its the poets day thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the poets day thread..

mornin all ...and howz weall today then?all good ready for the weekend are we ?just checking the spelling on this machine ....I spell great its just that this is an enigma coding machine and jumbles all the letters up..was looking at puters...and this one is still in the 400 pounds mark to buy ..its got an extended warranty ,so it will be going in on toosdi ..monday is a bank holiday here..see if they can do anything with it..if not then its new one time..rather spend the money on jollidays...

toothy pegs are bit sore ..keep grinding them in my sleep and its straight on to the top of a nerve...on the bright side ..it shows that I slept!!

ok brew time it is...all in?

mornin Marshall Det how are we then ?all good I hope ..when does Mrs Det arrive home ?ok ..Scottish joke broken down ..all cakes a pound ..this one is two pounds ...why?its madeira cake..(my dearer cake ..as opposed to madeira .the type)still got your aches n pains..?

hiya sk nice to see you ..glad you enjoy the posts and jokes ...sometimes its kind of hard to find/think of them and then to kind of self censor them..my sense of humour is kind of mad anyway!still the main thing is you are here..well not here here,else I would be talking as opposed to writing...how are things with you? hope fully ok...was in sunny Droylsden the other day...changes every time I go there!

hiya Lav....one loooong peaceful brew for you ..here you go...well you reckon you will get a peaceful weekend...or surprise .com the kids will land? got this plant yesterday..its called a lisianthus....and comes from your part of the world

51248_01_f.jpg

took another crop of toms off this morning..

hiya ppqp...glad the eye is getting better well done on that..dont go too mad on the reading tho!!yes that wild gardening has really taken off over here..maybe you can start the trend there?

ok lets meet up in the Los Gigantes hotel...!

hiya pauly hows you today then?all good hopefully not sneezing today...you stuck yer bum back on after you sneezed it off yesterday?yep its the Spanish islands again

try this link

YouTube

Ive walked and run this path and I know Molls has walked it too.. at the 3.52 mark is the hotel..it sits over the sea..

hiya tt ...hope you are doing ok....

hey Sam ..you ok too?and you Nora C

right peeps goodly by n have a great weekend....

Saw a sign in the bus station today, it said 'One bus takes 35 cars off the road.....
    personally i think it depends how aggressive the driver is.

14040153_765215100288215_246344386128450681_n.jpg

I once put my name and address in a bottle and threw it into the sea. 10 years later I got a letter from someone in Australia.
    It was a fine from their government for littering Bondi beach!!..

Little Johnny was in the classroom bored to the back teeth on a Friday afternoon, and the teacher decided to have a game for the kids to get them thinking.
    "Okay class. Now I'm going to say a famous quote, and the first person to tell me who said that quote, can have Monday off." said the teacher.
    "Who is credited with writing the phrase, To be or not to be, that is the question?" asked the teacher.
    Little Pham Lam Nguyen at the front of the class called out, "Shakespeare".
    "Well done!" said the teacher, "You can have Monday off."
    "No thank you Miss. I am of Vietnamese origin and it is in our culture to study as hard as we can, so I will be here on Monday studying hard." said Little Pham Lam Nguyen.
    "Well okay," said the teacher. The next quote is, "I had a dream!"
    Little Fri Sum Kat also at the front yelled out "I bereiva it was Martin Ruther King!"
    "Well done!" said the teacher. 'You can have Monday off"
    "No thanka you miss I am of Chinese oligin and we also do not take time offa school. Education is evelything to us, so I will be in on Monday studying hard too." said little Fri Sum Kat.
    "Okay," said the teacher. Then she heard a voice from the back of the classroom,
    "Fecking foreigners!"
    "Who said that?" yelled the teacher in an angry tone.
    "Donald Trump!" yelled little Johnny. "See ya Tuesday!!.

14022211_764665157009876_4934057028218022756_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

MAE All, Cute little Johnny joke, Mick! I've been pretty involved with the puppy mill dogs. Had an emergency that required a cool head, clear communication, and nighttime driving. It's completely clear to me that none of those things would have been possible, if not for my alcohol freedom. It's also true that I experienced a desire to drink for the initial calming effect. The drinking thoughts have been churned up. Think I'll spend some time today reading on the site.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,I liked the little Johnny joke too haha Pie,what kind of work with the puppy mills? Rescue? Always makes me sad to see the footage of those, I dunno how to share a video on here but I had to get that tortoise video on Facebook cuz If I said it who'd believe me? That little turd cracks me up so hard,he's just got such an attitude haha,I'm still exhausted but don't want to sleep too much cuz then I just feel creepy, probably won't get many steps in today either just cuz I think I need to take it easy, much love to all, hope everyone has a nice AF Friday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone. Mick, just trying to move forward and packing stuff at my home and the husband is moving away. I mentioned on the Steppers thread that when going through stuff I realized my sterling heirloom silver is gone. I know the girlfriend took it. She always a damned thief and I am mad as hell. I won't see husband again and that makes me sad. He cheated on me but before that we raised 2 great kids and we were best friends.

He is facing further amputation from foot to over the knee and I feel so darned bad about that.

I don't know how I can prove she stole it and I don't want to claim it on the house insurance because the monetary value means nothing, but the sentimental heirloom value is priceless. (I sound like a Visa ad.) This should be going to my kids who are deserving of it, not to that trollope.

Sam, are you planning on getting some rest this weekend.

Det, what did you put in the meatloaf?

Pie, sorry you had those thoughts churned up. Reading here is a great idea.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Hope the toothy peg sores heal soon. At least you'll be ready to chomp down on all the food over the holidays.

Pi...isn't it great to be able to step up to the challenge! Good plan on sticking to the site if you're having drinking thoughts. Remember the crave is just a wave, ride it out. PM if you want to.

Pauly...Have to go back and read the jokes now. I agree with taking it easy today.

Quiet in the office today. Got a bride in here decorating for tomorrow so hopefully I can get away early.
          Have a Fab Friday all....:smile:PPQP

X-post SK...sometimes life just sucks doesn't it!!! Stay positive.
          Last edited by porqoui; August 26, 2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

ppqp...Got a bride in here decorating for tomorrow excellent doesnt matter who or what they are as long as they help..whats she doing wallpapering???

SK....will your husband not play ball at all ..even considering how much the silver means to you?

pie keep in touch ..those thoughts aint gonna win!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
              ppqp...Got a bride in here decorating for tomorrow excellent doesnt matter who or what they are as long as they help..whats she doing wallpapering???
              :hahaha:

Well the bride and her entourage finished at 3pm so I locked up and left.
              Looking forward to a quiet weekend, no water responsibilities.

Comment

I hope you have a laid back weekend PPQP, you deserve it! Pie,are you feeling better?
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Are those pretty flowers for ME Mick? Ha ha, I do love them.
                  My day went crazy busy & I somehow ended up with my oldest grandson here for the night - I am never truly alone, LOL
                  I am happy to hear that you are sleeping, that's good for healing. It's getting all hot & humid here after a couple of comfortable days - figures.

Pie, I hope yo have found a suitable way to relieve your stress. Sorry it's been hard on you lately. Be sure to stay connected with all of us, OK?

Pauly, hope you are feeling more settled tonight as well.

SK, why don't you just call that B*tch & tell her to bring your silver back?? What have you got to lose? She's certainly no friend of yours
                  Take good care of yourself!

Hey there PQ, glad you had a nice day! Have a terrific weekend too

Hello to Sam, Det, SF & anyone popping in tonight.
                  It's almost 9:30 so I have to chase this kid to bed. Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, before I do that and alert her I want to go thru some pics to see if I have a picture of it and see if it's a police issue.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                    X