Monday August tu tu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday August tu tu

morning all, brew's all around, the coffee is on me.
    finally cooling off here a tiche. Did the surveying thing this weekend. Got lots done but I feel the need to take a break here soon. Got a few music things on the horizon, so that'll be fun. One thing I'll say about being sober, I sure feel like I don't have time to drink!

Hope everyone is doing well. Be looking in later.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

MAE all, and thanks for the coffee, Sam. I brought along some bagels to share.

Comment

Mae everybody, wow coffee and bagels? Gonna get spoiled around here tired this morning, grrrr,oh well we'll deal,I seen freaking Halloween stuff in 2 stores yesterday, isn't it August? Sheesh, hope we all have a splendid day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Sam...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Mick must be getting his treasures appraised. LOL Don't over due the veying, music sounds like a much better idea.

Pi...thanks for the bagels. I'll have mine toasted please.

Pauly...some of the stores around here have gone straight to Xmas displays. Time seems to be going by fast enough without that.

Speaking of time....Aug 15 saw 4 years sober for me. Seems so much is always going on I don't think of it anymore.
        Brief hail storm just rolled through. Have to pick my time to scoot out to work. Shout out to all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Congratulations on 4 years PPQP!!!! You snuck in under the radar,I hadn't realized Christmas stuff will be around in September I'm sure around here
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hell yeah, PQ!

Comment

hiya folks,this internet and puter is a nightmare....it is on /off/on /off all the time changed the modem ,the lot but still playing up..def need to get a new one now..dreading the windows 10 tho...been to the dentist today too ...wasnt the best of afternoons..going to have an early night mit painkillers...will be back in the morning...hope everyone is ok..
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Congrats PQ on 4. Years. That is marvellous.
                Hi there everyone else. No relief in sight at this end and it just gets tougher each day.

Comment

Huge congrats on 4 years PPQ! I hope I never catch you!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ahoy hoy unhung ABeroooskies!

Sam, thanks for the AF kick into gear. Music is a great idea.

PQ, holy snot... 4 years is ab fab! so very proud of you. And yes garlic-stuffed olives rock. As well as blue cheese stuffed olives.
                    speaking of which I just came home with a fab new discovery: Rothkase buttermilk blue cheese which is a raw live-culture cheese that is maaawvelous.

Ttops, that doesn't sound fun. wish i could do something.....

I'm basking in the endorphin glow only provided by a heart-pounding visit to the gym today replete with a few dozen blows to the head and kicks to the ribs....good times.

Mick, another session with the butcher? damn. your tomorrow should be much better

Pauly, a rest is in order for both of us me thinks.

shouts to Pie, Lav, Nora, SF, ABC and all who dare to fling themselves into this den of lambs

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

I just shot a picture of.....wait for it.... broccoli!!!!! woweee.

a tiny piece about 3/4" high.

nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

CONGRATS ON 4 YEARS--PPQ!

Went to a yoga class and then spent the afternoon hiking. Spent the weekend laid up....I think part of my being vulnerable was due to being tired and something coming on. Although it could just be underlying stress handling all the booze all the time. We have Octoberfest beer all over the store. Two more shifts and I move. The next two are not typical "high booze" sales times. Just looking forward to moving

Looks like I'll be the morning person....yikes! 6a-2p......at least it will be regular hours and I can handle all the kids school activities.

Hubby has surgery on Thursday.

Hope everyone is doing well....Mick sounds like you are having a lovely time at the dentist--yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
                          I just shot a picture of.....wait for it.... broccoli!!!!! woweee.

a tiny piece about 3/4" high.

I LOVE this photo!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Finally a free minute for myself, yay!

Hi Sam, thanks for the coffee.
                            Pie, great bagels, thanks

Mick, I sure hope Tuesday rolls smoother for you, geez.

PQ, a huge CONGRATS to you on 4 years AF :welldone:
                            Obviously you found uour way out, I am happy for you!!!

Hello to Pauly, SF & Det.
                            Det, I can't say I have ever seen such a beautiful mouthful of broccoli, very nice!!

SF, I sure wouldn't be happy working around all the booze either. I think I would have to visualize customers walking out with bottles of poison or something
                            I really hope your new department is easier on your heart & soul.

Tonight is my granddaughter's fifth & final night here. It's been a fun & busy time & I am grateful for this special time together.

Peace to everyone tonight!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

PQ, a BIG congrats!!!!!
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X