes to that fact im a pisshead!! u mentioned other addictions? im also an addict to more than just the beer although the drugs i can stop, although will always b in my life i think i got control, just the beer thats killin me, i hope this site helps you through, look forward to gettin to kno u, im gonna b thick, but where is it u live, geography not a strong point !!
              :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

1st day being a good boy

A warm welcome Kyle to MWO. Good luck with the programme! Janicexxx
                AF since 9 May 2012
                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

1st day being a good boy

hey ghostman/Kyle. yeh, you've come to a good place. I can vouch for it. I've done detox several times and always relapsed after max a few weeks. And I do mean relapse. Just found this place after going AF coming out of my last relapse and it's made everything so much easier. Here you will find support, understanding, commiserating, and not least, entertainment. Sorry, it's addictive, too, but with mostly healthy side effects.

You'll learn fast that I'm big on health and supplements, and I'm sort of the detox guru (self appointed, but based on some comments I've gotten on this site). Sounds like you got the detox routine down, so my advice will be:

1) Do the supplements -- as rottrod/melissa says, the supps (and healthy eating) will make withdrawal and staying sober much much easier. You have to think of the supps as medication. It's not just a matter of repairing what's broken, but also reducing all those nasty withdrawal symptoms that will linger even after they get less intense.

2) Come here constantly and post any time you feel like it. Instead of taking a drink, write a post. And if you do fall down, write a post and we'll help you up again. Just keep coming.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

1st day being a good boy

u r good beatle ! always a wise word hope your day is good xx
                    :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

1st day being a good boy

Thanks for that Rachel. The day started out shitty but am feeling better after logging on here.

And, ghostman -- yeh that's right, this is your thread isn't it . One more thing:

about that detox centre. If something inside you is raging DON'T DO IT, my advice is DON'T DO IT. I went against that raging voice after two times in a detox centre and regretted going back. (they actually belittled me and even threatened to take my kids away). You know what it takes to detox now, so you can probably handle it on your own. Just remeber the dangers involved, bla bla bla (this is where the rest of the readers hop over to the next post).

Anyway, if you need any detox advice, just ask the guru (though it sounds like you're on top of that).
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

1st day being a good boy

Welcome Ghostman!!

You've come to the right place!!

My only advice I can give so far is don't give up trying to give up, and if you have a slip, pick yourself up and try again.

I'm starting to get a bit better at it... and try anything that helps!

You'll get a tonne of support here, and will meet some fantastic people!

Love Jas
                        :thanks: :h

Comment

1st day being a good boy

:welcome:

Pisces is right, don't give up giving up. You'll find tons of support here.

Have a good read of all the posts, there is a wealth of information.

I'm back on day 1 myself today and had alot of success in May due to this great place.

I wish you well on your journey.

Kitty
                          Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                          Confucius

Comment

1st day being a good boy

Hi Ghost: I too don't have an "off" switch. I'm only 2 days AF & feel great so far. I must admit that I really don't know when the urge will be irresistible, but I'm determined to talk my inner addict out of any drinking. I have pretty much realized that I cannot have a drink. Once I get started, I cannot stop. That is something that I've been trying to admit to myself every day. Good luck. Mary
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

1st day being a good boy

rachel28;151179 wrote: hi , just wanted to say hi, an hope day 2 is a good 1, im fast becoming an internet nerd, only had computer 3 mths, seem to of been on this site a lot since i found it, i ve opened my eyes to that fact im a pisshead!! u mentioned other addictions? im also an addict to more than just the beer although the drugs i can stop, although will always b in my life i think i got control, just the beer thats killin me, i hope this site helps you through, look forward to gettin to kno u, im gonna b thick, but where is it u live, geography not a strong point !!
                              Rachel,
                              Edmonton is in the middle of Canada. Head West for the 2000 mile swim , then
                              run another 2000 due west and you'll be close. I'm the first point of land you'll hit on the
                              way so I'll warm up some tea when I see you coming .

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X